TRNC news & update

Glass

Committed member
Reaction score
That's meaningless without the rest the world recognizing it. TRNC is de facto a part of Turkey anyway, as it is completely dependent to the homeland from food and water to electricity and security. Solution is to declare to the world that they're now part of Turkey de jure.

We've wasted enough time playing Europe's games. Let's finish this and continue to dominate the East Med.

If their new policy is independence then they will make themself visible in the world. Whatever they decide tho, federalism project with the greeks and whatnot - or any association with greeks has to stop, these policies are going nowhere.

Underdog6

Reaction score
@Yoyo, Do realise the the majority of people are outside this "right-wing" thought process of yours?

Either its simply just a lack of knowledge or you really believe the nonsense produced by the self-centred ultra right wing bubble on twitter and other platforms.

How is having the "We saved them, they should be greatful" attitude helpful?

Yes, Tatar has won, and yes - his party is right-wing, but his political agenda focuses on a two-state solution (Unlike the essential annexation of TRNC by Turkey - which I assume is what you want.)

Yoyo

Reaction score
@Yoyo, Do realise the the majority of people are outside this "right-wing" thought process of yours?

Either its simply just a lack of knowledge or you really believe the nonsense produced by the self-centred ultra right wing bubble on twitter and other platforms.

How is having the "We saved them, they should be greatful" attitude helpful?

Yes, Tatar has won, and yes - his party is right-wing, but his political agenda focuses on a two-state solution (Unlike the essential annexation of TRNC by Turkey - which I assume is what you want.)
There's no US AND THEM.
There's only US.
Turks on Cyprus are the same as Turks in Antalya, Turks in Ankara, Turks in Artvin and Turks anywhere else in the world.
We've given this "different country" nonsense enough time to take root. It didn't. The world refused to recognize it.
Now it's time to move on.
Time to call a spade a spade.
Northern Cyptus is de facto a Turkish province and it's time to call it a Turkish province on paper as well.

Saithan

Contributor
Staff member
Reaction score
We got a desired result. What's important now is to double down and use all our resources on strengthening KKTC.

We cannot be wasting anymore time on useless meetings and discussions that divides KKTC. Keyword is Independence and sovereign state!

To reach that point we need to invest and develop KKTC very fast within 3-4 years. Back in 1974 we made sure to get regions and areas that held production value. Maras is also very important, coastel cities are way bigger population wise compared to landlocked capitals, so turning Maras into KKTC new capital could be done.

If Maras becomes new Capital of KKTC and population surpases Greeks trust me, they will not want to be united anymore.

Azerbaycan retaking Karabag is a key to these developments.

An economic free trading zone in Turkey connected to KKTC may alleviate some of these problems.

I don't know if a Turkish operated harbor will be able to circumvent trade embargo placed on KKTC, but we should research way of opening up for KKTC.

EDIT:

Last edited:

xenon5434

Committed member
Reaction score
I think the provocations from greek side turned the tides for Tatar reminding many Cypriot Turks what they might be dealing with.
Anyways, congrats and good luck to all our Brothers in Cyprus. ☺️

Last edited:

Huelague

Committed member
Reaction score
I understand our Cyprus brother. They are less religious, less fanatic and less racist. More liberal, like our beloved Izmirli Turks. Nevertheless, you are Turks, and belong to our people and homeland.

what

Reaction score
So can anyone summarize why the new TC President is such a big change?

dBSPL

Think Tank Analyst
Reaction score
Akıncı’nın peşine kattığı veya peşlerine takıldığı her seçimde aday çıkarıp da 300 dolayında oy alan bir “aşırı” solcu grup, ömrü hayatlarında ilk ve son defa olarak, onun sırtından elde ettikleri makamların hırsıyla, kampanya esnasında da şimdi de herkese sövüyorlar! Sorumlu devlet adamı niteliği olsa, o üç yüz kişinin toplumu bölmesine engel oludu, daha olmadı… Sosyal medyada onları kullanıp, linç kampanyaları düzenledi… O rüzgâr ekti ama fırtınayı bu halk biçmeyecek…

Aklı olan, ne dediğimi anlar… Anlamayanla da benim işim yok…

Biz bir birimizi kıralım da başkaları da bu işe müdahil olmaya fırsat bulsun ve bizi üniter bir devletin azınlığı yapsınlar hesabı yapanlar varsa, ( hangi dilde konuştuklarının hiç önemi yok!) yanıldıklarını çok acı bir biçimde anlayacaklar…

Cypro

Reaction score

This was a part of Tatar's and AKP's propaganda, they promised that if Tatar wins a new era will start, recognition, Maraş, more aid, infrastructure etc. After last Lira crisis and covid19, TRNC literally bankrupt and last 3-4 years the aid was cut off by Turkey. These also favoured Tatar.

Azerbaijan needs to restore Karabakh completely before recognizing TRNC. Nahcivan is just an autonomous state. Many unrecognized de facto states also recognized TRNC before. It would make difference when Azerbaijan recognize us and direct Flights & Trade would be allowed.

If there is no Karabakh issue and bad relations with Greece/GKRY continues, I expect Azerbaijan to recognize TRNC but also relations with Israel is important for Azerbaijan.

When TRNC founded.. Same day Turkey, Pakistan, Libya and I am not sure but Azerbaijan recognized TRNC but have to recall after UN resolutions because we were a Federative State before, agreements in 1960 and constitution forbids self determination/separation. Denktaş and Evren's Junta was knowing that but did it anyway.. then we got embargoes. Then they changed stamp of Turkish Federated State of Cyprus to TRNC stamp then all countries stopped trade with us and economy collapsed. Britain did not recognized TRNC but was accepting TRNC ID cards up to 90s. Many political mistakes have been done, I hope we won't repeat and solve the problems.

TRNC has that potential to become at least like semi-Singapore/Hongkong / Taiwan style country.. 100% literacy, fertile land, beautiful beaches.. We have a big brain drain If we had opportunities and investment many Turkish Cypriot scientist would return the country. Even you could find them in CERN.

Even Turkish Cypriot EVKAF (vakıflar idaresi) is managed by a Medical Prof. who worked as scientist in USA before. So much potential wasted by poor political decisions. If we stayed as Federated republic until Annan plan and declared independence after that I don't think they could embargoed us like that.

http://www.evkaf.org/site/sayfa.aspx?pkey=5

Last edited:

what

Reaction score
I would love to see some recognition of TC, BUT only if thats what our Turkish Cypriots want.

Cypro

Reaction score
Israel goal is to break apart Iran, by heping Azerbaijan to unite with South Azerbaijan. I say, a wonderful idea.
Best and most logical goal in the area, nobody but Azerbaijanis deserve a united country.
I would love to see some recognition of TC, BUT only if thats what our Turkish Cypriots want.
If possible.. 100% of Turkish Cypriots wants this.. Federation thing is only an forced option. But most Turkish Cypriots are realistic. For example even Galatasaray cannot do a match with any TRNC football team because of UEFA. For example, selling products even to Turkey is too hard for TRNC.. Even only Adana for TRNC products is enough, like potatoes, halloumi... every year lots of potatoes got spoiled because it is hard to sell.. Could you believe that 5 star hotels here imports everything from Turkey and don't but local products.. I know this is also related with product quality requirements and price*.. Turkish products enter the market with low custom tax so it is hard for local producers. But TRNC has the potential to become better, most of the embargoes and dependency news are exaggerated. I would love to see more recognition news, but they shouldn't be only for propaganda.

Top Bottom