TR Economy & Updates

M

Manomed

Thats because a average Turk consumes 180 kg bread per year, while a European consume 60 kg per year.

We are consuming to much, for decades, even now in this recession the Super-Dupers like Migros and BIM are full with customers and you see picknicks and barbecue-parties at every corner of the street.

Every commercial at TV or Radio is about Domino's or another food brand. Talkshows and cooking programs. Travelshows in Anatolia about food. Buy 2, pay 1. Buy enough, collect points for more food. Food, food, food.

Last week i took the car to Varto, a little shithole in the most shittiest eastern corner of the Bingöl province. Even in the most smallest village without a dog to live in they were selling and consuming Coca Cola. Unbelievable.

Obesitas and diabetes are the big champions of our society.
Because we can't affor meat unlike europeans

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,047
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
2 chicken breasts are 100 tl right now We can't even afford that.

i checked the migros delivery near my istanbul home,the chicken meat 40-90TL/Kg beef 110-200+TL/kg

i think other place cheaper than Migros?

next month i will back istanbul and take a see

TechNamu

Reactions
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
South Korea
The labor force participation rate fell 0.4 percentage points from a month earlier to 53.2%, the data showed. The number of people in the labor force stood at nearly 34.41 million, with a 182,000 monthly decrease.

The labor force participation rate was 53.2% with a 0.4 percentage point decrease. Also, this rate was 71.3% for men, it was 35.5% for women.

People at the newspaper should proofread the article before they publish it. The article mentions the same thing about the labor force participation rate twice.

The number of employed persons decreased by 46,000 month-over-month to nearly 30.87 million. The employment rate came in at 47.8%, a 0.1 percentage point decrease.

So the Turkish economy actually lost 46,000 jobs in July. The US, Korea, Australia and etc are terrified with the forthcoming recession even though some of those countries are witnessing strong job growth. It is interesting that Turkey is relatively optimistic.

TechNamu

Reactions
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
South Korea
I think Turkey has dodged the worst scenario - Turkey CDS 5 Years is still trading around 735 in USD, but the prices peaked at 900 just a month ago and It could have been worse. Turkish Lira seems to be stabilizing against US dollar at least for now. However, it is still highly probable that Turkey ends up defaulting on its debt and I expect their currency continues to depreciate against USD in the long run. Honestly, I have never lost money by selling short & long on Turkish Lira in past 8 years or so I expect no change unless Turkey is fianlly done with Erdogan.

Last edited:

Fairon

Reactions
6 885
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
i checked the migros delivery near my istanbul home,the chicken meat 40-90TL/Kg beef 110-200+TL/kg

i think other place cheaper than Migros?

next month i will back istanbul and take a see

More or less the price is same everywhere.

Basic things like chicken and meat is became luxury food. Vegetables are also expensive. I don't even want to mention fruits.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,962
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Seriously how the fck do the Gulf Arabs get so much money to buy countries out.

Seriously man money runs this world.

So embarassing. Turkiye has so much potential but it gets willowed away due to stagnation.

Neoliberalism brought by Islamist turgut ozal has made things worse.

We always talked about how Turkiye is going to become like SK or Japan but instead is facing another economic crisis along with stagnation again.

Also tourism should be limited plus they should stop handing out citizenship like candies.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

So embarassing. Turkiye has so much potential but it gets willowed away due to stagnation.

We always talked about how Turkiye is going to become like SK or Japan but instead is facing another economic crisis along with stagnation again.

Also tourism should be limited plus they should stop handing out citizenship like candies.
The answer to that is in the black gold; i-e, Gas and Oil
The West doesmt wanna Turkey get its Med Sea EEZ for a reason

Saudi Arabia imports everything from its daily necessities to its luxurious items; the saudis arent producing a damn thing except oil and are yet recording a monthly current account surplus of 90 billion dollars!, I kid you not!

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If we get 20 billion from SA, than we will always do what SA asks from us.

Thats how these things works.

Everything will change and turns the other way when we invade Greece. The clock is ticking.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,047
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Japan and sk is facing serious problems the JPY falled 30% and japanese government debt 250%,SK brith rate lower than 1

so not Turkiye is going to become like SK or Japan but japan and sk is becoming us.....

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
At this point, if you hear any positive news e.g. a new gas discovery or rare mineral deposits just know its nothing more than propaganda.

They are selling the country for dirt cheap. Not only was this one of Turkey's most promising companies but they have chosen to sell half to a nation that was indirectly killing Turkish soldiers just a couple years ago.

There will be no Operation in Syria but instead you will see the beginning of an economic crisis as the gov beg Russia and the Gulf for cash and cheaper gas in return for Turkey's most prized possessions.

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
They will end up selling all talented and emerging companies ( especially those deemed as national assets) to foreign countries before they lose the election.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
UAE buys 50% stake in Kalyon holdings' subsidary Kalyon enerji
Who will operate the subsidary company now? With Kalyon holding having 50% and UAE having 50%, who will operate the company?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom