Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think the provocations from greek side turned the tides for Tatar reminding many Cypriot Turks what they might be dealing with.
Anyways, congrats and good luck to all our Brothers in Cyprus. ☺️

Last edited:

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I understand our Cyprus brother. They are less religious, less fanatic and less racist. More liberal, like our beloved Izmirli Turks. Nevertheless, you are Turks, and belong to our people and homeland.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
So can anyone summarize why the new TC President is such a big change?

D

dBSPL

Akıncı’nın peşine kattığı veya peşlerine takıldığı her seçimde aday çıkarıp da 300 dolayında oy alan bir “aşırı” solcu grup, ömrü hayatlarında ilk ve son defa olarak, onun sırtından elde ettikleri makamların hırsıyla, kampanya esnasında da şimdi de herkese sövüyorlar! Sorumlu devlet adamı niteliği olsa, o üç yüz kişinin toplumu bölmesine engel oludu, daha olmadı… Sosyal medyada onları kullanıp, linç kampanyaları düzenledi… O rüzgâr ekti ama fırtınayı bu halk biçmeyecek…

Aklı olan, ne dediğimi anlar… Anlamayanla da benim işim yok…

Biz bir birimizi kıralım da başkaları da bu işe müdahil olmaya fırsat bulsun ve bizi üniter bir devletin azınlığı yapsınlar hesabı yapanlar varsa, ( hangi dilde konuştuklarının hiç önemi yok!) yanıldıklarını çok acı bir biçimde anlayacaklar…

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

This was a part of Tatar's and AKP's propaganda, they promised that if Tatar wins a new era will start, recognition, Maraş, more aid, infrastructure etc. After last Lira crisis and covid19, TRNC literally bankrupt and last 3-4 years the aid was cut off by Turkey. These also favoured Tatar.

Azerbaijan needs to restore Karabakh completely before recognizing TRNC. Nahcivan is just an autonomous state. Many unrecognized de facto states also recognized TRNC before. It would make difference when Azerbaijan recognize us and direct Flights & Trade would be allowed.

If there is no Karabakh issue and bad relations with Greece/GKRY continues, I expect Azerbaijan to recognize TRNC but also relations with Israel is important for Azerbaijan.

When TRNC founded.. Same day Turkey, Pakistan, Libya and I am not sure but Azerbaijan recognized TRNC but have to recall after UN resolutions because we were a Federative State before, agreements in 1960 and constitution forbids self determination/separation. Denktaş and Evren's Junta was knowing that but did it anyway.. then we got embargoes. Then they changed stamp of Turkish Federated State of Cyprus to TRNC stamp then all countries stopped trade with us and economy collapsed. Britain did not recognized TRNC but was accepting TRNC ID cards up to 90s. Many political mistakes have been done, I hope we won't repeat and solve the problems.

TRNC has that potential to become at least like semi-Singapore/Hongkong / Taiwan style country.. 100% literacy, fertile land, beautiful beaches.. We have a big brain drain If we had opportunities and investment many Turkish Cypriot scientist would return the country. Even you could find them in CERN.

Even Turkish Cypriot EVKAF (vakıflar idaresi) is managed by a Medical Prof. who worked as scientist in USA before. So much potential wasted by poor political decisions. If we stayed as Federated republic until Annan plan and declared independence after that I don't think they could embargoed us like that.

http://www.evkaf.org/site/sayfa.aspx?pkey=5

Last edited:

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Israel goal is to break apart Iran, by heping Azerbaijan to unite with South Azerbaijan. I say, a wonderful idea.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would love to see some recognition of TC, BUT only if thats what our Turkish Cypriots want.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Israel goal is to break apart Iran, by heping Azerbaijan to unite with South Azerbaijan. I say, a wonderful idea.
Best and most logical goal in the area, nobody but Azerbaijanis deserve a united country.
I would love to see some recognition of TC, BUT only if thats what our Turkish Cypriots want.
If possible.. 100% of Turkish Cypriots wants this.. Federation thing is only an forced option. But most Turkish Cypriots are realistic. For example even Galatasaray cannot do a match with any TRNC football team because of UEFA. For example, selling products even to Turkey is too hard for TRNC.. Even only Adana for TRNC products is enough, like potatoes, halloumi... every year lots of potatoes got spoiled because it is hard to sell.. Could you believe that 5 star hotels here imports everything from Turkey and don't buy local products.. I know this is also related with product quality requirements and price*.. Turkish products enter the market with low custom tax so it is hard for local producers. But TRNC has the potential to become better, most of the embargoes and dependency news are exaggerated. I would love to see more recognition news, but they shouldn't be only for propaganda.

Last edited:
S

Sinan

Yoyo has been issued thread ban for flaming/insulting/instigating.

Please, adhere to forum rules and don't hesitate use report button.

KKF 2.0

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I just can’t find words to describe this... how can those people not feel ashamed of themselves writing such things.

Forget about Turkey and non- Cypriot Turks... But how can they not feel ashamed in front of their parents, grandparents, friends and neighbors- in front of all the killed Cypriot Turks before 1974? Puh...
773x435_story-fa028531-ea04-5598-875b-0d0e66c47764_116973.jpg

The tabloid Afrika/Avrupa is the worst. Ofc, we, too, have sh*tty left-wing newspapers in Turkey but this one from Northern Cyprus is particularly disgusting.

@topic

Bear in mind, that those who voted for Akinci are not necessarily in favour of becoming Southern Cyprus' appendage. Some voters simply expressed their opposition against Erdogan's person and political intervention by voting for Akinci. His appeasing stance towards the Greeks is still the opinion of a minority on the island. However, I'm not that fond about this "wanna-be-liberal-I'm-whiter-than-you" attitude that is quite common on the island. In Greece, Greek Cypriots are also known to be very arrogant which is ironical.

D

dBSPL

Ek_7FtfXgAEc-Ri

95804.jpg

EU's/South side Fifth Column activities continue at full speed.

So much so that, whether openly militancy or cunning politics, its members (and sheeps following these) are active everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

In Turkish, but they're talking about that TRNC can become the Netherlands of Mediterranean sea. That would be awesome.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom