Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,817
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
1622541553432.png

Orion-I is a fully integrated suite of portable, vehicle-mounted and fixed solutions comprising active radar, passive RF detection, electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) cameras, jammer, C2 system, as well as optional hard-kill and “drone-on-drone” capabilities (Picture source: TRD)

TRD, also known as Tiny Red Dot, a provider of handheld and integrated C-UAS solutions for law enforcement and commercial security applications, is set to expand its presence in North America, Latin America, and the Middle East markets following its unparalleled success in Southeast Asia.

TRD’s vision is to be a world-class partner for advanced C4I and security systems. The Singaporean company is a pioneer in the C-UAS domain, having commenced development as early as 2015. The company introduced the Orion-H family of handheld systems in 2016, well before the world recognized malicious UAS activity as a serious threat. Sam Ong, Managing Director of TRD, said: “There are no silver bullets against such threats. We need to be continuously updated on current and emerging UAS technology and be agile in implementing new countermeasures to remain relevant in this forever-evolving domain. Under our R&D road map, we are continuously developing next-generation technologies!”

TRD is the first company to develop a handheld 6-band C-UAS device known as Orion-H+ and implemented a full-spectrum integrated detect-and-defeat C-UAS suite known as Orion-I to address a wider spectrum of UAS threats and operational scenarios, including autonomous 24/7 area protection. TRD has anticipated emerging threats such as weaponized UAS and swarming attacks since 2018, which led to the conceptualization of the Orion-I system. Orion-I is a fully integrated suite of portable, vehicle-mounted and fixed solutions comprising active radar, passive RF detection, electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) cameras, jammer, C2 system, as well as optional hard-kill and “drone-on-drone” capabilities.

TRD doubled its sales growth from $5M in 2018 to $20M in 2020, a remarkable result considering the disruption to global trade and supply chains caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. The company is confident that it can achieve more than $150M in annual sales by 2025, which translates into a CAGR of 65%, outpacing the 35% CAGR projection for the wider C-UAS market. The global C-UAS market was valued at $0.6B in 2020 and is projected to exceed $2.4B by 2025.

TRD recently edged out other established competitors to secure a $10M Southeast Asian government tender for12 full suite C-UAS vehicles equipped with long-range 3D active radar, passive RF detection and with video analytic capabilities that enable automatic all-aspect day/night threat detection, identification, and tracking, augmented by long-range multiband jammers and hard-kill systems for UAS defeat. Integration on a commercial-grade chassis boosts operational flexibility and enables these systems to be rapidly and discreetly deployed in diverse environments including cities. TRD has delivered 48 CUAS projects, on time and on-target, in the last three years.

TRD will be participating in the recently announced United States Military Joint Counter-Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Office (JCO) Technology Focus Areas Contract opportunity. The company will also be participating in the USMC-Modern Day Marine and US-AUSA exhibitions in September-October.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom