Administrator
Reactions
111 14,700
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I just repeat what T. Kotil said.
I don’t remember him quoting exact amounts like you have. But being vague , like “half of F35’s cost” .
Well; F35-A first came out of production line, it was over 100million a piece and only recently was it around 78million dollars. Then there is F-35B which still cost good part of 120million dollars each. So what he says is nothing short of being “vague”!
I don’t understand these guys quoting prices like they do. “Proof of the pudding is in the eating”! When we start selling these helicopters, then the actual price will show itself. Like Atak1, Apache or Eurocopter.
In my eyes Atak-129 is a 50million dollar bird.
When I buy a say Mercedes car, I don’t know how much it cost Mercedes to build. But I know what I have paid for it.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,824
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don’t remember him quoting exact amounts like you have. But being vague , like “half of F35’s cost” .
Well; F35-A first came out of production line, it was over 100million a piece and only recently was it around 78million dollars. Then there is F-35B which still cost good part of 120million dollars each. So what he says is nothing short of being “vague”!
I don’t understand these guys quoting prices like they do. “Proof of the pudding is in the eating”! When we start selling these helicopters, then the actual price will show itself. Like Atak1, Apache or Eurocopter.
In my eyes Atak-129 is a 50million dollar bird.
When I buy a say Mercedes car, I don’t know how much it cost Mercedes to build. But I know what I have paid for it.
Look what will Norway pay for each F-35. Less than $80 mio. The more F-35 are sold, the the cheaper the price. About Kotil's statement, the interviewer asked him about coming values and income. Kotil answered that just one Attack-1 will cost $20 mio. What we are talking here, is not the production costs. But acquisition costs.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
IMG_20220325_032823.jpg

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
111 14,700
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Look what will Norway pay for each F-35. Less than $80 mio. The more F-35 are sold, the the cheaper the price. About Kotil's statement, the interviewer asked him about coming values and income. Kotil answered that just one Attack-1 will cost $20 mio. What we are talking here, is not the production costs. But acquisition costs.
Exactly. Norway is buying the cheaper priced F35s. So today F35 is a 80 million dollar plane. But having said that I wonder how much it would cost as a contract package, say if Greece were to buy these. They will need spares, training, weapons integration etc. So the package may be as much as 100+ million each, easily.
Can you share the video where Kotil says T-129 cost is 20 million please? If that is what he says it is, then it is the actual cost.
Yet, 2019 issue of Defence Turkey Magazine states it as a 40million cost helicopter.
Actual costs should not be given out. No company sells at cost price. It is not healthy business acumen to let your customers know how much it actually costs.

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,707
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Source ?

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,824
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Exactly. Norway is buying the cheaper priced F35s. So today F35 is a 80 million dollar plane. But having said that I wonder how much it would cost as a contract package, say if Greece were to buy these. They will need spares, training, weapons integration etc. So the package may be as much as 100+ million each, easily.
Can you share the video where Kotil says T-129 cost is 20 million please? If that is what he says it is, then it is the actual cost.

Yet, 2019 issue of Defence Turkey Magazine states it as a 40million cost helicopter.
Actual costs should not be given out. No company sells at cost price. It is not healthy business acumen to let your customers know how much it actually costs.
(F-35). It depends on so much facts. Where will the spare parts come from (abroad or indigenous). Which weapons will they buy (indigenous or foreign)? Where will they get their training, (at home or in US)? Not to forget the “yearly” updates! In this case, Greece is f****.
There are so many interviews with Kotil. It will take time to find this (old) video. They talked about orders and income, as I remember.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,681
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
F-35 is a different fighter it needs more than spares, training etc. It needs a huge infrastructure investment it needs a whole bunch of new facilities. That is a hidden cost for the F-35.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Roketsan general manager is there too, wonder if there will be some co-operation or sale of missiles. See T-129 is adorned with Cirit, it only makes sense that L/UMTAS is also in the package.

TAI - Temel Kotil says;
- there are ongoing negotiations for further sales of T-129 with Philippines
- 76 T-129 have been produced and delivered for Turkey, this number will rise to 83 by years end.
- there is another country who have ordered 6 T-129, which country that is will be made known soon
- Pakistani T-129 exports are tied up with US congress, waiting on approval.

Aselsan - Haluk Görgün says;
- Gokdeniz point defence system has been shown great interest in the Asia region, expect good news soon

Roketsan - Murat Ikinci says;
- Philippines will be using Roketsan missiles on T-129
- important that defence industry work commutatively together for increased success

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,681
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We should work with Italians to get an export license for Pakistani T-129s.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
111 14,700
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
We should work with Italians to get an export license for Pakistani T-129s.
Logical way of conducting company and state politics. But what can Italians do about the engines, if the strings of those engines are held by the US?

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,681
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Logical way of conducting company and state politics. But what can Italians do about the engines, if the strings of those engines are held by the US?
Italians should lobby the US for the export license. There are some influential Italians in the US.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom