Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Any news or rumours regarding purchase of 100 tb2-s from morocco including TOT in turkish media?

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
I just laughed at the number you gave
Whats the problem with the number? If its included with TOT then i dont see any problem. Morocco have a land area close to the same area as turkey. Morocco wants to boost its own defence industry, and turkey is the perfect partner. Time will show..

comolokko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Did we export to Uzbekistan. Last time there were news saying they just copied the vehicle which is named as Tarlon.
yes, it is a poor quality imitation. :ROFLMAO:
tarlon.jpg

kimov

Committed member
Reactions
1 408
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
Whats the problem with the number? If its included with TOT then i dont see any problem. Morocco have a land area close to the same area as turkey. Morocco wants to boost its own defence industry, and turkey is the perfect partner. Time will show..
It is not the total number of drones which is unrealistic but the strategy to buy that many of the same type. It would have been more realistic to mix different classes to cover a larger set of missions. A mix of Anka, Aksungur and Akinci in various configurations would have been more realistic.

So, considering that you already have TB2, then suggestion that you will buy 100 more without the others is a bit too unrealistic. Also, these kind of rumors are almost always fake if they are not confirmed by real officials.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
It is not the total number of drones which is unrealistic but the strategy to buy that many of the same type. It would have been more realistic to mix different classes to cover a larger set of missions. A mix of Anka, Aksungur and Akinci in various configurations would have been more realistic.

So, considering that you already have TB2, then suggestion that you will buy 100 more without the others is a bit too unrealistic. Also, these kind of rumors are almost always fake if they are not confirmed by real officials.
You made a valid understandable point. It would be around 64 more if we consider that morocco have already recieved 36 tb2-s. We never know, not always the official that confirms it. Last time halusi akar confirmed that morocco have not recieved any turkish drones, and later the news about morocco acquiring tb2 came out. I agree that the it should be a variaty in acquisition of the drone but i dont think turkey wouold offer any TOT when it comes to the akinci😁

kimov

Committed member
Reactions
1 408
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
You made a valid understandable point. It would be around 64 more if we consider that morocco have already recieved 36 tb2-s. We never know, not always the official that confirms it. Last time halusi akar confirmed that morocco have not recieved any turkish drones, and later the news about morocco acquiring tb2 came out. I agree that the it should be a variaty in acquisition of the drone but i dont think turkey wouold offer any TOT when it comes to the akinci😁
You know that you don't need ToT of everything you buy? You could get full or partial ToT for one type and just purchase for the rest. This way, you learn the basic technology from a simpler drone and get a good understanding on how the more advanced drones are built, operate and perform. You can then develop your own as you see fit.

Honestly, I find ToT rather overvalued when it just say go and buy this or that motor/sensor/pump/... from this supplier and use this software. The difficult part is finding the right employees and having good corporate culture that value development. With these in place together with money, you should be able develop a good drone similar to TB2 within a few years time. Just look at Turkey, from first tactical drones to Akinci in about 10-15y. However, some technology could make sense to from abroad.

Personally, I find ToT is the wrong way for most counties like Morocco. It is better to start the corporation with these companies from the beginning. It could be that you develop the product A for 1B$ in your country and we develop product B for 1B$ in our country, where both parts are needed for the system.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
You know that you don't need ToT of everything you buy? You could get full or partial ToT for one type and just purchase for the rest. This way, you learn the basic technology from a simpler drone and get a good understanding on how the more advanced drones are built, operate and perform. You can then develop your own as you see fit.

Honestly, I find ToT rather overvalued when it just say go and buy this or that motor/sensor/pump/... from this supplier and use this software. The difficult part is finding the right employees and having good corporate culture that value development. With these in place together with money, you should be able develop a good drone similar to TB2 within a few years time. Just look at Turkey, from first tactical drones to Akinci in about 10-15y. However, some technology could make sense to from abroad.

Personally, I find ToT is the wrong way for most counties like Morocco. It is better to start the corporation with these companies from the beginning. It could be that you develop the product A for 1B$ in your country and we develop product B for 1B$ in our country, where both parts are needed for the system.
Offcourse you dont need TOT for anything you buy. Most countries around the world is consumers, and not producers. You make it seem that making a drone like TB2 is a easy task, but thats not the reality. Alot of countries dont have a well educated population like turkey, so " Finding" the right employes dont always work. Morocco wants to start its own domestic industry, but a TOT from turkey regarding the tb2 could be huge value for a country that have never ever produced any platform in its domestic defence industry. Only the structure for the defence industry would take some time. Its not like seljuk bayraktar just came 15 years ago, and started making drones. SSB have been in place for over 30 years.

fushkee

Reactions
4 208
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
I think one of the most priorities should be to secure the engines that will be purchased than Motor Sich and/or Ivchenko Progress. They are very critical products for some of our defense projects. :confused:
Isnt it more secure for motorsich to move its production to more stable country ? What will happen if russia invaded and occupied ukraine and seized motorsich ?

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Isnt it more secure for motorsich to move its production to more stable country ? What will happen if russia invaded and occupied ukraine and seized motorsich ?

The Motor Sich HQ is in Saporischschja.

The Frontline in Donezk is 156km away.

1643126387218.png

and Several Subsidiaries all over Ukraine.

1643126718749.png

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,680
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Engineers, technicians, and blueprints are what really matter. Buildings and old soviet machinery are not important.

tayyare

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is an absurd line of thinking, as if those things are ours to take in case of a Russian invasion. If nothing, strategic importance of these assets for us is all the more reason for Ukraine to hold onto them so they can pursue us to help them.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,680
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Turkish defense industry has better factories and production centers than Motor Sich in terms of modern machinery and modern production capabilities.

Timuçin

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Mongolia
The Turkish defense industry has better factories and production centers than Motor Sich in terms of modern machinery and modern production capabilities.
We don't have the capacity to make engines they make

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom