Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,622
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
With the start of the T10X pre-order, it received around 1 billion TL in pre-order payments within a few hours. By March 27, applications are expected to reach 200,000.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
With the start of the T10X pre-order, it received around 1 billion TL in pre-order payments within a few hours. By March 27, applications are expected to reach 200,000.

Great! When are first deliveries expected?

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,622
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Great! When are first deliveries expected?
The names of the 12,000 applicants who are entitled to take delivery will be announced on Tuesday, March 28th in a lottery to be held before a notary public. So 1/10 at best for the first year. edit: I think the first delivery will be in November. Procurement by public institutions may start earlier.

Last edited:

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,042
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
TOGG also struck a Deal with Bosch Services to offer repair and maintenance services to TOGG cars.
TOGG itself will only build 7 service centres and offer some mobile service centres for now.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
The names of the 12,000 applicants who are entitled to take delivery will be announced on Tuesday, March 28th in a lottery to be held before a notary public. So 1/10 at best for the first year.

Not really answering my question...

baklava

Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Turkey
Q

40%tax to Chinese cars is good idea 100% is better.

And togg still use Chinese battery.we have to replace it by our products asap

Actually, Togg and farasis (Chinese battery manufacturer) founded a joint venture named siro which produces batteries locally in Türkiye I think it's next to the togg fabric.

Farasis also supplies companies like Daimler (Mercedes). Chances are high that siro will sell its battery cells to the European market.

We will get revenue and know-how so it's a win-win in my view.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,047
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Actually, Togg and farasis (Chinese battery manufacturer) founded a joint venture named siro which produces batteries locally in Türkiye I think it's next to the togg fabric.

Farasis also supplies companies like Daimler (Mercedes). Chances are high that siro will sell its battery cells to the European market.

We will get revenue and know-how so it's a win-win in my view.
Just like other industry.(for example Altay and MMU engine)

Win-win at first but we can't stop the pace.we have to made finally 100% local

Good thing is Farasis situation is not good at China,we should take over all their technology asap

baklava

Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just like other industry.(for example Altay and MMU engine)

Win-win at first but we can't stop the pace.we have to made finally 100% local

Good thing is Farasis situation is not good at China,we should take over all their technology asap
True! But you gotta start somewhere if you can't do if fully do it yourself.

Some interesting sidenotes from the CEO of Togg (Gürcan karakas):

75% of the suppliers are turkish
51% domestic (value distribution)
100% Rights belongs to Türkiye'nin Otomobili Girişim Grubu (TOGG)

In the upcoming years turkish share will climp up to 68%.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,047
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
True! But you gotta start somewhere if you can't do if fully do it yourself.

Some interesting sidenotes from the CEO of Togg (Gürcan karakas):

75% of the suppliers are turkish
51% domestic (value distribution)
100% Rights belongs to Türkiye'nin Otomobili Girişim Grubu (TOGG)

In the upcoming years turkish share will climp up to 68%.
Yes I just meant our trade deficit especially with Chinese is terrible.

Our defence industry successfully achieved the surplus so our civilian industry must do it too.

BTW RTE pushed togg ,rich guy likes Koç only wanted to produce foreign cars.this case I support RTE

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,042
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
BTW RTE pushed togg ,rich guy likes Koç only wanted to produce foreign cars.this case I support RTE

I think its not easy for Koc to join a consortium to manufacture a brand-new car while maintaining the relationships with their existing partners. Its not all black and white but a lot of grey most of the time.

Regardless, we have a national car and now its up to the people to buy and support it.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Regardless, we have a national car and now its up to the people to buy and support it.
Reportedly, Togg recieved more than 20,000 pre-orders till date
If Togg can provide top quality stuff from the beginning; then I expect Togg to dominate the international and national EV market

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,047
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think its not easy for Koc to join a consortium to manufacture a brand-new car while maintaining the relationships with their existing partners. Its not all black and white but a lot of grey most of the time.

Koc just an example

Turks always too conservative and pessimistic in business area compare to japanese or Korean .it made us didn’t have big international brand for very long time.

No Name

Reactions
5 310
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Koc just an example

Turks always too conservative and pessimistic in business area compare to japanese or Korean .it made us didn’t have big international brand for very long time.

this is so true I remember reading a report that turkey has fallen into a middle-technology trap because Turkish companies preferred to be part of other foreign companies' supply chains instead of building their own brands.

baklava

Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Turkey
Any overview of how they plan to scale production?
The facility, which has an annual production capacity of 175 thousand, aims to produce a total of 1 million vehicles from 5 different models in 10 years.

I don't know when they will reach full capacity. But they said that they could increase the production lines if they need to increase the production capacity (over 175thsd)

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,681
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TOGG facility maxes out at 350k cars per year. The initial plan was to reach 175k in 5 years and stay at that level I think. I think TOGG needs to reach 100k asap (in a year) and start selling cars in the EU market. If the TOGG consortium needs to spend extra cash they should. Orders keep coming interest in TOGG is really high. If I were the TOGG CEO my first priority would have been a capacity increase and bringing in more models.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom