• 8 aircraft advanced jet trainer
  • 10 aircraft combat aircraft with nose radar and BVR
  • Supersonic speed
  • BVR capability
  • %30 local production
  • Cost: 4 billion RM- 2 billion RM will ve paid via oil product trade
  • Schedule: 35 months after the contract

Contenders:
  • Russia Mig-35: Expensive chioce, costly maintenance. Malaysia had cancelled the similar tender in 2018 due to lack of funds.
  • India LCA: Rumoured that Mk1 has a unit cost around 60 million $. Indian and Russian solutions met the Malaysian requirements but both are expensive solutions. Since Malaysia wants to pay the half of the money via oil trade, The costs become more important in this tender.
  • Turkey Hürjet: Hürjet met all requirements of Malaysian LCA tender on paper (supersonic speeds, BVR, nose radar, combat missions, trainer aircraft) but the aircraft is in prototype production phase so TAI wants Malaysia to participate the production. In fact Signature+36 months: end of 2025 and This date matchs with Hurjet development schedule and so I believe Hürjet is the strongest candidate in this tender
  • China L15: This aircraft is supersonic. Armed variant is for combat missions and this aircraft is using AI-222 turbofan. The US could put pressure on Ukraine and hinder the sale of engines as they did in past and this may frighten the customer but aircraft is a strong candidate in Malaysian tender.
  • Korea F50: This aircraft among all is very strong candidate but F50 has neither nose radar nor the ability to launch a BVR missile. Korea is selling the T50 as a combat variant for air-ground missions.
  • Italy M346: this aircraft can barely reach supersonic speeds and was not developed for the BVR mission. It may be an excellent jet trainer, but it remains a simple competitor in the armed version, considering Malaysian demands.
Hurjet will be new hot thing for exports by TDI, hope that once all tests and procedures are conducted that there will be sufficient production capacities also ready .

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hurjet will be new hot thing for exports by TDI, hope that once all tests and procedures are conducted that there will be sufficient production capacities also ready .

Only if the US does not become adversed to Turkey or to the potential export countries. Why we don't learn from our past mistakes regarding critical parts (propulsion) I don't understand, the only thing that makes sense to me is that there are masochists in the Defence sector.

Twin engined Hurjet would give Turkey so much more options... Ahwell - still my favourite project nonetheless.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Only if the US does not become adversed to Turkey or to the potential export countries. Why we don't learn from our past mistakes regarding critical parts (propulsion) I don't understand, the only thing that makes sense to me is that there are masochists in the Defence sector.

Twin engined Hurjet would give Turkey so much more options... Ahwell - still my favourite project nonetheless.
that should not be questionable at all, they will be and you should put it in equation without any doubts. which is rather disadvantage for the wholesome project.
cross fingers for speedy work on domestic propulsion systems.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nothing new, but it's good that there's traction from international Defence media regarding exports

--

A decades-long export drought for Turkish fixed-wing aircraft is set to come to an end.
The Directorate of Communications, a Turkish government agency, confirmed on 19 November that Hürkus aircraft are being sold to Niger.

In a conversation with his Nigerien counterpart Mohamed Bazoum, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan stated that ‘TB2 drones, Hürkus aircraft, and armoured vehicles that Niger would procure from Turkey would strengthen its military and security forces’.
It is unknown how many aircraft Niger will procure and cost details of the export deal are undisclosed, but the transaction was announced on 11 November by Turkish Aerospace CEO Temel Kotil in an interview with TV channel CNN Turk.
Kotil said that the first Hürkus-B trainer will be delivered to Niger by mid-2022 but he did not specify if the Hürkus-A civilian aircraft and Hürkus-C light attack aircraft have also been sold to the African country. However, Kotil did say in April 2021 that an unnamed country was close to signing a deal for Hürkus-C.
The agreement between Niger and Turkey can be seen as the fruit of an African tour made by Erdogan in October 2021, after which Nigeria ordered a pair of new OPVs from Dearsan.
Just as significant is the fact that the Hürkus deal with Niger is the first overseas sale of Turkish-made fixed-wing aircraft since the 1940s.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,731
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why we don't learn from our past mistakes regarding critical parts (propulsion) I don't understand, the only thing that makes sense to me is that there are masochists in the Defence sector.
The needs are unlimited but the resources are limited.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Turkish made UAV exports map updated with the addition of Niger that is buying TB2 along with Hürkuş.

Last edited:

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
CTech Information Technologies and Tecnobit-Oesia Group signed a cooperation agreement to develop secure satellite communication modems that are resistant to jamming and suppression for fixed and rotary wing aircraft.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom