B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,023
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
this is so true I remember reading a report that turkey has fallen into a middle-technology trap because Turkish companies preferred to be part of other foreign companies' supply chains instead of building their own brands.
Actually we can make MMU hurjet and anka and tb2 etc.

That's no reason than we can't create a Toyota or Lexus

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
TOGG also struck a Deal with Bosch Services to offer repair and maintenance services to TOGG cars.
TOGG itself will only build 7 service centres and offer some mobile service centres for now.

Only 7 centers in whole Turkey?

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
27 4,531
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not sure if posted, TOGG T10X EURO NCAP test 5 Star.
the CEO himself has said "Euro NCAP, bir otomobil satışa sunulduktan sonra yapılır. Yani Euro NCAP ekipleri, Togg’dan bağımsız piyasadan araçları alıp testini yapacak." a fey days ago.

Translation:
Euro NCAP is done after a car is put up for sale. In other words, Euro NCAP teams will take the vehicles from the market, independent of Togg and test them.

It means that car hasn't been tested by Euro NCAP, yet.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
the CEO himself has said "Euro NCAP, bir otomobil satışa sunulduktan sonra yapılır. Yani Euro NCAP ekipleri, Togg’dan bağımsız piyasadan araçları alıp testini yapacak." a fey days ago.

Translation:
Euro NCAP is done after a car is put up for sale. In other words, Euro NCAP teams will take the vehicles from the market, independent of Togg and test them.

It means that TOGG hasn't been tested by Euro NCAP, yet.

We know that chinese cars come up with very bad crash test results. How does our car perform?

No Name

Reactions
5 310
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Actually we can make MMU hurjet and anka and tb2 etc.

That's no reason than we can't create a Toyota or Lexus
I'm not saying that Turkish companies can't build stuff; I'm saying that they choose not to build to final components, instead choosing to become a part of a foreign company's supply chain.

Part of the problem is the attitude of the Turkish public. If two shirts are made in Turkey by the same factory, use the same material, and look the same, the only difference being that one has a foreign brand name attached to it and costs more than the other one that has a Turkish brand name attached. The Turkish public will choose the foreign brand over the Turkish brand even if the Turkish one costs less.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm not saying that Turkish companies can't build stuff; I'm saying that they choose not to build to final components, instead choosing to become a part of a foreign company's supply chain.

Part of the problem is the attitude of the Turkish public. If two shirts are made in Turkey by the same factory, use the same material, and look the same, the only difference being that one has a foreign brand name attached to it and costs more than the other one that has a Turkish brand name attached. The Turkish public will choose the foreign brand over the Turkish brand even if the Turkish one costs less.
Its not impossible to overcome this stigma, Japanese products were called cheap in the 60s and 70s but managed to be synonymous with quality over time, same with Korean products, some chinese brands are currently in transitioning phase.
What you need is innovation, the aproach of copying other brands will not help you getting rid of the stigma because in the end it will stay a cheap copy of another brand.
Reverse is also possible by not being innovative anymore like Phillips, once a high tech company now reduced to shavers and tooth brushes.

So its easy to blame customer but you gotta earn their money by being innovative, repeating what others do wont get you a brand recognition, free market is brutally honest.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,023
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Its not impossible to overcome this stigma, Japanese products were called cheap in the 60s and 70s but managed to be synonymous with quality over time, same with Korean products, some chinese brands are currently in transitioning phase.
What you need is innovation, the aproach of copying other brands will not help you getting rid of the stigma because in the end it will stay a cheap copy of another brand.
Reverse is also possible by not being innovative anymore like Phillips, once a high tech company now reduced to shavers and tooth brushes.

So its easy to blame customer but you gotta earn their money by being innovative, repeating what others do wont get you a brand recognition, free market is brutally honest.
I can accept that Japan Korea China or other countries had much more global brand then us.

What I can't accept is that we have 0 global civil industrial global brand.

Even Beko or Vestel are just regional brand and Beko still cos a British company by now.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think there was a target of 2027-28 for full capacity production. The annual production of 100K was targeted to be reached in 2026. The demand boom in the C-segment may encourage them to change some of their investment strategies and go through some phases faster. In the current situation, the vehicle will be on the black market for the first few years. The pre-order queue in one week is greater than the total number of electric vehicles in the country. As a result of this demand, the yellow site will show absurd things in the summer.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I can accept that Japan Korea China or other countries had much more global brand then us.

What I can't accept is that we have 0 global civil industrial global brand.

Even Beko or Vestel are just regional brand and Beko still cos a British company by now.
Beko is pretty much the only Turkish brand that has some sort of success in western market but even there its far behind those of Miele, Electrolux etc. in brand recognition.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
10 4,934
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
KIA for example went bankrupt in the late 90s, pretty much produced really ugly cars in the early 2000s, over the years they gained popularity mostly because their great warranty also the affordability, they were not good looking nor known to be reliable like Toyota, BUT they kept investing, they improved their designs, reliability, marketing... and now they are one best selling car brands in Europe.

TOGG looks great in my opinion and i'm sure that most people will also like the design but a serious STATEMENT would be if they had annouced "500km range" in their base models. You have to shine out somewhere.

Last edited:

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
vigilant chinese! Just when the first productions of Togg were going to be on the market, the Chinese started to bring the new good-looking, highly electronically equipped vehicles of their famous brand, Chery, to the Türk market.

I ran into two of my friends yesterday. They said "We come from the Chery dealer. We looked at new model cars. The vehicles are beautiful, the prices are very affordable, we liked the quality of the materials very much. Many people who saw the vehicles and their features were making a pre-payment and demand for delivery in April."

Last edited:

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,494
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
vigilant chinese! Just when the first productions of Togg were going to be on the market, the Chinese started to bring the new good-looking, highly electronically equipped vehicles of their famous brand, Chery, to the Türk market.
I heard there's a tax hike coming just for them :)

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,023
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Beko is pretty much the only Turkish brand that has some sort of success in western market but even there its far behind those of Miele, Electrolux etc. in brand recognition.
And Beko always promote themself as an ”European ”brand or "British" brand.

Pure European blood, guided by quality, creating high-quality European-style living
Beko, the global home appliance giant, originated in the UK and has been selling well in the UK for 30 years. Affiliated to the world's top 500 companies, it is a well-known white goods brand in Europe. Beko's core product line covers kitchen appliances, major appliances, and small appliances.

Seems ”Turkish brand" is a shame for them

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey

Pure European blood, guided by quality, creating high-quality European-style living
Beko, the global home appliance giant, originated in the UK and has been selling well in the UK for 30 years. Affiliated to the world's top 500 companies, it is a well-known white goods brand in Europe. Beko's core product line covers kitchen appliances, major appliances, and small appliances.

Thats called marketing, Turkish brands arent even known for being quality at home so why do you expect foreigners to think otherwise?
As said, we need innovation, something that sets Turkish brands apart, otherwise good luck in building a brand name.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

When you buy something in Europe and it says made in Europe / EU - instead of a specific country. You can bet your money that its made in Bulgaria, Romania & Co.

But dont blame the companies, blame the people that have prejudices towards those countries.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom