Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Regarding the extra fuel tanks on the F16. They get ejected immediately when entering dogfight. During peacetime dogfights are not lethal and you can see F16 fly around with it.

T

Turko

Regarding the extra fuel tanks on the F16. They get ejected immediately when entering dogfight. During peacetime dogfights are not lethal and you can see F16 fly around with it.
Dear, in the 2022 dogfighting and chasing foe with auto cannon?? Now there are Helmet-Mounted Cueing Systems for Sidewinders . Old dogfight doctrines happen absolute.

M

Manomed

Dear, in the 2022 dogfighting and chasing foe with auto cannon?? Now there are Helmet-Mounted Cueing Systems for Sidewinders . Old dogfight doctrines happen absolute.
Greeks were always look dogfight!! while TurAf pilots wouldn't even doing manevuers against them In a real AA combat those mirages will hit the ground before seeing the F16.

What I can say pilots don't give a shit against greek pilots tailing them because they know they don't have the balls to fire a missile at them in these years

Last edited by a moderator:

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
57 28,553
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Production of 128 F-16 block 70/72 orders from Bahrain, Slovakia, Morocco, Bulgaria and Taiwan was expected to be completed by 2026. However, Lockheed Martin announced that the current program was delayed for 1 more year due to Covid-19.

Turkey's orders for the F-16V will not start production before 2027. Meanwhile, it seems likely that the COVID-19 outbreak will further occupy the production line. TAI has no place to produce new F-16s. The facilities are not sufficient. So don't get your hopes up, folks.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,566
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Production of 128 F-16 block 70/72 orders from Bahrain, Slovakia, Morocco, Bulgaria and Taiwan was expected to be completed by 2026. However, Lockheed Martin announced that the current program was delayed for 1 more year due to Covid-19.

Turkey's orders for the F-16V will not start production before 2027. Meanwhile, it seems likely that the COVID-19 outbreak will further occupy the production line. TAI has no place to produce new F-16s. The facilities are not sufficient. So don't get your hopes up, folks.
I had mentioned the issue of the orders in hand and the delay of production in LM for our prospective F16-V70 orders due to their busy production line. I was hoping Tusas production could hurry this process. If this is not possible and I am sure our guys knew all this; I wonder why they asked for this modernisation and 40new planes?
OK 40 plane production can be delayed. But modernisation, surely, could go ahead. Especially if Tusas is involved.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

I have been saying that for months now.
The F16 B70 is only being built in Greenville, South Carolina.

Additional News from 20.01.2022.

TAIWAN might be prioritized and that would push the other Orders further back. (Bahrain, Slovakia and Bulgaria. Morocco)

"The United States is looking for ways to potentially accelerate delivery of Taiwan's next generation of new-build F-16 fighter jets, U.S. officials said, bolstering the Taiwanese air force's ability to respond to what Washington and Taipei see as increasing intimidation by China's military."

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 921
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey

Where u get this infro?!
In 2027 Turkey will produce its aircrafts and dont need f16 .
Aslo F16 is producing USA not belgium .
USA if they want can produce 100 aircraft / month .
I hope first batch of F16 will be ready in 2023 .
Does Turkey and USA make a deal about f16 when and how much will cost ?!

Fairon

Reactions
6 868
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Where u get this infro?!
In 2027 Turkey will produce its aircrafts and dont need f16 .
We most likely won't. Not at least the volume that we don't need F16's. Replacing our fleet will take long time even after we started serial production.
Aslo F16 is producing USA not belgium .
USA if they want can produce 100 aircraft / month .
Why would they want it? They are not in any rush and there is no reason for them.
I hope first batch of F16 will be ready in 2023 .
Most likely it won't.
Does Turkey and USA make a deal about f16 when and how much will cost ?!
As far as we know, not yet.

T

Turko

Then ask for second hand F16s with upgrade kits. Could USAF inventory supply used 100 F16 C block ?

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Greeks were always look dogfight!! while TurAf pilots wouldn't even doing manevuers against them In a real AA combat those mirages will hit the ground before seeing the F16.

What I can say pilots don't give a shit against greek pilots tailing them because they know they don't have the balls to fire a missile at them in these years
You make my day with such as comments.

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
We are literally going thru your so called airspace everday what is your coward pilots doing? even our drones are breaching your air space pathetic
So the Turks are violated the Geek air space.
Thank you for admitting that Turkey is the troublemaker of the region.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,600
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have been saying that for months now.
The F16 B70 is only being built in Greenville, South Carolina.

Additional News from 20.01.2022.

TAIWAN might be prioritized and that would push the other Orders further back. (Bahrain, Slovakia and Bulgaria. Morocco)

"The United States is looking for ways to potentially accelerate delivery of Taiwan's next generation of new-build F-16 fighter jets, U.S. officials said, bolstering the Taiwanese air force's ability to respond to what Washington and Taipei see as increasing intimidation by China's military."

We are trying to be super smart here with the Block 70 procurement and modernization offer. We are pushing the hand of the US. If the US side doesn't accept our offer or congress stops the deal we will have the moral upper hand. We did everything we could now we will implement our solution to our F-16s without any restrictions. If the US accepts our offer no new F-16s can be delivered before 2027 unless the US is willing to produce F-16s in TAI facilities. IMHO probably nothing will come out of this deal and we will probably widen the scope of Özgür project from block 30&40 to 50 and 50+. Rather than getting a 4.5th gen fighter in 2027 I will order 100 more supersonic Mius from Baykar.

Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We are trying to be super smart here with the Block 70 procurement and modernization offer. We are pushing the hand of the US. If the US side doesn't accept our offer or congress stops the deal we will have the moral upper hand. We did everything we could now we will implement our solution to our F-16s without any restrictions. If the US accepts our offer no new F-16s can be delivered before 2027 unless the US is willing to produce F-16s in TAI facilities. IMHO probably nothing will come out of this deal and we will probably widen the scope of Özgür project from block 30&40 to 50 and 50+. Rather than getting a 4.5th gen fighter in 2027 I will order 100 more supersonic Mius from Baykar.
Even subsonic ones that are capable enough of m0.8, around 6 to 8 hardpoints with aam and air to ground munitions (1500kg payload) could be damn deterrent against any adversary. 100 of them with awacs and sam suppport would make them deadly swarms of drones.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom