Veteran Member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 35012
My favorite Illustration from Battle of Myriokephalon

Byzantines tried to push the Turks out of Anatolia with Crusader help.

They failed hard. Funny how people overlook this aspect of how the Crusades happened. It happened because the Byzantines begged for help against the Seljuk Turk onslaught. Seljuk Turks already reached their capital so the Eastern Roman Empire appealed for help from the Pope. So the Pope called for a crusade. Just when the crusades were called The Seljuk Empire split into many different sultanates or atabegs.

The Fatimids even teamed up with crusaders to hit the Turks.

Ryder

Veteran Member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Same old mistake which the Ottomans repeated themselves in the 1800s as they held onto to a type of warfare that was backwards compared to the new warfare brought on by the Industrial Revolution.

Manomed

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We have remained by the power of God, and by his power we have succeeded and are.
There is no doubt that we are God's soldiers on earth; He sends us against those whom he wants to inflict his wrath on. Let the events be a lesson for you and let our word be your advice. We destroyed many people, we left many children without ancestors, we changed the surface of the earth and turned it upside down; you have to flee, we have to catch those who escape, there is no escape from our sword for you; Wherever you are, our arrows catch up with you, our horses run more than any horse, and our arrows pierce all the trenches, our sword lands like lightning where it lands, our minds are as strong as mountains, our numbers are as many as sand; Those who ask for mercy from us will attain salvation, and those who attempt war with us will eventually regret it.
You call us unbelievers, we call you fasiq. We have been afflicted on you by God, who regulates and ordains all works. The west and east of the earth are in our hands, you cannot escape anywhere.”

Hulagu han

tumblr_nqo9r9NOMw1r5ope1o1_1280.gif
Based moment @Tonyukuk @Nein2.0(Nomad)

Last edited:

Manomed

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TLDR Tugrul Beg takes caliphs daughter and flexes on the arabs
"First we took your property, your land, your reign
then your caliphs daughter"

Tuğrul bey was coming to the caliph with his army. The caliph was in a great panic. After all, the Turks were not Arabs, and they were also considered Mewali.
Seljuk Sultan Tugrul Bey entered Iraq with a large army on the pretext of going on a pilgrimage to Mecca and asked the caliph Kaim for a symbolic permission to visit the city of Baghdad. The caliph obliged. You can guess what would have happened if he didn't... Caliph Kaim recognized Tugrul Bey as Sultan and sermons were read in mosques in Iraq on his behalf. Tugrul Beg asked the Caliph for his daughter. However, the caliph was very bored with this situation.
Caliph to his comrades,

“We got rid of the Shiites, but now will I give my daughter to a barbarian, a nomad, a Turk? " said.

Tuğrul Bey was aware of what was going on thanks to the espionage network he had set up. Tuğrul bey said the following in the face of the news brought to him;

"Those Abbasids are also a ridiculous tribe! Their ancestors once conquered the best half of the earth, founded the richest cities, and look at them today! I take their empire from their hands, they consent. I take their capital, they are happy, they shower me with gifts and the emir'ul mu'minin says to me:'
“I give you all the countries that Allah has given me, I leave all the believers whose fate has entrusted to me in your hands.”
He begs me to take his palace, his person, his harem under my wing. But when I ask for his daughter, he rebels and tries to defend his honor. The only piece of land she's still ready to fight for is a virgin's crotch?

Finally, of course, Tuğrul beg takes the caliph's daughter and says to the caliph, "I will take care of state affairs, you take care of who will enter heaven and hell."
Bir 1 kişi ve yazı görseli olabilir

Ryder

Veteran Member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
TLDR Tugrul Beg takes caliphs daughter and flexes on the arabs
"First we took your property, your land, your reign
then your caliphs daughter"

Tuğrul bey was coming to the caliph with his army. The caliph was in a great panic. After all, the Turks were not Arabs, and they were also considered Mewali.
Seljuk Sultan Tugrul Bey entered Iraq with a large army on the pretext of going on a pilgrimage to Mecca and asked the caliph Kaim for a symbolic permission to visit the city of Baghdad. The caliph obliged. You can guess what would have happened if he didn't... Caliph Kaim recognized Tugrul Bey as Sultan and sermons were read in mosques in Iraq on his behalf. Tugrul Beg asked the Caliph for his daughter. However, the caliph was very bored with this situation.
Caliph to his comrades,

“We got rid of the Shiites, but now will I give my daughter to a barbarian, a nomad, a Turk? " said.

Tuğrul Bey was aware of what was going on thanks to the espionage network he had set up. Tuğrul bey said the following in the face of the news brought to him;

"Those Abbasids are also a ridiculous tribe! Their ancestors once conquered the best half of the earth, founded the richest cities, and look at them today! I take their empire from their hands, they consent. I take their capital, they are happy, they shower me with gifts and the emir'ul mu'minin says to me:'
“I give you all the countries that Allah has given me, I leave all the believers whose fate has entrusted to me in your hands.”
He begs me to take his palace, his person, his harem under my wing. But when I ask for his daughter, he rebels and tries to defend his honor. The only piece of land she's still ready to fight for is a virgin's crotch?

Finally, of course, Tuğrul beg takes the caliph's daughter and says to the caliph, "I will take care of state affairs, you take care of who will enter heaven and hell."
Bir 1 kişi ve yazı görseli olabilir

Gazneli Mahmut started this independance.

Gazneli Mahmut called himself Sultan but he pledged allegiance to the Abbassid Caliph while ruling independant.

Abbassid Caliphate over time got relegated to a religious office rather than a state in the Islamic World.

But man Tugurl and Cagri bey brothers were such badasses and chads!!!

Seriously from the brothers to Malik Shah was basically a golden period for the Turks.

Underrated too.

Top Bottom