Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
NEED TO VERIFY

So according to this Bangladeshi chief reporter working in Anadolu Agency said in YT video that BD signed deal with Turkey for TB2 drones. He didn't provide details about when the deal was signed, how many TB2 BD is buying or how much it will cost. The weird part he said was BD is buying the drones without any weapons, they will be used for surveillance only. Can anyone verify this?

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,049
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
NEED TO VERIFY

So according to this Bangladeshi chief reporter working in Anadolu Agency said in YT video that BD signed deal with Turkey for TB2 drones. He didn't provide details about when the deal was signed, how many TB2 BD is buying or how much it will cost. The weird part he said was BD is buying the drones without any weapons, they will be used for surveillance only. Can anyone verify this?

Nothing reliable in Turkish media so far.

Tsenal

Committed member
Reactions
1 714
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Accoding to tweet it could be Azerbaycan, Ukraine or Pakistan. I am not sure Pakistan is going to pick us when they can get them from China. And Ukraine is also unlikely receiver atm. That leaves Azerbaycan.
Doesn't Pakistan already have towed Panter? They can convert it to Yavuz.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Pakistan bought and ordered a large number of SPH from China just a couple months ago. The SH-15 I believe.
Ukraine depends on donation, I do not think they will buy any Yavuz Howitzers which aren't even in active service with any Armed Forces especially not when they are getting some which are proven.
Azerbaijan is possible.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,049
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Pakistan bought and ordered a large number of SPH from China just a couple months ago. The SH-15 I believe.
Ukraine depends on donation, I do not think they will buy any Yavuz Howitzers which aren't even in active service with any Armed Forces especially not when they are getting some which are proven.
Azerbaijan is possible.

I think Ukraine will take any weapon they can get and that some countries like Germany gave them basically a budget to buy equipment elsewhere. So could be, but of course it's all just speculation.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,558
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1654611099762.png

1654609405217.png

1654609549108.png

1654609622426.png

1654609697928.png

Turkish Defence and Aerospace Industry manufacturers association performance report for year 2021

for more details:

https://www.sasad.org.tr/uploaded/Sasad-Performans-Raporu-2021.pdf

unfortunatly whole report is in Turkish

Last edited:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,717
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,733
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think Ukraine will take any weapon they can get and that some countries like Germany gave them basically a budget to buy equipment elsewhere. So could be, but of course it's all just speculation.
The budget likely has restrictions to only cover ammunitions of existing systems.

The credit of sorts will only cover purchase from EU and US approved systems.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Who is Furkan, does anyone know him?

I've been following him on Twitter for some time. He is not usually talk about the Turkish Defence Industry, but this tweet is based on an article form anadolu agency.

He is very active in covering Turkey's involvement in Iraq, Syria and Libya. Often very trustworthy.

Top Bottom