TR Attack & Utility Helicopter Programs

Kampfpanzer

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is the dissociation of religion and technology for them. When they see an institution for science and technology entangled with religiosity, they won't take that organization seriously and think there's corruption in it.
its ok when u think this way. Im not thinking like u, but its ok. i dont want to fill this thread with this discussion. im sure our engineers will do great job.

Baris

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to this image, the tail of the T929 has changed a lot and has become more muscular and shorter, unlike the old design.

images
This mockup looks better than the current mock-up imo, why did they even change it and even display false info (20mm cannon) ?
Also the image i posted might not be the final design, we'll just have to see it once it finishes.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,717
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can we please stay on topic of real life helicopters, rather than games?
If you need to discuss computer games, please do it elsewhere.

Pinco Pallino

Reactions
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Italy
Hello, I'm a new user.
Recently I've been digging a bit about the T129 ATAK, but unfortunatly there's not that much detailed information about it in English available for free.

May I ask if someone of you can clarify some doubts I have?

The recently introduced T-129B Phase 2 variant of the ATAK has a quite advanced self-defence suite, basically developed entirely by the Turkish industry, with the main contribute by Aselsan.
It comprises a RF jammer, the UVIS missile approach warning system (also with 2 extra sensors compared to the Phase 1), the LIAS laser warning receiver and radar warning receiver.

What I don't understand is if the previous T-129B Phase 1 completely lacked the RWR and LWR sensors.
It obviously had the UV missile approach warning systems on the extremity of the stub wings, but I can't seem to find anything resembling a RWR or LWR in any photo.

Thanks to anyone who can clarify this

Last edited:

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hello, I'm a new user.
Recently I've been digging a bit about the T129 ATAK, but unfortunatly there's not that much detailed information about it in English available for free.

The recently introduced T-129B Phase 2 variant of the ATAK has a quite advanced self-defence suite, basically developed entirely by the Turkish industry, with the main contribute by Aselsan.
It comprises a RF jammer, the UVIS missile approach warning system (also with 2 extra sensors compared to the Phase 1), the LIAS laser warning receiver and radar warning receiver.

What I don't understand is if the previous T-129B Phase 1 completely lacked the RWR and LWR sensors.
It obviously had the UV missile approach warning systems on the extremity of the stub wings, but I can't seem to find anything resembling a RWR or LWR in any photo.

Our new friend from Leonardo 😝

RadarGudumluMuhimmat

Committed member
Reactions
1 619
Hello, I'm a new user.

Ez0gS01XEAEaLF9

ATAK-Faz-II.jpg

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,717
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hello, I'm a new user.

What you write here is somehow not relevant anymore. Because all phase-1 t-129 helicopters are in the process of being upgraded to phase-2 anyway. This includes the first 9 EDH helicopters that came in right at the beginning and the 42 locally produced ones.

Last edited:

Pinco Pallino

Reactions
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Italy
What you write here is somehow not relevant anymore. Because all phase-1 t-129 helicopters are in the process of being upgraded to phase-2 anyway. This includes the first 9 EDH helicopters that came in right at the beginning and the 42 locally produced ones.
Thanks, I'll take as further confirmation that ATAK Faz-1 aicraft (and consequently the older and less capable EDH) didn't have LWR and RWR.

Nice to see that the Turkish Army is planning not to leave "anything behind" by upgrading as many machines as possible to Faz-2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,033
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thanks, I'll take as further confirmation that ATAK Faz-1 aicraft (and consequently the older and less capable EDH) didn't have LWR and RWR.

Nice to see that the Turkish Army is planning not to leave "anything behind" by upgrading as many machines as possible to Faz-2.
It's even more necessary after the helicopter footage from the Ukraine war.

Pinco Pallino

Reactions
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Italy
Developing a functional and relatively reliable hard-kill APS (flares are also technically an APS countermeasure) would surely be incredibly challenging and expensive. Possibly too much complex and expensive with current available technologies.

Most Western nations apparently are investing in DIRCM systems and enhanced EW suites. Turkey seems to be doing the same.

In relation to the war in Ukraine, it should be pointed out that both Russian and Ukrainian attack or support helicopters appear to heavily rely on unguided rockets as their most commonly used weapon system. Their guided anti-tank missiles are also less capable than comparable weapons in service in America, Europe, NATO, Israel etc. as they are mostly still line-of-sight beam-riding or wire-guided. The Russian optronic systems also appear to be lackluster in comparsion.
Thus Russian (and obviously Ukrainian) attack helicopters intrinsically need to expose themsevles at much greater danger than comparable and more advanced helicopters in service with NATO.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,533
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Developing a functional and relatively reliable hard-kill APS (flares are also technically an APS countermeasure) would surely be incredibly challenging and expensive. Possibly too much complex and expensive with current available technologies.

Most Western nations apparently are investing in DIRCM systems and enhanced EW suites. Turkey seems to be doing the same.

In relation to the war in Ukraine, it should be pointed out that both Russian and Ukrainian attack or support helicopters appear to heavily rely on unguided rockets as their most commonly used weapon system. Their guided anti-tank missiles are also less capable than comparable weapons in service in America, Europe, NATO, Israel etc. as they are mostly still line-of-sight beam-riding or wire-guided. The Russian optronic systems also appear to be lackluster in comparsion.
Thus Russian (and obviously Ukrainian) attack helicopters intrinsically need to expose themsevles at much greater danger than comparable and more advanced helicopters in service with NATO.
It is not because of missiles being lackluster, it is because of tactics, they essentially use them as very mobile grads

Top Bottom