Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,681
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TOGG factory construction and installation of serial production lines are nearly completed. TOGG project is going on somewhat ahead of schedule.

Tests and trials of machinery are going on. Sample production will start soon. Serial production will start in Q4 2022. The first model of the TOGG will be available for customers in Q1 2023.
TOGG will initially have a battery with Farasis NMC 811 chemistry that is produced locally in SiRo(Joint Venture between Farasis and Togg) battery factory. It will be replaced by Farasis 4th gen Li-Ion(NMC 811 with silicon) battery which will be produced locally in SiRo battery factory.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,047
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

don't that s too expensive for our people?

Last edited:

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,515
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Even electric cars are taxed in Turkiye. They need to completely remove this non sense. Also the state should allocate a small grant for the purchase of an electric vehicle, like many countries in Europe.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,047
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
even average people in G7 countries cant afford a 900000TL(50000USD) as a national civilian car(for example,Toyota Prius has a starting price of $25000)

And the richs wouldnt like a new brand.....

we have to make togg not much than $30000

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
even average people in G7 countries cant afford a 900000TL(50000USD) as a national civilian car(for example,Toyota Prius has a starting price of $25000)

And the richs wouldnt like a new brand.....

we have to make togg not much than $30000

This is a luxury SUV and you compare it with the trash can on wheels called Prius?

TOGG strategy here is a correct one. It is much easier to penetrate the market and create positive cashflow with a high-end vehicle. Later they will make cheaper vehicles.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,047
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is a luxury SUV and you compare it with the trash can on wheels called Prius?

TOGG strategy here is a correct one. It is much easier to penetrate the market and create positive cashflow with a high-end vehicle. Later they will make cheaper vehicles.
Japanese and Korean firstly made the cheap tash like COROLLA and went to luxury car such as Lexus years later.

Turkish citizens cant afford that cars and the richs prefer old and famous brand.Unless we have Technology advantage,that s very hard to fight in the market.We must make the High qualty and low price products just like our drone.TB2 and Akinci cant enter the Drone market with a MQ-1 price.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,927
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

No it's not. You first need to actually prove yourself as car manufacturer, not to mention national reputation plays a role. People will take a risk on a high-end electric vehicle from Italy or Japan, especially if it's a proven company like BMW or Toyota, in an economically stable country. Absolutely nobody is going to take a risk on an unknown brand from a country like Turkey that most people cannot afford in an unstable economy using technology that most people still consider a meme that will never replace ordinary cars and will be even more expensive to maintain than an ordinary one.

Not even the most patriotic Turk will be willing to eat a shit sandwich of that caliber.

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 976
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

TOGG is not a luxury SUV, It is C SUV. And It will cost between 25-35K$ + tax, So It will cost similar to Prius. Most of the Advertised feature will be included only in full package not in the base model.

Basicaly No Car company makes profit out off initial sales, Every car sales turns to profit with its aftersale support and spear part sales. And It is important to set expectation real, Togg will NOT turn into profit in the next 20 years and We need to create economy of scale in this time which is around 4 million annual sales for automotive industry.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,951
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
~30-35K€ for a E-SUV if they really manage such a price tag then they will sell like crazy. Especially since most countries in Europe provide financially support.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,966
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Im gonna be honest I like the sedan version.

But I fcking hate electric cars.

No sound no soul

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,966
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

So sad in the future this will be dead for good.

So happy I grew up with such cars.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,042
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Im gonna be honest I like the sedan version.

But I fcking hate electric cars.

No sound no soul

Having owned an electric car for now almost a year, I couldn't care less about the sound.
It's quiet, it accelerates better and is better for the environment.

Give it a try, I'm sure the acceleration will make up for the sound.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,966
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Having owned an electric car for now almost a year, I couldn't care less about the sound.
It's quiet, it accelerates better and is better for the environment.

Give it a try, I'm sure the acceleration will make up for the sound.

You cant be a car fan without sound.

B.t.N

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
No it's not. You first need to actually prove yourself as car manufacturer, not to mention national reputation plays a role. People will take a risk on a high-end electric vehicle from Italy or Japan, especially if it's a proven company like BMW or Toyota, in an economically stable country. Absolutely nobody is going to take a risk on an unknown brand from a country like Turkey that most people cannot afford in an unstable economy using technology that most people still consider a meme that will never replace ordinary cars and will be even more expensive to maintain than an ordinary one.

Not even the most patriotic Turk will be willing to eat a shit sandwich of that caliber.
All you need is state support and visionary maketing! In a scenario that the State announces all vehicles in official use (including municipal) to be replaced by electric in the following decade, sales will soar beyond your wildest dreams! Alternatives are always out there…

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,966
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
What sound? You mean those 1.0-2.0L 3/4 Cylinder vacuum cleaners, 90% of the people are driving here?
If yes, i definitely prefer electric cars over this.

I would take that over a souless electric car any day.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,042
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
You remind in many ways again and again of elderly people that are used to their old ways and are afraid of trying new things.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,966
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
You remind in many ways again and again of elderly people that are used to their old ways and are afraid of trying new things.

Maybe but cars are just more than point to point. Many cars are masterpieces.

Its gonna be sad when so many cars that sound so good will be gone for good. I know I cant afford a lambo or a ferrari. But the day when v12s and v10s die off will be a day of sadness for many car fans.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom