Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 588
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't get why people are making a big deal out of paying for Russian gas in rubles. Germany and Italy are already doing the same thing but when Turkiye does it, its bad. WTF is with that logic.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't get why people are making a big deal out of paying for Russian gas in rubles. Germany and Italy are already doing the same thing but when Turkiye does it, its bad. WTF is with that logic.
No logic. Just Erdogan/AKP hate. They are blind like the AKP fanboys.

Last edited:

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You are sure what is the deal we are against here? Or let me ask straightly, we are talking here about Mir card deal and attending shangay organization meeting !!

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
No logic. Just Erdogan/AKP hate. They are blind like the AKP fanboys.
Same for you, have you read all the things talked in the tweet??
Which country uses Mir card in Europe ?? Which country attending shangay organization meeting other than u sin eu or nato??

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Same for you, have you read all the things talked in the tweet??
Which country uses Mir card in Europe ?? Which country attending shangay organization meeting other than u sin eu or nato??

No, I am the most pragmatic people on earth.

Why we are using MIR cards? Any idea?
Yes, we are part of NATO. You know the history, why they let us in? About EU aspirations. You think they will ever let us be a full member?

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
If we can’t get in EU. What are the alternatives? Before we decide to get in any organizations, we have to strengthen our relation with EU and US by updating customer union with a EU and trade agreement with USA.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,004
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Alarm mounts in western capitals over Turkey’s deepening ties with Russia​

Officials warn of retaliation if Ankara helps Moscow evade sanctions after Erdoğan and Putin agree to increase co-operation

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
10 4,934
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
But the EU still imports Russian Gas, they are blowing billions of $$$ every month into Moscows three letters and after all that they make such statements :ROFLMAO:

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,698
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

Alarm mounts in western capitals over Turkey’s deepening ties with Russia​

Officials warn of retaliation if Ankara helps Moscow evade sanctions after Erdoğan and Putin agree to increase co-operation
It is truly funny when the West themselves threaten Turkey over co-operating with Russia when they themselves are the main reason for the massive surplus Russia has every month; from Greece all the way to Hungary and Germany

It is truly funny watching such hypocrites in action and they are wondering why on earth are their dominance over international politics is waning and is b3ing replaced by new actors like China; simply because of such bullshit

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,839
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

Do we buy rubles with American Dollar or Turkish lira?

Because if we have to use american dollars that means we incur a cost to acquire dollars first and we incur another cost to transfer dollars into rubles second, which are then used to buy gas?

If we can use Turkish lira then its not a bad thing, but i don't see Russia accepting the exceptionally weak and exceptionally volatile Turkish lira as a payment, in which they would then have to use to buy dollars from us. The Turkish lira under erdogan has pretty much been reduced to toilet paper status.

Last edited:

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
27 4,547
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do we buy rubles with American Dollar or Turkish lira?
I can't wrap my head around this too. My thinking is that you have to have a seller who has rubles and going to accept your liras in exchange for rubles in order to buy them(Rubles) with liras. Otherwise, the de-facto currency is dollar. And we have to first buy dollar then convert it to ruble and make the payment. But I don't understand what difference that makes for Russia. Normally we pay with dollars, afaik. Those dollars should make Ruble stronger because of the improved Ruble/Dollar rate in Russia's market. So I'm confused. Maybe someone with financial literacy can clarify?

Last edited:

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,839
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I can't wrap my head around this too. My thinking is that you have to have a seller who has rubles and going to accept your liras in exchange for rubles in order to buy them(Rubles) with liras. Otherwise, the de-facto currency is dollar. And we have to first buy dollar then convert it to ruble and make the payment. But I don't understand what difference that makes for Russia. Normally we pay with dollars, afaik. Those dollars should make Ruble stronger because of the improved Ruble/Dollar rate in Russia's market. So I'm confused. Maybe someone with financial literacy can clarify?

Could be another iranian style sanction busting scam.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,916
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
SImply, to piss Europe off; moreover, it will alleviate some of the pressure on the Turkish Central Bank foreign reserve
Those pricks have been way too overbearing just like the Russians; have you seen what they called the Turks when they refused Finland and Sweden's accession to NATO
This isn't going to piss Europe off, this is just going to give them more ammunition to shit on Turkey.

It won't alleviate any pressure on the central bank, it will just give the Russians more leverage in any deals with Turkey.

Erdogan has been unusually stupid in his deals with Russia. It's almost like he's deliberately holding back, like Russia has blackmail material on him.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,568
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
1659878307157.png

Interesting where Turkey is. Yet it is not enough for our own use.

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 46837
Interesting where Turkey is. Yet it is not enough for our own use.

Thats because a average Turk consumes 180 kg bread per year, while a European consume 60 kg per year.

We are consuming to much, for decades, even now in this recession the Super-Dupers like Migros and BIM are full with customers and you see picknicks and barbecue-parties at every corner of the street.

Every commercial at TV or Radio is about Domino's or another food brand. Talkshows and cooking programs. Travelshows in Anatolia about food. Buy 2, pay 1. Buy enough, collect points for more food. Food, food, food.

Last week i took the car to Varto, a little shithole in the most shittiest eastern corner of the Bingöl province. Even in the most smallest village without a dog to live in they were selling and consuming Coca Cola. Unbelievable.

Obesitas and diabetes are the big champions of our society.

Last edited:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,568
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thats because a average Turk consumes 180 kg bread per year, while a European consume 60 kg per year.

We are consuming to much, for decades, even now in this recession the Super-Dupers like Migros and BIM are full with customers and you see picknicks and barbecue-parties at every corner of the street.

Every commercial at TV or Radio is about Domino's or another food brand. Talkshows and cooking programs. Travelshows in Anatolia about food. Buy 2, pay 1. Buy enough, collect points for more food. Food, food, food.

Last week i took the car to Varto, a little shithole in the most shittiest eastern corner of the Bingöl province. Even in the most smallest village without a dog to live in they were selling and consuming Coca Cola. Unbelievable.

I won’t go in to numbers. But ; Yes. We eat too much wheat products in Turkey. We are a nation that eats rice and lentils with bread. (mind you English have Chip-butties . They put fried potatoes in to bread buns and eat it) But Turkey is a large producer of wheat products like pasta and semolina etc. So the use of wheat is high.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,023
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

We wastes many many bread everyday

many restaurants keep provide bread when i order many other meals

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom