TR Casual Discussion TOGG - Türkiye's Automotive Joint Venture Group

L

legionairre

OK! I am sold out, but beyond hype, question is the infrasture! How long before I can ride this beauty without a fear of running out of charge, or, will I be able to find a convenient charge station in my neighborhood, or enroute? Extension cord out of the window may be very inconvenient for some!
EDIT: Let me rephrase; Do you believe this will be a successful endeavor without state incentives (in favor of the prospective owner) such as serious tax reductions, and a convenient infrastructure? How long can the venture stand without anticipated sales volume?

Last edited by a moderator:

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,002
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Cord extension out of the windows will take approx. 24h to load your car (Tesla Model 3 for example) it's not feasible nor practical. Germany has a decent network already but there are still black spots, i.e. when I drive to a smaller village I might have to take a detour of 10-20km to charge it for half an hour before I can start because the infrastructure net is still to lose / spread wide.

Turkish cities are full of flats, not single houses who can have their own charging pod, so what Turkey needs is a massive expansion of charges within the cities and on the highway and double yol networks. And then make people respect that certain spaces are only for EV.. good luck with that.

TOGGs car will be out soon and the owners will only be able to effectively use it within a city if nothing unexpected is announced and executed fast in the next months. Tesla is building their own charging network in Turkey, and it will be exclusive for Teslas at least initially. In the Netherlands they recently opened it up to other cars too afaik.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Cord extension out of the windows will take approx. 24h to load your car (Tesla Model 3 for example) it's not feasible nor practical. Germany has a decent network already but there are still black spots, i.e. when I drive to a smaller village I might have to take a detour of 10-20km to charge it for half an hour before I can start because the infrastructure net is still to lose / spread wide.

Turkish cities are full of flats, not single houses who can have their own charging pod, so what Turkey needs is a massive expansion of charges within the cities and on the highway and double yol networks. And then make people respect that certain spaces are only for EV.. good luck with that.

TOGGs car will be out soon and the owners will only be able to effectively use it within a city if nothing unexpected is announced and executed fast in the next months. Tesla is building their own charging network in Turkey, and it will be exclusive for Teslas at least initially. In the Netherlands they recently opened it up to other cars too afaik.
The problem is known and M. Gürcan Karakas is in talkes with several institutes/companies to solve this problem soon.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,002
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Good first step for long distance travel along the motorways probably.

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We need nuclear power stations urgently, everything will work on electricity it seems. So we should take necessary steps to decrease our dependence on electricity production!!

L

legionairre

1500? Cool. We need at least 250.000. Each will cost €30.000. Without nuclear power, hard to realize.
I have posted similar concerns previously. As I understand, TOGG is designed to compete in the international market long before it hits the domestic market in full force. That is what the company relies on. Anyone knows that we do not have the resources (nor the cash) to build such an infrastructure, in such limited time. I say I would wait for al least another decade to go for all-electric…

godel44

Reactions
8 393
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1500? Cool. We need at least 250.000. Each will cost €30.000. Without nuclear power, hard to realize.

If you mean 250,000 charging stations, I think that number would be way too high. There are about 13,000 oil stations in Turkey right now. Considering that many parking areas will also have high or low speed chargers to charge the cars overnight, I think 1,500 is fine as a start. I think most people will charge their cars overnight at home the same way they do their phones and they will need high-speed charging stations on the road only if they are undertaking long-distance travel.

Also, it might be good to co-locate an electric charging station inside the existing oil stations.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have posted similar concerns previously. As I understand, TOGG is designed to compete in the international market long before it hits the domestic market in full force. That is what the company relies on. Anyone knows that we do not have the resources (nor the cash) to build such an infrastructure, in such limited time. I say I would wait for al least another decade to go for all-electric…
€ 7.5 billion is needed. Some parts will come from government, some part from private companies.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
If you mean 250,000 charging stations, I think that number would be way too high. There are about 13,000 oil stations in Turkey right now. Considering that many parking areas will also have high or low speed chargers to charge the cars overnight, I think 1,500 is fine as a start. I think most people will charge their cars overnight at home the same way they do their phones and they will need high-speed charging stations on the road only if they are undertaking long-distance travel.

Also, it might be good to co-locate an electric charging station inside the existing oil stations.
Yes, I mean charging stations. The number I mentioned is by G. Karakas. He should know what he is talking about.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,076
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The 250.000 charging stations number will probably include stations that are mandatory to be built inside every new condo to be built which is now a part of the Turkish building code.

HTurk

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,203
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
1500 stations is next to nothing. It's ridiculous to even present this as a big achievement to the electorate.

godel44

Reactions
8 393
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes, I mean charging stations. The number I mentioned is by G. Karakas. He should know what he is talking about.
That number still sounds too high to me. I would like to see the link if you have it.

Top Bottom