TR Air Defence Programs

A

adenl

The canister of the Hisar-RF is a bit longer than that of the Hisar-O. If the Hisar-O missile is ~4.6m long, then the RF variant can be a bit longer too and it does seem so at first sight. Hisar-O canister is 4650mm long. and the RF canister is at least 4800mm, but more likely 4900mm long.

After some calculations with paint I arrive at ~4972mm length for the RF canister. With an error of .5% (because of working with a grainy pic and using MS paint (3D), it could be anywhere between 4950mm and 5000mm. Assuming Ibrahim Sunnetci's estimate of the length of the missile=(length of canister-15cm), then the Hisar-RF missile could be 4.7 to 4.8m long. @Defence Turkey

Hisar.O.RF.lenght.difference.png

Hisar.RF.canister lenght.png

Assuming narrowest width of RF canister is 550mm, same as on the Hisar-A/O.

1611571820026.png

Last edited by a moderator:
A

adenl

The missile is steeper than before and the fins are lower, there is a reason why it uses RF, but it will be longer, you did not need to exert yourself that much.
Yes I know. Read my post again carefully and you'll notice I tried to calculate the missile length by not using the missile itself, but its canister in relation to the canister of the O variant. Please be more considerate in the future.
And thank you for your concern that I exert myself. I promise you that I haven't exerted myself in this amateur calculation, rather I find it quite enjoyable(!), as military related stuff, especially military technology, of which Turkey is currently undergoing a boom in, is my favorite interest!

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We will never know the true range as it utilises dual pulse rocket motor, which means it can ignite twice. Once to take off and reach desired altitude where it can glide towards threat, second time to chase and catch the threat. 45+km is what we are given by officials but expect it to be over 60km.
View attachment 13323

d-gif.13323

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
17 19,906
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
really you're deleting my posts?

As stated in the rules, we do not allow insults. You can criticize someone, but not insult.

Insulting & Name Calling
Defence Hub wishes to be a platform of productive exchange of ideas. In this context insulting & name calling other posters, countries, country leaders, ethnic / national / religious identities are strictly forbidden.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the statement made by Prof. Faruk YİĞİT, “In addition to our HİSAR and SİPER air defense systems; We will speed up our design and technology development studies for the development of missile defense systems that will eliminate ballistic missiles at the upper layer. In addition, our work on game-changing technologies will continue; Our work on miniature weapons, hypersonic systems, neuroscience and directed particle weapons will bear new fruits in the coming period. " statements were included

akrepon

Reactions
Nation of residence
Belgium
In the statement made by Prof. Faruk YİĞİT, “In addition to our HİSAR and SİPER air defense systems; We will speed up our design and technology development studies for the development of missile defense systems that will eliminate ballistic missiles at the upper layer. In addition, our work on game-changing technologies will continue; Our work on miniature weapons, hypersonic systems, neuroscience and directed particle weapons will bear new fruits in the coming period. " statements were included
Directed particle weapons sounds really interesting. Is this same thing what Nikola Tesla designed. He called it death ray though?

Top Bottom