Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Firtina howitzer rounds: It is aimed to increase the range of 40 kilometers to 56 kilometers in the first place and to 72 kilometers later. By the end of this year, the 56 km target will be reached.

Source: AA

guest12

Reactions
2 874
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Firtina howitzer rounds: It is aimed to increase the range of 40 kilometers to 56 kilometers in the first place and to 72 kilometers later. By the end of this year, the 56 km target will be reached.

Source: AA
Great but its still not an M982 Excalibur.To this day no news come out from this project , many people dont relaize how this type artillery round gonna skyrocket cross border capabilities.

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,600
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
72km reach for a SPA is a big headache for Greeks. This will be used with course correction kits and guidance systems. The islands are f*cked.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Whether it is illegally militarized islands in Aegean or naval targets at ports or seas, it is only a matter of decision each target to be marked by drones can be destroyed with high precision TRLG family under the self-defence right of Turkish Republic.

TRLG122: 36km - CEP ≤ 2 m
TRLG230: 70km - CEP ≤ 2 m
TRLG300: 150km - CEP (?) / [TrG300 CEP ≤10m]
BORA: 280+km - CEP ≤10m
BORA-II: (?)

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,566
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
So it is called TRLG300 ? Right ?
Yes! With the laser guidance this missile can hit moving targets 150km away.
Now with simple logic, if a HIMARS missile costs 150thousand dollars each. Ours should be a lot cheaper.
I would take the deal any day, to hit a 5-10million dollar tank for 150K dollars. (OK, the explosive head will have to be the correct type. But an HE head weighing 90-105kg and hitting the target at over 2 Mach could/should easily decommission a tank for good)

Last edited:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,566
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Thermobarec serial production and C4 explosive quantity to be increased to 80kg.

I remember that someone shared the reason for increase in range is due to a pantent running out. So the ammo head can be fitted with a disc that enables the increase in range.
As mentioned here there is work being carried out to increase range of T-155 howitzers. Most likely with guidance kits and some form of rocket propulsion. Base Bleed technology already increases the range of a 30km round to 40km. To increase this range further, aerodynamic configuration of the round has to be enhanced together with a form of propulsion.
The disc system you are talking about is the “Mesafece Düzeltme“ kit system developed by Roketsan. By applying brakes on the round as it travels through air the accuracy and the CEP value is greatly enhanced. But I doubt if it will increase range. If anything if it is using braking system of a sort, logically, it would shorten overall range.
Aselsan’s fire control system is very good. It has a very high probability of first time hit percentage. Together with this kit it is most likely to be very accurate.
1659370653552.jpeg

Last edited:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,566
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
10 3,811
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Expanding the range is great and a much needed project, especially if we can reach 72km with our Firtina SPH. Another project I would like to see is a indirect fire top attack shell in the same vain as Bonus or SMArt.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Expanding the range is great and a much needed project, especially if we can reach 72km with our Firtina SPH. Another project I would like to see is a indirect fire top attack shell in the same vain as Bonus or SMArt.

The 56km (trials are at the end of this year) and 72km shells will probably be 155mm ammunition with precision guidance GPS/INS kits and maybe laser options in further blocks and can be fired from Fırtına-1/2, Yavuz SPHs. MKE first announced its work on 155mm guided munitions with its own resources in 2017.
When these munitions go into production, they will probably be delivered in 4digit numbers and will be much cheaper in cost than their equivalents. As such, the TAF will have an enormous cost/effective fire superiority and continuous production capability in war times.

We see together how these munitions, when used with effective surveillance, can cause devastating results regardless of who enemy is and Turkiye will have the capabilities that few countries have in this field within an artillery tech family unity in all scale.

Screenshot_20220802-010438_Opera beta.jpg

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The 56km (trials are at the end of this year) and 72km shells will probably be 155mm ammunition with precision guidance GPS/INS kits and maybe laser options in further blocks and can be fired from Fırtına-1/2, Yavuz SPHs. MKE first announced its work on 155mm guided munitions with its own resources in 2017.
When these munitions go into production, they will probably be delivered in 4digit numbers and will be much cheaper in cost than their equivalents. As such, the TAF will have an enormous cost/effective fire superiority and continuous production capability in war times.

View attachment 46728

Imagining the destructive power of having UAV's in ISAR configuration for maximum loitering duration, painting targets for Artillery to hit pin-point locations 60-75km out - Pure Chaos and Destruction

The only issue I see with having artillery, is that targets have to be ballistically viable - trajectory in which shells are shot out does not give way to hitting targets on other side of steep mountains - in effect adversary can shield themselves from shells.

One project where we are dragging our feet on, are cluster munitions for our 155mm - Greece has a large stockpile of 155mm Bonus Cluster Muntions

Last edited:

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,495
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
One project where we are dragging our feet on, are cluster munitions for our 155mm - Greece has a large stockpile of 155mm Bonus Cluster Muntions
we have to RAMP UP our cluster munition capabilities yesterday! something to replace those Matra Durandals in the TAF inventory would also be nice, but thats another thread's topic.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
FagR4-qXkAIOW_v.jpeg

I saw this being posted on the internet. If there's one thing we have learned in the Ukraine war, it's that time to deployment and how fast you can scoot away can make a big difference against opponents with equal-ish artillery and with counter battery radars are very important.

So my question would be, does anyone know how long it takes to fire and to pack up and leave after firing? How fast can they be replenished? Same story for our howitzers.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,516
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 47063

I saw this being posted on the internet. If there's one thing we have learned in the Ukraine war, it's that time to deployment and how fast you can scoot away can make a big difference against opponents with equal-ish artillery and with counter battery radars are very important.

So my question would be, does anyone know how long it takes to fire and to pack up and leave after firing? How fast can they be replenished? Same story for our howitzers.

M270 and HIMARS have good loading mechanisms. I don't know whether TRG-230's truck has its own crane or needs an additional vehicle for reloading.
HIMARS vehicle is compact, they can even airlift it via C-130, I don't think TRG-230 can fit it. And it seems HIMARS vehicle has more off-road capability than our trucks.

Here is a really nice video of HIMARS

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom