Reactions
4 3,832
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nope man
I didnt mean it that way
I meant that Erdo literally gave Seljuk Bayraktar the necessary "connections" for Baykar to thrive and reach its true potential
When i said where he found that glorious man, I meant how he found out that he had such amazing latent potential
Sorry if i was a bit abstract
Didnt mean that Erdo founded the company or the ppl itselves
That's what I have understood.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Six bids have been submitted to the Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) light combat aircraft (LCA) tender, according to Malaysian media reports.

The bids include India’s Hindustan Aeronautics with the Tejas, a conglomerate of Russian-led companies with the MiG-35, China’s Catic with the L-15, Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) with the FA-50, Turkey Aerospace industries (TAI) with the Hürjet, and Italy’s Leonardo with the M-346.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
For the first time in our history, Turkey is participating in another country's manned supersonic combat aircraft tender, and the countries where Turkey is competing in the tender are Russia, India, South Korea, Italy and China.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
For the first time in our history, Turkey is participating in another country's manned supersonic combat aircraft tender, and the countries where Turkey is competing in the tender are Russia, India, South Korea, Italy and China.

Huge success for Turkish defence industry if they can win this. Maybe a stretch right now even tho Malaysia is a friend, unfortunately.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
181 billion TL is almost 17 billion euros. Thats not much.

USA: 778 billion
China: 252 billion
India: 73 billion
Russia: 62 billion

Of course, it is not possible for Turkey to compete with states such as the US and China but Turkey's defense expenditures should not be evaluated on the basis of the given figure. Most of the projects are financed by the companies themselves. Apart from this, departments such as DPT, SSDF, Tübitak and some other ministery also support defence R&D. Many of programs financially started over TL. In other words, evaluating these expenditures in Dollars and Euros does not always give accurate results and the total figure has always been more than the stated figure.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The total defense budget of Türkiye is roughly around 25 billion $ when you add defense industry support fund(SSDF) and various R&D funds.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,729
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Such a historical moment
When was the last time Turkey had a military that was a cut above the rest? Probably around 200 years ago
Now Turkey is facing off against monoliths like Russia, China, Italy, and South Korea
Even if Turkey didnt win, it is a majestic step towards the top of the ladder
Lose today, win tomorrow and if Turkey won this bid, it would be a testament to the potential of the Turkish engineers that had been rotting in the dust for more than 5 to 6 decades!
Really love how Turkey is rising
No wonder the West are pissing themselves

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,734
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
181 billion TL is almost 17 billion euros. Thats not much.

USA: 778 billion
China: 252 billion
India: 73 billion
Russia: 62 billion
It used to be around 20 b usd. But when you give up these numbers in TL you can get away with spending less on defence budget. 3 b usd is quite many Ada class

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
If not mistaken it is at 1,8% or 1,6% right now. Needs to be at 2,5% tbh.

But with the economy in tatters can’t expect much.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,735
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It used to be around 20 b usd. But when you give up these numbers in TL you can get away with spending less on defence budget. 3 b usd is quite many Ada class
I found this post really helpful for understanding the defense budget of Turkey;

(It's my first post, i hope i'm not breaking any rules.)

Last edited:

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,452
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I found this post really helpful for understanding the defense budget of Turkey;

Welcome to the forum!

kimov

Committed member
Reactions
1 408
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey

Thanks, very good read.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,729
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

First of all, nice to see a new friend in the forum @rodeo
Secondly, thx for the post; I gained a lot
Didnt imagine that Turkey had such a decent system in place for the TSK

Top Bottom