TR Air Defence Programs

chngr

Reactions
1 138
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
in my humble opinion SİPER must be identical to SM-2 MR in order to go further and add booster so that we could achieve our SM-3 and SM-6.
İf we copy Aster30 platform and if we just add a booster on Hisar O+ , we couldnt achieve SM-3 or SM-6 that are SM-2 MR with booster.

View attachment 25495
View attachment 25491
SM-2MR style SİPER and quad packed Hisar O+ should be launched in same VLS.
So in order to keep VLS dimensions SİPER shouldnt be longer than Hisar's VLS for instance 5 meters.

SM-2MR has 75 km range which is optimal for areal defence. When we create our SM2ER/SM-3 or SM-6 , we could create new VLS for air defense frigates.

Current MK41s in our ships(Gabya, Meko) have 6.7 meter length...

MDAS 8 meter length..

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
Cabatli_53
1608382713468.jpeg

gurcan-okumus-hHJt_cover.jpg

SM-2 Block III/IIIA/IIIB is 4.72 meters
Bozdogan is 3.3 meters for comparison

T

Turko

Current MK41s in our ships(Gabya, Meko) have 6.7 meter length...

MDAS 8 meter length..
İ didn't mean MDAS , i meant EDAS.
I wish EDAS would be quadpacked with HisarO+ or G40 or whatever( Gürcan Okumuş mentioned CAMM/ER) and also i wish same EDAS could launch SM2-MR type Siper Missile with 75km range.

“TÜBİTAK SAGE özellikle gemilerde hava savunma tehditlerine karşı reaksiyon süresinin düşürülmesi için G-40, EDAS ve Yanal İtki Motorları ile ilgili teknolojiler geliştirmekte ve CAMM ve CAMM ER benzeri hava savunma füzelerini Deniz Kuvvetleri Komutanlığımıza kazandırmayı hedeflemektedir.

EDAS Sistemi hava savunma füzeleri ile kullanabileceği gibi seyir füzeleri ve güdümlü bombaların yerden atılması ile ilgili de kullanılabilecektir. TÜBİTAK SAGE tarafından EDAS teknolojisi ile ilgili bir vizyon yol haritası çalışması yapılmıştır.

We would like to know all details
SM-2 Block III/IIIA/IIIB is 4.72 meters
Yes SM-2 MR is 4.72meters but without booster. Right in the picture the missile is ER with booster .
IMG_20210712_031856.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Era_shield

If RF missile has wider body, than it is less aerodynamic than IIR missile. That should make it’s range shorter.
You seem to be forgetting that that extra volume in the body is taken up by extra propellant, which adds much more range than is lost by the slightly reduced aerodynamics.

Also, a hemispheric nose cone - which is what the typical IIR nose cone shape is - is not very aerodynamic in supersonic flight. Nose cone design.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
With the Hisar-A+ air defense systems delivered to the Turkish Armed Forces, Hisar-A+ production ended. No other system will be produced. Production will continue as Hisar-O+, which includes Hisar-A+ performance...
When I first saw the mockups of Hisar missiles, I said in this forum or in the previous one that production of two will not be feasible as they’re so close to each other and O can function as A.

T

Turko

With the Hisar-A+ air defense systems delivered to the Turkish Armed Forces, Hisar-A+ production ended. No other system will be produced. Production will continue as Hisar-O+, which includes Hisar-A+ performance...
When I first saw the mockups of Hisar missiles, I said in this forum or in the previous one that production of two will not be feasible as they’re so close to each other and O can function as A.
Comparing IIR guided missiles with RF isn't good IMO. Hisar A+ is great tactical solution against Bayraktar type UAVs.

I don't know who is that bold and don't believe him.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

This is absolute fiction, HISAR-A ands its improved variants will always equip ACV-30.
1626082287216.png

HISAR A Canister - Length 3800mm
HISAR O Canister - Length 4650mm

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,717
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope this means that all the Hisar-A+ systems (15) get produced before they switch to Hisar-O+ production.
From @Hexciter ‘s post I understand that all the A+ series production has been completed and stopped. New ones, where A+ or O+ are needed, will all be O+ from now on. If, so far, they haven’t delivered 15 systems then they will be delivered as O+ in due course.
So the question stands : How many systems of A+ were delivered?

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1 Hisar-O+ battery will be delivered per month.
1 Battery consists of
3x launcher vehicles
3x ammo reload vehicles
1x fire control vehicle
1x electro-optic carrier vehicle
1x battery level radar
1x datalink vehicle
Hisar-O+ battery can launch Hisar-O IIR and Hisar-RF missiles.

I expect 30 batteries (90 launchers/30 batteries/10 battalions) to be delivered by 2024 as the program's first phase.
There are 18 ready to fire missiles per battery and another 18 spare missiles.
54 ready-to-fire missiles per battalion plus 54 spare missiles.

So a total of 10 battalions means 540 ready to fire missiles plus 540 spare missiles.

Production of the Hisar-A+ autonomous (IFV) version will continue and it will be given to armored/mechanized forces. It can launch Hisar-A+ IIR and in theory, it can also launch Hisar-O+ IIR but not Hisar-RF. The requirement was for 45 launcher vehicles/15 batteries. There is no new news so I think this number stays the same.

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1 Hisar-O+ battery will be delivered per month.
1 Battery consists of
3x launcher vehicles
3x ammo reload vehicles
1x fire control vehicle
1x electro-optic carrier vehicle
1x battery level radar
1x datalink vehicle
Hisar-O+ battery can launch Hisar-O IIR and Hisar-RF missiles.

I expect 30 batteries (90 launchers/30 batteries/10 battalions) to be delivered by 2024 as the program's first phase.
There are 18 ready to fire missiles per battery and another 18 spare missiles.
54 ready-to-fire missiles per battalion plus 54 spare missiles.

So a total of 10 battalions means 540 ready to fire missiles plus 540 spare missiles.

Production of the Hisar-A+ autonomous (IFV) version will continue and it will be given to armored/mechanized forces. It can launch Hisar-A+ IIR and in theory, it can also launch Hisar-O+ IIR but not Hisar-RF. The requirement was for 45 launcher vehicles/15 batteries. There is no new news so I think this number stays the same.
I know the Hisar-A systems as single vehicle platforms. A single towed or SP one to support 35 mm gun/radar batteries. SP variant covers for 13 vehicles only. Towed ones will not produced. (As far as I know)

Last edited:

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 968
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nice numbers 1080 missiles 😍 but i dont understand 2024 they will start to deliver or company will finish deliveries ?!
It seems Hisar O+ is ready for producrion afters some tests so the producrion can start right now if army order and finish in 2024

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nice numbers 1080 missiles 😍 but i dont understand 2024 they will start to deliver or company will finish deliveries ?!
It seems Hisar O+ is ready for producrion afters some tests so the producrion can start right now if army order and finish in 2024
They’ll finish order that signed now by 2024.

Top Bottom