Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
I am more excited for the 10 ton utility helicopter more than the t929 , no idea why :D
T70 programm will fulfill the requirements for a long time and give TAI more time to focus on more urgent programms .. of course the mmu , t929 and hurjet ..beside engines programms

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,707
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
T70 programm will fulfill the requirements for a long time and give TAI more time to focus on more urgent programms .. of course the mmu , t929 and hurjet ..beside engines programms
Still Gökbey is very important and building them and delivering them are just as important because it’ll lower the cost of S70 and we become more independant and can freely export.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
a64277ca7867ea80c3a219e81b6f7028.jpg

766455560a91347516ed35ffa049579f.jpg

18fc484bd63bbb90dd05f8a2a5f139a4.jpg

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
Still Gökbey is very important and building them and delivering them are just as important because it’ll lower the cost of S70 and we become more independant and can freely export.
Gökbey is mainly a civilian platform .. its a significant project no doubt ..but i compared 10 ton utility helo with t70 not gökbey

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,214
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah lets bring the p*lice and not the army This goverment really shows how scared they are from the army
Dude! we get it! You're totally against that. Everybody knows now.
Please move on and don't ruin the threads like this.
Spill all your worries in Cay Bahcesi if you like and leave these threads alone so we can enjoy some useful content.

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey

Rotorcraft programs are independent from fixed-wing other then internal financing. Priority is Atak 2 then 10 ton utility helicopter which will use similar infrastructure to bring down costs. Same is done with T625, T629. T-70 is very good program but it does have limits. Mostly related to licensing. If we wanted to develop an armed or naval variant, we would have to reach an agreement. LM can refuse in order to protect their own platforms offerings etc. 10 ton is very important for this reason, no strings attached.

Last edited:

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Almost confirmed that Bangladesh Army will choose T-129 ATAK as their attack helicopter (probably ordering 12-16 initially and up to 30 in total)!

1632592994284.png

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,125
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It would be good if TAI realized the new T629 and sold it with the TS1500 engine to foreign customers. T129 only shines when it comes to hot and high geography which is only relevant for Pakistan. Even then T629 can be made with less armor to fly lighter.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

F-6 enthusiast

Reactions
1 595
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Almost confirmed that Bangladesh Army will choose T-129 ATAK as their attack helicopter (probably ordering 12-16 initially and up to 30 in total)!
The tender is here for all to see

very vague but there are some technical specs available , like horsepower, endurance, range , loitering time , engine performance , night fighting capability etc. I encourage members to compare specs in their free time with T-129 as i don't have the knowledge on this issue.

My personal opinion ? Buy the T-129.
All the Best !

Hasan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

View attachment 32185
What is your source of this information? Our Army chief has recently visited USA and we were expecting something from USA either. However, Turkish helicopters will also be good but the major concern will be the engines of those crafts. Turkey faced trouble to export the helicopters to the Philippines if I am not mistaken.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey faced trouble to export the helicopters to the Philippines if I am not mistaken.

No, philippine pilots have been trained and the helicopters will be delivered soon. There is a problem with Pakistan's helicopters due to Pakistan-U.S relations

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,307
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is your source of this information? Our Army chief has recently visited USA and we were expecting something from USA either. However, Turkish helicopters will also be good but the major concern will be the engines of those crafts. Turkey faced trouble to export the helicopters to the Philippines if I am not mistaken.

Americans are expensive with attack helicopters so wich one are you thinking?

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Gökbey is mainly a civilian platform .. its a significant project no doubt ..but i compared 10 ton utility helo with t70 not gökbey

Gokbey T-625 is expected to replace UH-1Hs and AB-205s in the Turkish military - That's around 160 helicopters.

First customer Gendarmerie is phasing out 13 AB-205s for 20 T-625 Gokbeys. First delivery mid-2022, with the deliveries expected to be completed by the end of 2022.

Last edited:
M

Manomed

Gokbey T-625 is expected to replace UH-1Hs and AB-205s in the Turkish military - That's around 160 helicopters.

First customer Gendarmerie is phasing out 13 AB-205s for 20 T-625 Gokbeys. First delivery mid-2022, with the deliveries expected to be completed by the end of 2022.
Good news

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom