bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I wish there was another local brand after togg. Automotive is an important source of income for the economy.

Meanwhile, freight carrier vehicle companies have not yet made an electric initiative.

Karsan came out with the most hardworking buses.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
I wish there was another local brand after togg. Automotive is an important source of income for the economy.

Meanwhile, freight carrier vehicle companies have not yet made an electric initiative.

Karsan came out with the most hardworking buses.
Not really
What Turkey should concentrate on rn is to try and develop smartphones, tablets, and tvs etc....
Now that TOGG is there, Turkey should try to expand into other lucrative markets

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,533
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Well this is firstly a high end vehicle and secondly an EV. I guess domestic suppliers are geared towards mass market ICE vehicles. This will change.

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Not really
What Turkey should concentrate on rn is to try and develop smartphones, tablets, and tvs etc....
Now that TOGG is there, Turkey should try to expand into other lucrative markets
Lool, your idea is good. But for now, there is no advanced electronic, digital and software infrastructure in Turkey. In other words, high technology up-to-date processors, chips, software such as Android and iOS are required for the phone etc.

In other words, our country does not have a ready-made infrastructure as in the automobile sector, unfortunately.

These are very costly and time-consuming issues in this infrastructure.

But as you said, I wish there were 2-3 best selling phone, computer brands in my country.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,042
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Percentage of local contribution of the TOGG will be initially 51%.

However, percentage of average local contribution for the automobiles produced in Turkey is 55.96% apparently. Higher than TOGG.

51% is good enough for the start, the value is in the brand. They need to build a brand, the highest profits are with the car brands and lots of suppliers (except for very specialized and big groups of suppliers) have very low margins.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,733
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is there any info on the service infrastructure of the EVs in Turkey? Will TOGG open its own service stations(like Tesla) or what?

Bmx98

Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Not a fan of those all touch screen controls, the upper big panel is enough screen surface, they should have aded physical buttons instead of the middle screen.
Browsing throught menus while driving must be a pain in the ass.
It will probably have voice control option for when driving. A lot of current and even older luxury cars have it, Togg should probably have it too.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,622
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TOGG's SUV colors have been announced
FgLGJFiXoAACA-Q

FgLGJFlXkAI3N9n

FgLGJFhWIAAhTXw
FgLGJFkXEAAFory

FgLHnTRXwAIKH52

FgLEuHvX0AE0Bz1

Last edited:

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,622
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The presentation states that 1 million vehicles to be produced by 2030 will contribute more than 50 billion dollars to the entire automotive industry and more than 7 billion dollars to reducing the current account deficit. This part may give an idea about how the Togg SUV will be priced and what the export target is.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,733
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The presentation states that 1 million vehicles to be produced by 2030 will contribute more than 50 billion dollars to the entire automotive industry and more than 7 billion dollars to reducing the current account deficit. This part may give an idea about how the Togg SUV will be priced and what the export target is.
I don't wanna water down the enthusiasm but I don't see how it can be an export success. You won't see Germans, French, Italians etc. lining up for a Turkish car unless it's cheaper than its European counterparts and Tesla. But if someone is considering of buying a non-western(I'm including SK and Japanese into this) automobile solely on price-point, then they will also look into Chinese car manufacturers. At that point you're competing with the Chinese giants. Therefore, I don't think it will have much success in Europe apart from the Turks who's living there.

I think the real value of TOGG will be the ecosystem it's trying to create in Turkey. If enough demand is created, TOGG can incubate tens, if not hundreds, of suppliers for various electric-car specific parts. And when those suppliers are matured enough, they could start supplying the Europe and the US and could capture big chunks of the pie like TEI does with GE but to a much greater extent. Having said that, there are, ofc, many more things to be gained from TOGG initiative, like localization of battery cell production, planning and setting up a mass-production line, software, university-sector collaboration, bringing up highly-qualified work force etc. to name a few.

Last edited:

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
I don't want to water down the enthusiasm but I don't see how it can be an export success. You won't see Germans, French, Italians etc. lining up for a Turkish car unless it's cheaper than its European counterparts and Tesla. But if someone is considering of buying a non-western(I'm including SK and Japanese into this) automobile solely on price-point, then they will also look into Chinese car manufacturers. At that point you're competing with the Chinese giants. Therefore, I don't think it will have much success in Europe apart from the Turks who's living there.

I think the real value of TOGG will be the ecosystem it's trying to create in Turkey. If enough demand is created, TOGG can incubate tens, if not hundreds, of suppliers for various electric-car specific parts. And when those suppliers are matured enough, they could start supplying the Europe and the US and could capture big slices of the pie like TEI does with GE but to a much greater extent. Having said that, there are, ofc, many more things to be gained from TOGG initiative(like localization of battery cell production, planning and setting up a mass-production line, software, university-sector collaboration, bringing up highly-qualified work force etc. to name a few).
Turks living in Europe will be the main customer base for the export, because only they can afford it as middle class! In Turkiye, only rich or corrupt people will be able to drive/ buy Togg, Turkish middle class won't be able to afford it for many years.. Turks in Turkiye might afford Günsel, which has been delayed mysteriously.. some rumors are surfacing that so called some guys said how could you produce a car before launching ceremony of our national car being made, or most probably financial reasons put a hold on project. Hopefully it will be a true middle class car for Turks.

Last edited:

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,552
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't want to water down the enthusiasm but I don't see how it can be an export success. You won't see Germans, French, Italians etc. lining up for a Turkish car unless it's cheaper than its European counterparts and Tesla. But if someone is considering of buying a non-western(I'm including SK and Japanese into this) automobile solely on price-point, then they will also look into Chinese car manufacturers. At that point you're competing with the Chinese giants. Therefore, I don't think it will have much success in Europe apart from the Turks who's living there.
the recent attitude towards all things Chinese severely hampers their chances in the EU market. ppl just doesnt want to be associated with a wacky-looking brand with ties to a shady regime.
IMO we are currently in the place where SK auto makers stood in the 90s and Japanese automakers stood in the 60s. relatively unknown, full of potential. if we play our cards right we'll have ourselves a Hyundai Motor Group in about 30 years!

but i have my doubts about that tbh. this "mobility ecosystem" hooplah makes us look foolish and unorganized. TOGG needs a more focused approach to sell what they do and how they do it. Havent they learned anything from the launch of Segway?!

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turks living in Europe will be the main customer base for the export, because only they can afford it as middle class! Only rich or corrupt people will be able to drive Togg, Turkish middle class won't be able to afford it for many years.. Turks in Turkiye might afford Günsel, which has been delayed mysteriously.. some rumors are surfacing that so called some guys said how could you produce a car before launching ceremony of our national car being made, or most probably financial reasons put a hold on project. Hopefully it will be a true middle class car for Turks.
Middle class in Turkey? Aren't they mythological creatures?

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom