Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
You are full of prejudice.

Who needs 1+1 in the middle of nowhere.
And you are so far up that you ignore the rest of what I wrote.

Ehy was it built in the first place ? Was there a city planning that got scrapped afterwards ?

1+1 is perfect for singles or old ppl. Look beyond you devotion of AKP and ask questions.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,079
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Ehy was it built in the first place ? Was there a city planning that got scrapped afterwards ?

1+1 is perfect for singles or old ppl. Look beyond you devotion of AKP and ask questions.
You accuse AK Parti off the bat, no matter what.
1+1 is only suitable for students, no Turkish citizen will buy a house so tiny like that to live in. 1+1 is not a Turkish thing.
They can not sell them to people and that's why they will only rent them if they ever can. And I think location is not good either. However after 18 years past they may be seeing a chance to make them attractive somehow because of urban expansion or something. They shouldn't have been built 1+1.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

@Zafer come tell us what grand plans AKP and RTE has for developments. Since you are a pro AKP supporter, you should be able to find their grand plans for developing Turkey and how they will spend the budget for 2021.

Share that with us, so we can read and learn.

EDIT:

Woah... concealing controversial projects ?

Last edited:
S

Sinan

You accuse AK Parti off the bat, no matter what.
1+1 is only suitable for students, no Turkish citizen will buy a house so tiny like that to live in. 1+1 is not a Turkish thing.
They can not sell them to people and that's why they will only rent them if they ever can. And I think location is not good either. However after 18 years past they may be seeing a chance to make them attractive somehow because of urban expansion or something. They shouldn't have been built 1+1.
Guys, don't discuss in vain. 1 + 1s still being build. As long as there is demand for it, constractors will continue to build them.

However they are not in demand like 4+1 and 3+1. They generally do it on the first 3 floors and build the rest on 3+1s and 4+1s. And not in every project. If it was upto contractors they would like to build 1+1s since they generate more money from them.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Guys, don't discuss in vain. 1 + 1s still being build. As long as there is demand for it, constractors will continue to build them.

However they are not in demand like 4+1 and 3+1. They generally do it on the first 3 floors and build the rest on 3+1s and 4+1s. And not in every project. If it was upto contractors they would like to build 1+1s since they generate more money from them.
My initial goal was to ask a question and have people think, how an investment project on 400 housings in Ankara could be left unattended for 18 years, and perhaps some may know the reason for why it was not used.

It is a waste of money to invest in these projects if there is no need, which is where transparency and accountability comes into the fray.

I could only find material for Mamak development from 2008, even that development plan is full of problems. Which is not something ppl in Turkey are generally aware of since I would assume every city has one or two of such problems, so they've got their own issues to deal with.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,079
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

The location also matters, a 1+1 in the hub of the city is an attractive proposition while you look for a better value at the outskirts of the city.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
1603452200509.png

Mamak Araplar Mahallesi where the apartsments seems to be located. Found out from the two articles below.

Additional information on the Mamak developments.

Forum where ppl from Mamak ask questions I think:

Seems the apartments that are empty were built by Mamak municipality.

Governor of Mamak

Person in charge of Mamak in 2002:

== AKP (well at least later on, I don't know if he was in AKP in 2002).

Last edited:
S

Sinan

My initial goal was to ask a question and have people think, how an investment project on 400 housings in Ankara could be left unattended for 18 years, and perhaps some may know the reason for why it was not used.

It is a waste of money to invest in these projects if there is no need, which is where transparency and accountability comes into the fray.

I could only find material for Mamak development from 2008, even that development plan is full of problems. Which is not something ppl in Turkey are generally aware of since I would assume every city has one or two of such problems, so they've got their own issues to deal with.
There is no city planning in Ankara, everything made for Gökçek and other AKP members to get rich.

Today, we are facing massive traffic problems, no green areas and not enough metro lines.

We have decent laws and regulations, but those terms means nothing in Turkey.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
57 28,559
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Production of cruise ships started for the first time in Yalova shipyards. 4 ship orders have been received now.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
10 4,934
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
We have the labour power but it will never be as cheap to produce in Turkey.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
This was being pronounced for a while now; we will have to summon everyone between the age of 15 and 65 to counter this.
We have plenty of people, when they move they will automate more processes to bring down the cost.

I just hope we have enough graduates with vocational background, they’re highly sought after in developed countries.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

While I think it's good that they employ more ppl, if the products are coming/being sent from China then I wish more focus and support are given to similar companies in Turkey.

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
With the devaluation of the lira, what are the chances that Turkey resorts to asking China for economic help?

I hope this is not the case given China's reputation with debt-trap diplomacy, and I would imagine a number of sanctions from the west would come with it.

Top Bottom