Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,916
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I have received my first car ever, its full electric and has officially a 600 km range but in the winter, and realistically I'm getting around 450kms out of it. There's a decent grid already here but in remote areas it will still be a struggle. Nothing to do with TOGG, just wanted to share my 2 cents on EV.
How long does it take to charge?

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
i hope this steering wheel is not final design
Not so bad, important is the build quality, i hope it will be better than tesla.
What irritates me is the weird controls on the panel behing the steering wheel, there should be speedometer and navigation at most.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,004
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
How long does it take to charge?

On a supercharger approx. 15-20min to 80%, slow chargers with around 15kW need 1,5h to charge it full (i have one close to my home) and if I used household electricity (which I don't) approx. 13h.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,004
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thats a huuuge display. Will it have autonomous driving capabilities?

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Gunsel supposed to be on the roads by the end of 2021 but project delayed and no pre-orders or launching date is given. May because of Covid-19 or because of lira devaluation (many foreign components in it) or may be some Turkish officials does not want it to be launched before TOGG! Even if they offer it, TRNC is in big crisis, it won't achieve success.

252319222_1488736631499733_8785775108520489368_n.jpg

Last edited:

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
19 8,152
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Gunsel supposed to be on the roads by the end of 2021 but project delayed and no pre-orders or launching date is given. May because of Covid-19 or because of lira devaluation (many foreign components in it) or may be some Turkish officials does not want it to be launched before TOGG! Even if they offer it, TRNC is in big crisis, it won't achieve success.

View attachment 36751
It's a shame! I really liked it.

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 970
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

View attachment 36751
As Somebody who works in Automotive industry, Gunsel had no chance to succeed in the first place. Even Togg's chance is no more than 10% unless Turkish government supports them for decades. Breakeven point in this industry is about 4 million cars. You cant make profit before that.

French government has been pouring billion for Reno for decades,
GM has been bailed by US quite a few times
Volkswagen has both German and Qatari government as share holder.
Just to name a few...

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,055
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
As Somebody who works in Automotive industry, Gunsel had no chance to succeed in the first place. Even Togg's chance is no more than 10% unless Turkish government supports them for decades. Breakeven point in this industry is about 4 million cars. You cant make profit before that.

French government has been pouring billion for Reno for decades,
GM has been bailed by US quite a few times
Volkswagen has both German and Qatari government as share holder.
Just to name a few...

I understand that the break-even point is high in the automotive industry but it also highly depends on the company in question. Tesla is running profits (excluding credits) at around 0.6M vehicles a year.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I understand that the break-even point is high in the automotive industry but it also highly depends on the company in question. Tesla is running profits (excluding credits) at around 0.6M vehicles a year.
Tesla only recently started making profits and its the most known electric car brand mind you.

1638907681948.png

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 970
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Only Reason Tesla is making profit is they are selling their carbon credit, without these sales They are loosing money or barely making any money.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,055
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Only Reason Tesla is making profit is they are selling their carbon credit, without these sales They are loosing money or barely making any money.
That is simply not true. Tesla is making a profit without the credits.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,055
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
And as you can see half a million units is barely enough.

Tbh I don't get your point. I already states that around 0.6M units was the break-even point for Tesla. I don't think a Turkish startup would be able to achieve the same efficiency as Tesla, but it could become profitable for quantities way less than 4M

Top Bottom