Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,695
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

To be honest I think Turkey's show of the drone doctrine is something every country will be able to utilize. I think what's even more important is how you can stop these drones and UAV from succeeding.

Cost of drones vs. cost of countermeasures I think we can all guess which one is going to be cheaper to produce.

I think the countermeasures necessary here are the passive network that can be setup. But this is of course under external forces targeting you, e.g. from Syria towards Turkey and so on.

We'd need somekind of internal security system in place as well in case of terrorist acts.

I Personally think the Israeli solution is very adamant in succeeding.

Not to forget the camera surveillance system needed.

But these are merely part of layered AD and security systems.

I believe active UAV patroling the skies are what we really want, and to that end we need A2A missiles. Cost efficiency is going to be keyword here, again.

A2A missiles with various range could perhaps keep the cost at a tolerable level 10-20-30 km range, but if the cost benefit of these missiles are close to that of a 100 km missile then we'd be better of investing in 100 km missiles and benefit from the scales.

Some already work on it:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom