Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

1614702634600.png

1614702647200.png

S

Sinan

I agree with what you're saying, I'm just pointing out that this is a problem that faces 90% of countries, and if anything, Turkey is in a better position than most.
Yeah, i get you. We are Europe's youngest nation.

However it doesn't change the fact that, we will be having aged population problem if this trend continues and nothing is done.

Looking to worse countries and saying "we are better than them" doesn't fix the problem for us.

Vivid1

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Israel
Yeah, i get you. We are Europe's youngest nation.

However it doesn't change the fact that, we will be having aged population problem if this trend continues and nothing is done.

Looking to worse countries and saying "we are better than them" doesn't fix the problem for us.
Yes, Turkey should utilize its young population and proximity to Europe and MENA.
As I said there is enormous potential for Turkey to become successful.

When GDP per capita hits $12,500 (hopefully), young people from neighbouring countries will come pouring in.
Massive brain gain (opposite of brain drain) could happen from MENA, Caucuses, and the Balkans - this has happened before during 2007-2013.

When you become a HIC (high-income country) everything becomes easier. You can accept a bunch of immigrants to prop up your demographics.
With reforms and a friendly investment climate, Turkey should recover in no time.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

:( I think economic reform, budget discipline and accountability of government spendings are necessary with regard to infrastructure projects and such.

I read an article yesterday that a tunnel would bring travel time down to 3 minutes from 15 minutes in Kizilcahamam (maybe I got the name wrong). But seriously ? 15 minutes should be compared to the cost of that tunnel, and how much road usage there is.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Green Economy sounds good in my ears, but here is the deal. Developed countries are much better positioned to win that race than developing countries. This due to IP, innovation etc. While developing countries still need to build that solid foundation.

IMO Turkey should embrace both aspects and optimize where it can, but don't give in where we can get most out of resources. The same applies to India, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc. etc.

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
4 3,487
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
Nah bro, it’s all great.

High inflation- High Interest rates- High unemployment- High Debts- Weak currency... But Turkish economy is flying high. You just can’t see the grand scheme. #DEVAM 😁

379B81B3-0311-4FEC-A5AC-640319B637E8.jpeg

4A57DC50-25E1-45BF-8384-D36D533A1B08.jpeg

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well, you can throw all those economic systems and demographic models in the trash if every population is fully vaccinated. Every country or state will lose 50% of their population.

Its like the Blip (vaccine) of Thanos (Bill Gates) in End Game (Covid Pandemic).

Hollywood really foreshadowed it.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,516
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well, you can throw all those economic systems and demographic models in the trash if every population is fully vaccinated. Every country or state will lose 50% of their population.

Its like the Blip (vaccine) of Thanos (Bill Gates) in End Game (Covid Pandemic).

Hollywood really foreshadowed it.
Cool scenario

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Doomed to fail, maybe not as bad as 90’s early 2k, but still a policy designed to keep inflation high so investments etc can continue and population continue struggling.

Only active policy aimed at beating back inflation and reducing debt to 0 will work.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Do we dare hope that it’s a person like Minister of Economy who replaced RTE son in law

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
10 4,934
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Netherlands literally feeds the world, this is soft power. Desert country Israel becomes a agricultural giant using smart management.
While some people in our country make fun about "saman" and import food from foreign countries our farmers are dying financially even though we have fertile soil, water and perfect weather conditions. Another unused potential of our country...

"The Netherlands is one of the world's largest agricultural producers, exporting 65 billion Euros worth of vegetables, fruit, flowers, meat and dairy products each year."

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom