Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,223
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Morocco expressed interest in the deal in 2018, but the US-imposed sanctions slowed the deal. Morocco have went for apaches so i dont know how credible the new reports is. I read this recently:

«Morocco reportedly selected the Apache after rejecting the TAI T129, apparently after Moroccan authorities considered that the Turkish helicopter had “not satisfied expectations” during a Syrian deployment. More recently, however, it has emerged that Morocco is once again in negotiations with Turkey for the supply of 22 T129s to augment its new Apaches»

Eeeh Syrian deployement was a succes, you can watch how T129 killed hewals...

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,383
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Eeeh Syrian deployement was a succes, you can watch how T129 killed hewals...
Thats why i mentioned "Morocco have went for apaches so i dont know how credible the new reports is". I remember i read that the atak had some problems during their operations in syria, but that they have been modified to better standards after their experience. Hopefully morocco will go for the T129, however i dont know why they would go for a move like that when they recently went for 24 Apaches+ 12 optional.

M

Manomed

W
Thats why i mentioned "Morocco have went for apaches so i dont know how credible the new reports is". I remember i read that the atak had some problems during their operations in syria, but that they have been modified to better standards after their experience. Hopefully morocco will go for the T129, however i dont know why they would go for a move like that when they recently went for 24 Apaches+ 12 optional.
What problems?

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,567
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Attack unit price is ~20$ million.
I think you got it wrong. Atak-129 is around 40-45 million dollars a piece. Pakistan was going to pay over 1.5 billion dollars for 30 of them.
Apache costs over 100 million a piece to buy. Morocco is to pay 4.25 billion for 36 Apache helicopters. That includes all ancillaries and training etc. But that is the price level. Naked Apache may cost as little as 35-40 million dollars to manufacture. But with ancillaries and “profit” margin for the know how you have developed (even though it is not given) and the credit line provisions, the price escalates. When it is military sales one should forget about production costs. But consider cost of selling.

Last edited:

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think you got it wrong. Atak-129 is around 40-45 million dollars a piece. Pakistan was going to pay over 1.5 billion dollars for 30 of them.
Apache costs over 100 million a piece to buy. Morocco is to pay 4.25 billion for 36 Apache helicopters. That includes all ancillaries and training etc. But that is the price level. Naked Apache may cost as little as 35-40 million dollars to manufacture. But with ancillaries and “profit” margin for the know how you have developed (even though it is not given) and the credit line provisions, the price escalates. When it is military sales one should forget about production costs. But consider cost of selling.

I remember that Temel Kotil said, T-129 cost 20$ mio. Maybe he means just the naked plane.

Top Bottom