Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Seems US is making a move to establish bases in Turkic countries for up to 240 mio. USD.

I am not sure that it's going to work since US is too far away to truly be of help to the Turkic countries.

Plus any siding with the US would automatically make Turkic countries targets of Russia and China.

Turkey is the best bet in this regard, so we may see some thawing of relations, perhaps even get the 200 jet someone said we'd be needing as stopgap.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
79 16,377
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

Seems US is making a move to establish bases in Turkic countries for up to 240 mio. USD.

I am not sure that it's going to work since US is too far away to truly be of help to the Turkic countries.

Plus any siding with the US would automatically make Turkic countries targets of Russia and China.

Turkey is the best bet in this regard, so we may see some thawing of relations, perhaps even get the 200 jet someone said we'd be needing as stopgap.
The only chance of the US to apply pressure in the Turkic world is trough Turkey. While the US is developing very strong relationship with Uzbekistan I doubt any Central Asian country will allow US to create a base there.

A US military base in the region can start irreversible processes within the Turkic world that can end badly and Central Asia to become the next Middle East.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom