TR Air Defence Programs

KKF 2.0

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's a really old map which I modified to include Aselsan's capabilities sometime ago... Aselsan is currently maturing T2 SLS production capabilities.

Thanks for the explanation and your continuous effort. I value your input.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,681
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Last edited:

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
Umm, and which year are we in? The first serial production CATSs with Aselsan FPAs have already been delivered.

No evidence of this ... Lets wait for aselsan 2021 report ...next year 😢

Philips

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands
Additional air defense order to ASELSAN:
• An option package has been added to the short range/low altitude air defense system contract signed between Aselsan and SSB in 2017.
• Its economic equivalent is 91.9 million Euros and 1 billion 768 million liras.
• Deliveries will be made in 2023-2024.

This additional package means a doubling of the original 57 AIC and 118 guns contract. Turkey will field more than a hundred static 35mm batteries with AHEAD capability.

There is a huge potential for Aselsan to upgrade foreign 35mm guns:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oerlikon_GDF#Operators

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,306
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
This additional package means a doubling of the original 57 AIC and 118 guns contract. Turkey will field more than a hundred static 35mm batteries with AHEAD capability.

There is a huge potential for Aselsan to upgrade foreign 35mm guns:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oerlikon_GDF#Operators

We don't now if they ordered Korkut or Hisar-A. It looks like more Hisar to me.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,681
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This order is most likely related to 35mm modernized Oerlikon. As far as I can remember the original requirement was 100 batteries (100 AIC/Fire Control Vehicle, 300guns).

It might also be related to adding Hisar-A vehicles to modernized Oerlikon batteries. Every fire control vehicle has the ability to command up to 3 Oerlikon guns and one Hisar-A air defense missile system.

ASELSAN-AIC-ve-Modernizeli-%C3%87ekili-Top.jpg

T

Turko

This order is most likely related to 35mm modernized Oerlikon. As far as I can remember the original requirement was 100 batteries (100 AIC/Fire Control Vehicle, 300guns).

It might also be related to adding Hisar-A vehicles to modernized Oerlikon batteries. Every fire control vehicle has the ability to command up to 3 Oerlikon guns and one Hisar-A air defense missile system.

ASELSAN-AIC-ve-Modernizeli-%C3%87ekili-Top.jpg
As Turkish Army has a lot of Oerlikon KDA 35mm, i would like to introduce Brazilian prototype MAA-1 piranha IR guided A2A missiles mounted on Oerlikon KDAs. I am implying about Bozdoğans ! Yes!

SIMDABA 2.jpg

Vertical launching is not always good especially when you have to engage surface skimming cruise missiles. Also Vertical launchers cost additional money. Simple and cheaper variant of Bozdoğan which doesn't have datalink capability would suit KDAs.

Different CIWS solution. Cheaper than HISAR however Much more capable than SUNGUR while it has bigger warhead/seeker and longer range.

Last edited by a moderator:

Philips

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands
Whats the point of developing another ciws while you already have gökdeniz and making it almost identical with phalanx ???

They both have their pros and cons. Let them compete and widen the Turkish weapons portfolio even more.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom