Turkey to build its future with Europe

N

Null/Void

Turkey to build its future with Europe, Erdoğan says
73821.jpg

BY DAILY SABAH
NOV 21, 2020 2:34 PM
President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said Saturday that Turkey sees itself in Europe and seeks to build its future in the continent.
"We see ourselves in Europe, not anywhere else, we look to build our future with Europe," Erdoğan said in his online speech during the Justice and Development Party’s (AK Party) congresses in several provinces.
“We will find a proper place in the post-pandemic world by improving our judicial infrastructure, strengthening the foundations of our economy, increasing production and employment,” he added.
Last week, Erdoğan said that Turkey was entering into a new period for both the economy and the judiciary and that Parliament will prioritize the new judiciary reform packages next year. He pledged a new economic growth strategy that will enable an improved investment climate for foreign investors backed by an efficient judicial system, saying that the strategy would be based on stability, lower inflation and international investment.
During Saturday's online speech, the president also noted that Turkey wants to enhance its cooperation with its allies, saying that Ankara has no problems with any country which cannot be solved through dialogue and diplomacy.
“We want to use our close alliance relations with U.S. actively to solve all regional and global issues,” he added.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
The older I get I become more convinced political Islam is the biggest evil in Pakistan and impediment to progress

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I love using Erdogan as giant beating stick to whip the Pakistani ummah lovin boys and Islamist utopian nutters but looks like my sarcasm was not appreciated.

Fucking up the economy for the ummah has such consequences

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
The older I get I become more convinced political Islam is the biggest evil in Pakistan and impediment to progress
Your biggest enemies are on the inside, you focus on wrong priorities in my humble opinion.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Being a muslim is not a hindrance to being a politician as long as you segregate your faith from politics.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Just to clarify I have no issues with Islam being practiced at a personal level. I have met and know some beautiful souls who draw comfort in their faith but political Islam is altogether another thing. It is when a personal faith is used to enforce on others. That is plain wrong.

Reviewbrah

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Good luck bringing people together in a country like Pakistan without using religion. Good luck forming a tax base without building trust

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Many moons ago I was privilaged to attend a lecture by Yusuf Islam or Cat Stevens. His faith shone and his presence was magnetic. Clearly his exposition of Islam was deeply personal. I say this because I have some very religious people in my family and don't want to offend anybody. My gripe is political Islam and the use of primtive interpretation to hold progress back.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
Next week he'll brand EU countries as fascists again.With Erdogan, it depends on which side of the pillow he wakes up in the morning.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Next week he'll brand EU countries as fascists again.With Erdogan, it depends on which side of the pillow he wakes up in the morning.
I think he is a supreme political player who bends, flexes, cavorts and morphs according to the politicial winds. His survivial at the top for nearly two decades is proof of that.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom