Tsenal

Committed member
Reactions
1 714
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am really curious if Baykar will use RAM paint on Kızılelma.

kenny

Committed member
Reactions
1 875
Nation of residence
Japan
Nation of origin
Turkey
Congress in the USA cannot pass the f16 request before the elections. they keep stalling. Biden is lying again. If Greece is going to buy F35s, they will probably not arrive before 6-7 years, I don't know what will happen in the meantime, but I think we heard that our F35s are still in the hangar. I do not expect the S400s to be withdrawn to the hangars before the elections we have (in order not to lose votes). But after the elections, regardless of the winning party, my guess is that the S400s will be pulled into the hangar and the F35s will be taken. If F 35s are not received, you can call me crazy but something tells me that Turkey can buy KF-21.
KF-21.png

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,506
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
I wonder how much of a danger could KIZILELMA cause to F35 if it lived up to its name? The UAV with her stealth body, AESA radar and internal AA missiles should give some headache to the adversary, right? Maybe the drone will be our interim solution to our aging fleet before MMU takes the stage.

Yes, Kizilelma with AIM 120 would already give some headache to the enemies. Now imagine Kizilelma with GOKHAN Ramjet air to air missile. People gon' start shitting their pants I tell ya.

Last edited:

kenny

Committed member
Reactions
1 875
Nation of residence
Japan
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey once offered 50%(Korea)-40%(Turkey) shares for KF-21. Korea refused.

Tsenal

Committed member
Reactions
1 714
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Congress in the USA cannot pass the f16 request before the elections. they keep stalling. Biden is lying again. If Greece is going to buy F35s, they will probably not arrive before 6-7 years, I don't know what will happen in the meantime, but I think we heard that our F35s are still in the hangar. I do not expect the S400s to be withdrawn to the hangars before the elections we have (in order not to lose votes). But after the elections, regardless of the winning party, my guess is that the S400s will be pulled into the hangar and the F35s will be taken. If F 35s are not received, you can call me crazy but something tells me that Turkey can buy KF-21. View attachment 45570
Kf-21 is not an alternative to F-35 as it's not a stealth fighter. It's more similar to Rafale.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,601
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
not in its earliest form. gonna be in the future tho.
It is really hard to turn a fighter into a real stealth fighter after it is designed. You can make it to some degree but it has to be designed from scratch as a stealth fighter to be completely stealthy.

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 505
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think will get a deal for F-16. This is not the first time we had a problem with the USA.

The problem is senators act by populism instead of realism. However, do not underestimate the capability of the Pentagon on convincing the senate. Turkish companies already had strong ties with Lockheed and others (They still produce F-35 parts). They can also find a way to deliver them quite fast. A week ago, Turkish Airforce A400M delivered something to the USA. Depending on what they delivered, we might even get the F-35 itself.

Cenkcnk

Committed member
Reactions
1 354
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Our first condition should have been f35 delivery. I think we have missed last opportunity to get them.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,076
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We don't want the F35, it is more harm than good.
We are making our own 5th gen fighter and 5th gen UCAV.

Cenkcnk

Committed member
Reactions
1 354
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We don't want the F35, it is more harm than good.
We are making our own 5th gen fighter and 5th gen UCAV.

Disagree. These planes could have given us a great amount of 5th gen tech.
we are developing our equipment and ammunitions based on what we learned from the western tech that we acquired.
Having even a limited amount of F35s would have helped us speed up our TFX production. At the same time, we would be one of the 5th gen plane owners

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,076
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Disagree. These planes could have given us a great amount of 5th gen tech.
we are developing our equipment and ammunitions based on what we learned from the western tech that we acquired.
Having even a limited amount of F35s would have helped us speed up our TFX production. At the same time, we would be one of the 5th gen plane owners
We are already making parts for the F35, from electronics to main body parts.
What else do we have to learn from it, nothing.
You can't even bomb Greece with it, what is it good for.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
27 4,536
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We are already making parts for the F35, from electronics to main body parts.
What else do we have to learn from it, nothing.
You can't even bomb Greece with it, what is it good for.
If we had the F35, we could benchmark it against the TFX. We could learn much from it. And we could improve every specs of our fighter till we can market it as a superior product than F35. If we had both, we could have credibility in our words. But if we had just the TFX, it would just be seen as a marketing ploy.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,566
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is a very short sided view to say we don’t need F35.
1. Had it not been for the F35 program, we would not have had the capability and notion to produce TFX. Even then, we had to seek help from Saab first then BAE Systems.
2. The world of fighter plane development doesn’t stop with F35 or TFX. It is an ongoing procedure. We MUST have our foot in this world by being a party to programs like F35.
3. There are many advantages of having these planes and being a partner in it’s production. As well as having access to their technology of initial development, during modernisation processes there would be so much more that we would gain from having them.
4. To say that we wouldn’t be able to bomb Greece is also short sighted and has no concrete basis. It is also not an excuse not to have these planes. Besides, same arguments were made for the F16 planes when we first bought them. Whatever short comings F16 had, be it IFF or local weapons deployment; they were overcome over the course of our learning curve. Same would happen with F35.
In short , F35 is an asset that can’t be overlooked. If we can have 2-3 squadrons; it is a valuable asset to own. Any more would be too extravagant at this stage.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Congress in the USA cannot pass the f16 request before the elections. they keep stalling. Biden is lying again. If Greece is going to buy F35s, they will probably not arrive before 6-7 years, I don't know what will happen in the meantime, but I think we heard that our F35s are still in the hangar. I do not expect the S400s to be withdrawn to the hangars before the elections we have (in order not to lose votes). But after the elections, regardless of the winning party, my guess is that the S400s will be pulled into the hangar and the F35s will be taken. If F 35s are not received, you can call me crazy but something tells me that Turkey can buy KF-21. View attachment 45570
The S400 wont be going to the hangar. If the opposition wins, the S400 will be given to the USA in exchange for the F35s; that Iam certain of

The new leaders wont care much about Russia and the main goal will be to regain Western favour

Now whether such an action is good or not is for the future to tell

Top Bottom