TR Air Defence Programs

Steel

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Regadring som and atmaca ..i think coz of embargos ..the stock of sarfan engines wont allow them to make large deliveries ... When ktj integration begins next year ..imo ... Large orders will be ordered
I think the cease of deliveries mainly stemms from ıır detector of som. The embargo also hit this. Afaık we have not achieved to introduce indigenous one. We have progressed but couldn't finalize.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 968
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey

Roketsan sold ~400 million $ worth of equipment to the Turkish armed forces this year. An Atmaca missile costs 500k $. So this is a huge purchase of missiles, rockets, smart freefall bombs, cruise missiles, air defense missiles etc. Note that there is a slight mistake in the news it is calculated with current dollar/TL parity(8,5). The dollar value of yearly turnover is in fact around ~550 million $. (3 billion and 830 million TL / 7)

We will see a similar volume of purchases in the next years.
I would like to know aslo for past years how much Roketsan sold to TAF because thats a good amount for only 1 company .
Perhaps Roketsan already sold a good amount of Bora , Hisar A+, Korkut smart bombs etc .

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,314
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Regadring som and atmaca ..i think coz of embargos ..the stock of sarfan engines wont allow them to make large deliveries ... When ktj integration begins next year ..imo ... Large orders will be ordered

Few hundred Safran engine was acquired, the plan was putting 400 SOM missiles in to arsenal.

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
I think the cease of deliveries mainly stemms from ıır detector of som. The embargo also hit this. Afaık we have not achieved to introduce indigenous one. We have progressed but couldn't finalize.
I read aselsan last annual report ..the managed to produced non cooled fpa already ..and the cooled iir is planed for this year ... Hisar and som use the cooled type ... omtas and small missiles use the non coled type

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
Not all som versions are iir guided ... Som a is gps guided

Steel

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I read aselsan last annual report ..the managed to produced non cooled fpa already ..and the cooled iir is planed for this year ... Hisar and som use the cooled type ... omtas and small missiles use the non coled type
Doesn't sage work on its own? Gürcan okumuş said we progressed in IIR (regarding cooled type) but not finished. Wouldn't it be waste of source to carry out one difficult project in two firms?

Yes we need some time to integrate this detector and perform the tests (2022).

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
Doesn't sage work on its own? Gürcan okumuş said we progressed in IIR (regarding cooled type) but not finished. Wouldn't it be waste of source to carry out one difficult project in two firms?

Yes we need some time to integrate this detector and perform the tests (2022).
Aselsan is much more advanced in iir and optics tech ..they conduct researches since years ...and they are ahead to sage

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Wrong. Atmaca uses the same engine and we tested so many Atmacas. Roketsan has a very good stock of Safran engines and engine delivery is only recently stopped.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,314
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
If i remember correct they sell the missile but not VLS :D , We can use it on old ships but not I-class ships. Do we still want block 2?

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,717
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
If i remember correct they sell the missile but not VLS :D , We can use it on old ships but not I-class ships. Do we still want block 2?
Longer range, better targeting, no need to light the target from the ship?
If our G40 is comparable to this, then no need !

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,251
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
EnY0jkGWMAI_H7f

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is not true. The US sells ESSM to MoD but not SSB. Similarly, the US sells VLS to MoD but not SSB. SSB projects are embargoed, MoD projects are not.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,717
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is not true. The US sells ESSM to MoD but not SSB. Similarly, the US sells VLS to MoD but not SSB. SSB projects are embargoed, MoD projects are not.
Agreed! But…
With this logic is it correct to think that the F404 engines for Hurjet could be in jeopardy? Or is Tusas not included in the embargo? (As Hurjet is a Tusas Project not SSB)
Also could TFX’s f110 engines, have been embargoed had they not been already received?
Just thinking out loud!

KKF 2.0

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I can confirm this. It's the main reason why the previously announced 'sanctions' by the US are purely symbolic. Covered and undeclared restrictions are the real threat for our industry.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,717
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
HERIKKS-VI second deliveries made. “Air Defence Early Warning Command & Control System” second deliveries were made to Turkish Army Land Forces command.
With this system, air-defence structure of Turkish army will gain the capability of integrating and controlling; HİSAR-A, HİSAR-O, KORKUT, AİC, BKKM, KALKAN, Sungur systems. This capability will significantly increase the effectiveness of air defence system of Turkish Army.

1627982901321.jpeg

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom