Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think Turkey has dodged the worst scenario - Turkey CDS 5 Years is still trading around 735 in USD, but the prices peaked at 900 just a month ago and It could have been worse. Turkish Lira seems to be stabilizing against US dollar at least for now. However, it is still highly probable that Turkey ends up defaulting on its debt and I expect their currency continues to depreciate against USD in the long run. Honestly, I have never lost money by selling short & long on Turkish Lira in past 8 years or so I expect no change unless Turkey is fianlly done with Erdogan.

if they serious about the gas findings in the black sea high chance u will get liquidated in the near future. Even with his stupid policies, as long as they eliminate the trade deficit.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,836
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
And you think only governments can solve these problems?

In Turkeys case its played the biggest role.

Maybe erdogan needs to drop the price for Turkish citizenship, maybe sell more state assets for peanuts, or fill the country with millions more refugees. Maybe these the things they been doing to ruin the economy they need to do more of it.

95% of the problems the Turkish economy faces have been caused by AK party. The Halkbank case hangs over the Turkish economy like a nuclear bomb, but i guess at least the AK party cronies filled their pockets with millions of dollars. They won't go poor, they won't ever scavenge for food in the bins.

Honestly all AK party supporters should move and live in Turkey. Every time i bump into them in england it makes me cringe, in their head erdogan is the great caliph and Turkey is a super power. Meanwhile the Turkish lira is worth less then paper you use to wipe your arse with. I bet none of you AK party supporters hold any of your savings in lira either and you won't dare do it.

But they going to keep defending it, the poverty, the failure, the humiliation. This doesnt even go into erdogan incrementally moving Turkey into a dictatorship where all the media is controlled and you can't dare go against the ruling regime without threat of violence or being locked away.

Do Islamists dream of being slaves to thieves and charlatans?

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,026
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If Akp could fix the economy, it would have fixed it by now. There is an election involved and the losing rate is high, what are they waiting for? Will they invent something new after 2023, do they have a magic wand?

MarcusZidanta

Reactions
1 74
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If Akp could fix the economy, it would have fixed it by now. There is an election involved and the losing rate is high, what are they waiting for? Will they invent something new after 2023, do they have a magic wand?
The problem with the Turkish economy is inflation. Central Bank which needs to be independent, takes orders from Erdogan to keep interest rates low. High interest = low inflation.

High interest rates are like sour medicine, it will lower business investment and cause high unemployment. But in the long term it will fix inflation. Erdogan is thinking short term (2023 elections), if people are unemployed and can't take out mortgages due to 80% interest rates he will lose.

He is going to already lose, but with high Interest rates he will guarantee losing the election.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,516
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why
Just fqing bloody why???😔😔😔😔😔😡😡😡😡
This is the reason why shitty politicians from the CHP are gaining votes
I swear Erdo needs to get his shit together FFS; He will 100% lose the elections at this rate; I dont wanna see the CHP, iYi, or HDP in power for Gods sake

I don't want to see akp in power anymore. It's good that your wish doesn't carry any weight.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
I don't want to see akp in power anymore. It's good that your wish doesn't carry any weight.
With the current alternatives, you guys will regret letting the CHP or iYi win
Both of them are cancerous way more than you think and Iam 100% sure that they will do, just like the AKP, and try to stay in power for as long as possible no jatter the means; yet, this time, they will have Western support

If you wanna replace Erdogan, then replace him with some1 better and not worse for Gods sake!

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,516
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
With the current alternatives, you guys will regret letting the CHP or iYi win
Both of them are cancerous way more than you think and Iam 100% sure that they will do, just like the AKP, and try to stay in power for as long as possible no jatter the means; yet, this time, they will have Western support

If you wanna replace Erdogan, then replace him with some1 better and not worse for Gods sake!
When akp elected they had huge western backing.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
When akp elected they had huge western backing.
Sure they did; and as expected, they were the best western lapdogs ever. Turkey was the first ever non-warring muslim nation to normalise with Israel and yet Turkish citizens got killed by Israel; Turkey licked the Western boots soo much and yet the West betrayed Turkey the most when they needed the West to support Turkey after they downed the Russian jet. How the hell did the radical kurds gain power? It is because the AKP was pro-western till 2012! Now that the radical kurds are getting rekt, the CHP is extending a hand to the kurds to gain western support!. The HDP are now singing PKK slogans in Istanbul thx to the CHP

If the CHP won, it will only prove one thing to me and that is...."if you wanna rule Turkey, you ought to get the Western blessings first than to get turkish ppl satisfaction"

And above all, I hate two-faced bastards the most. This guy isnt even the president and he is acting like the best friend for pro-western, pro-russian, pro-lgbt, pro-russian, pro-kurdish and even promised to release kavala and demirtas. How on earth will you please all those groups at the same time even though some ar like fire and water

Wtf do you expect from such ppl? The fact that you believe that they will improve Turkey is just outright ridiculous. As i said before, I believe Erdo needs to go, but he should be replaced by a better person and not worse... Period!

Last edited:

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sure they did; and as expected, they were the best western lapdogs ever. Turkey was the first ever non-warring muslim nation to normalise with Israel and yet Turkish citizens got killed by Israel; Turkey licked the Western boots soo much and yet the West betrayed Turkey the most when they needed the West to support Turkey after they downed the Russian jet. How the hell did the radical kurds gain power? It is because the AKP was pro-western till 2012! Now that the radical kurds are getting rekt, the CHP is extending a hand to the kurds to gain western support!. The HDP are now singing PKK slogans in Istanbul thx to the CHP

If the CHP won, it will only prove one thing to me and that is...."if you wanna rule Turkey, you ought to get the Western blessings first than to get turkish ppl satisfaction"

And above all, I hate two-faced bastards the most. This guy isnt even the president and he is acting like the best friend for pro-western, pro-russian, pro-lgbt, pro-russian, pro-kurdish and even promised to release kavala and demirtas. How on earth will you please all those groups at the same time even though some ar like fire and water

Wtf do you expect from such ppl? The fact that you believe that they will improve Turkey is just outright ridiculous. As i said before, I believe Erdo needs to go, but he should be replaced by a better person and not worse... Period!

Oh please, not that dwarf clown.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
"New figures show, Americans are visiting Turkey in record number."

Where are Chinese people? We have still a negative trade record of $17 billion with China!

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,821
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Why is he reading sayyid qutb?

The man was a conservative who saw the modern world a threat to his way of life.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,083
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Hi guys ! I think this guy offer an interesting point of view.
I am curious about your comments on this.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,023
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
All the 1.5 billion people?
They even can’t renew their passport

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom