Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

I believe this is a good move. Especially since pretty much all our own jets are aging. Qatar is IMO going to help guard our skies. That in itself is proof of how messed up our foreign politics has become and pushed us.

Remember Qatar can withdraw the jets anytime. So we need new jets.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

I believe this is a good move. Especially since pretty much all our own jets are aging. Qatar is IMO going to help guard our skies. That in itself is proof of how messed up our foreign politics has become and pushed us.

Nothing you can do tbh
I do believe this is the only thing that has nothing to do with foreign policy
I mean you guys are growing so is your influence; thus, it will obviously clash with others' influnce when it grows big enough
You dont expect those with already big influences to witness this and just shut up do you?
They will do everything to stop you and make you fall down
France selling rafales to greece, uae stepping up their anti turkey rhetoric through media, ksa and uae finance anti-ruling party groups, amd recently usa adds turkey to a list of countries employing child soldiers or something like that.... that is ridiculous as if the usa itself doesnt do the same
Everyone wants turkey down rn as you guys have become a pain in the ass in their eyes. I wouldnt be surprised if they already made deals with all opposition parties, behind the scenes, by now

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nothing you can do tbh
I do believe this is the only thing that has nothing to do with foreign policy
I mean you guys are growing so is your influence; thus, it will obviously clash with others' influnce when it grows big enough
You dont expect those with already big influences to witness this and just shut up do you?
They will do everything to stop you and make you fall down
France selling rafales to greece, uae stepping up their anti turkey rhetoric through media, ksa and uae finance anti-ruling party groups, amd recently usa adds turkey to a list of countries employing child soldiers or something like that.... that is ridiculous as if the usa itself doesnt do the same
Everyone wants turkey down rn as you guys have become a pain in the ass in their eyes. I wouldnt be surprised if they already made deals with all opposition parties, behind the scenes, by now

They have all gathered like hyenas against the Lion.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Whatever happens. I really hope the Turkish Air Force doesn't go for an Russian Jet

SU-57 (5th Gen Fighter Jet)

1625328654432.png

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
4 3,487
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria

Of course that Turkey needs new fighters but I really doubt that it needs someone else to come and help it to protect the airspace... You are way too pessimistic and underestimating TuAF here. :D

Yet this is a win- win deal for sure- Qatar will have a huge airspace and a big air force to train with on a regular basis, while Turkey will have access to planes like Rafales, Mirages, F-15s, Eurofighters that it can study closely.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
17 19,905
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Whatever happens. I really hope the Turkish Air Force doesn't go for an Russian Jet

View attachment 24847

Check out the difference

Adsız_auto_x2.jpg
Adsızg_auto_x2.jpg

The biggest advantage of Tusas and other companies is that they produce fuselage and parts for the F-35. Alp aviation, kale aero, ayesas, aselsan.. Only within the F-35 project, Kale aviation produced 750 different parts for Lockheed Martin, Northtop Grumman and Tusas.

h.jpg

KALE even carried out the design and production of mechanism of weapons bay doors one of the most important parts of invisibility. Tusas will include all these companies in the production of TF-X

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

View attachment 24847

Decades of hyping only to make a shit box??

Seriously whats the point in buying a Su57 when its no different than a Flanker, MIG 29 and MIG 35.

Su57 is not even fully stealth not to mention the problems its been having. Now the end product is so disappointing.

I know its not going to rival the F35 or the F22 but it should have been close. Su57 is a beautiful bird I give you that honestly but looks dont win you wars.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,601
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'M LEAVING A HUGE BOMB HERE HAVE FUN.

Some subprojects of the TF-X Project;

1) Composite avionics chassis
Nanomaterial added composite avionics boxes will be used on TF-X

2) RAM Canopy and RAM coating of the canopy

3)Cognitive fighter behavior model
It will simulate the behavior of the fighter aircraft in simulations and lower the testing time.

4) LWIR Absorbing Paint
It will protect against IR guided missile
It will block EM waves that are created because of the friction in the heat-generating areas.

5) RAM Coating Modelling and Optimization
Electromagnetically modeling and optimization of radar absorbing multilayer thin film coating

6) Radar Absorbing Putty
It will be used between surface parts.

7)Nanomaterial added composites
Up to %60 increase in mechanical performance with the addition of graphene.
Next-generation structural parts that carry class 2 load
Resistant to lightning
Complies with LO

8) Production of big-sized structural parts with additive manufacturing

9)Methods of design optimization and aerodynamics
Ammunition drop and wing optimization
The adjoint method with SU2

10) Aerogel added, fire-resistant heat barrier

11) Production, welding, and gluing thermoplastic structural parts.

tfx1.jpg
tfx2.jpg
tfx3.jpg
tfx4.jpg
tfx5.jpg
tfx6.jpg
tfx7.jpg
tfx8.jpg
tfx9.jpg
tfx10.jpg

Philips

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands
I'M LEAVING A HUGE BOMB HERE HAVE FUN.

Some subprojects of the TF-X Project;

1) Composite avionics chassis
Nanomaterial added composite avionics boxes will be used on TF-X

2) RAM Canopy and RAM coating of the canopy

3)Cognitive fighter behavior model
It will simulate the behavior of the fighter aircraft in simulations and lower the testing time.

4) LWIR Absorbing Paint
It will protect against IR guided missile
It will block EM waves that are created because of the friction in the heat-generating areas.

5) RAM Coating Modelling and Optimization
Electromagnetically modeling and optimization of radar absorbing multilayer thin film coating

6) Radar Absorbing Putty
It will be used between surface parts.

7)Nanomaterial added composites
Up to %60 increase in mechanical performance with the addition of graphene.
Next-generation structural parts that carry class 2 load
Resistant to lightning
Complies with LO

8) Production of big-sized structural parts with additive manufacturing

9)Methods of design optimization and aerodynamics
Ammunition drop and wing optimization
The adjoint method with SU2

10) Aerogel added, fire-resistant heat barrier

11) Production, welding, and gluing thermoplastic structural parts.
All of this effort and it still can't carry more than 1000lb internally with a MTOW of >60000lb? Something fishy is going on.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
10 3,811
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why is there no IRST Pod development for our F-16 Fleet?

SGS-FW-IRST-Product-Line-Infographic.jpg.pc-adaptive.1280.medium.jpg

Özgur,AESA and IRST and you have an lethal Air Superiority fighter as a gap measure until TF-X sees serial production.

We already have EW Pods in development, imo an IRST Pod project needs to be greenlit asap.

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why is there no IRST Pod development for our F-16 Fleet?

View attachment 24905

Özgur,AESA and IRST and you have an lethal Air Superiority fighter as a gap measure until TF-X sees serial production.

We already have EW Pods in development, imo an IRST Pod project needs to be greenlit asap.

Considering MMU, there should be IRST pod development. At least to develop the sensor for the MMU using pod.

KKF 2.0

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Qataris guarding our air space? You're absolutely off with this statement. This agreement is benefiting Turkey in many different ways but no one is expecting them to waste time and money to protect our territory in any way. Qataris would never have accepted a deal like this in the first place. Turkey has simply too much influential and powerful enemies or opponents.

The Turkish-Qatari relationship is a working relationship. Doha knows this unlike certain members of our government.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom