TR Foreign Policy & Geopolitics

T

Turko

Ukrainians named hostile countries

TEXT: OLGA YANIVI, 10 December 2021

Over the past year, Ukrainians have improved their attitude towards Britain and Turkey, but their attitude towards Belarus has significantly deteriorated.

The Ukrainians named the hostile countries. There were two of them - Russia and Belarus. Moreover, the attitude towards the latter state has deteriorated significantly over the past year. This is evidenced by the results of a survey by the Sociological Group Rating.

Thus, the majority of respondents (72%) consider the Russian Federation a hostile country. 12% of the respondents called it a union.

A year ago, Belarus was considered hostile by 22% of Ukrainians, but now there are almost twice as many of them - 48%.

According to the respondents, Ukraine's allies are:

Poland (67%),

Canada and the United States (61%),

Lithuania (59%),

UK (56%),

Turkey (52%),

France and Germany (51%),

China (22%). This country is rather called neutral.

It is noted that over the past year, Ukrainians have improved their attitude towards Great Britain and Turkey.

The survey was conducted by the sociological group Rating on November 6-8, 2021 among 2500 respondents throughout Ukraine, with the exception of the territories occupied by Russia. Interview method: CATI (Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing - telephone interviews using a computer). Research representativeness error: no more than 2.0%.

HaZZan

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Western Sahara
Far right Eric Zemmour will visit Armenia for four days calling it a long-time friend of France.
While Zemmour is trying to win the votes of the Armenians, Macron is trying to improve his relations with Algeria to win more North African votes.
It is likely that Macron will win the presidency because he is the least bad among the candidates.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Ukrainians named hostile countries

TEXT: OLGA YANIVI, 10 December 2021

Over the past year, Ukrainians have improved their attitude towards Britain and Turkey, but their attitude towards Belarus has significantly deteriorated.

The Ukrainians named the hostile countries. There were two of them - Russia and Belarus. Moreover, the attitude towards the latter state has deteriorated significantly over the past year. This is evidenced by the results of a survey by the Sociological Group Rating.

Thus, the majority of respondents (72%) consider the Russian Federation a hostile country. 12% of the respondents called it a union.

A year ago, Belarus was considered hostile by 22% of Ukrainians, but now there are almost twice as many of them - 48%.

According to the respondents, Ukraine's allies are:

Poland (67%),

Canada and the United States (61%),

Lithuania (59%),

UK (56%),

Turkey (52%),

France and Germany (51%),

China (22%). This country is rather called neutral.

It is noted that over the past year, Ukrainians have improved their attitude towards Great Britain and Turkey.

The survey was conducted by the sociological group Rating on November 6-8, 2021 among 2500 respondents throughout Ukraine, with the exception of the territories occupied by Russia. Interview method: CATI (Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing - telephone interviews using a computer). Research representativeness error: no more than 2.0%.
I'm genuinely surprised that Turkey wasn't higher but then I remember that Ukrainians are still kinda wary of authoritarian governments and Erdogan's technically qualifies so it makes sense. Also Turks mostly had a reputation as sex tourists before but now it's more along the lines of engineers and skilled professionals coming in to help Ukraine build itself up so maybe that helped.

Surprised that France and Germany are this high though. You'd think Ukrainians would pull the wool off their eyes after getting thrown under the bus for the fifteenth time in exchange for Russian gas.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,050
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Its a block that is in the South, but still worth paying attention to.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,050
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Whats this stupid ass gremlin going to do? I hope he can cross into Turkey so the Turkish border guards can blow his brains off.

Shoot a presidential candidate in France in Turkey? Think before you post please.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,954
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Zemmour Quote...
"I would like to tell the Armenians how they have been a role model of resistance for centuries."

1920 Armenian Forces were crushed in Kars, Kazim Karabekir Pasha captured Gyumri 7 days later and was preparing for Yerevan when Armenians surrendered and signed a Treaty entirely prepared by Turks, without having their own input... There is a Armenian state because Turkish mercy.

So my question what does he mean with resistance? The gathering and crying orgies infront of foreign embassies etc.?

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,003
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Zemmour Quote...
"I would like to tell the Armenians how they have been a role model of resistance for centuries."

1920 Armenian Forces were crushed in Kars, Kazim Karabekir Pasha captured Gyumri 7 days later and was preparing for Yerevan when Armenians surrendered and signed a Treaty entirely prepared by Turks, without having their own input... There is a Armenian state because Turkish mercy.

So my question what does he mean with resistance? The gathering and crying orgies infront of foreign embassies etc.?

Centuries of Armenian resistance a timeline.

Romans weaken they jump onto the Persians.

Persians weaken they jump back to the Romans.

Both Persians and Romans weaken so they jump to the Arabs.

Arabs weaken so they go back to the Romans

Eastern Romans weaken so they jump onto the Turks

Crusaders come as the Seljuks collapse the Armenians jump onto them

Mongols come to the Middle East and the Armenians join them

Armenians join the Ottomans, Safavids, Afsharids and the Qajars.

Ottoman Empire and Turkic ruled Iran weaken themselves over time which leads to Russia becoming the strong player. Armenians latch onto the Russians.

Here you go the myth of so called Armenian reaistance busted. They survived because they latched onto anybody who was the strongest.

I gotta hand it to the Zengids and Timur they were ruthless against the Armenians and did not play into their game.

M

Manomed

Our goverment is so retarded syrians captured Hatay without even sending a army Something has to be done against this silent invasion. refugees has to go or We'll loose hatay they breed like rabbits

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,003
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Our goverment is so retarded syrians captured Hatay without even sending a army Something has to be done against this silent invasion. refugees has to go or We'll loose hatay they breed like rabbits

Government does not care because they want to be seen as tolerant.

Erdogan even apologised for Dersim.

Erdogan is even allowing an Assyrian church to be built in Istanbul.

Thats how retarded they are. They want to bring that bs Ottoman tolerance.

Look what happened when the Seljuks and the Ottomans had tolerance their empire collapsed. Only thing they did was appease non Turks over time both empires weakened then turned against them.

Mark my words the Republic of Turkey is going to end up the same way. I know a lot of people are gonna call me racist for this. But I think its time people woke up.

M

Manomed

Government does not care because they want to be seen as tolerant.

Erdogan even apologised for Dersim.

Erdogan is even allowing an Assyrian church to be built in Istanbul.

Thats how retarded they are. Tbey want to bring that bs Ottoman tolerance.

Look what happened when the Seljuks and the Ottomans had tolerance their empire collapsed. Only thing they did was appease non Turks over time both empires weakened then turned against them.

Mark my words the Republic of Turkey is going to end up the same way. I know a lot of people are gonna call me racist for this. But I think its time people woke up.
If this goes like that We will loose antakya and Hatay without even firing bullet

Turks are a Minority in hatay NOW This is the place where we nearly went to fight against syrians and Soviets
But now Its lost without a Invasion what can I say.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
If this goes like that We will loose antakya and Hatay without even firing bullet

Turks are a Minority in hatay NOW This is the place where we nearly went to fight against syrians and Soviets
But now Its lost without a Invasion what can I say.
You are wrong with your numbers. As an inhabitant of Hatay , let me enlighten you a bit:
Without being “too precise” :
1. Hatay population was around 1.5 million. 500 thousand of these were of Arab descent. These people are predominantly true Kemalists and followers of Ataturk’s revolutions. (They have become even more so after the Syrian influx, after having seen what a mess the Arab countries are in) They see themselves as Turkish.
2. There are just under 450thousand refugees in Hatay. Most of these are housed in camps.
3. Out of every 4 people, 1 person is Syrian in Hatay.

But we do need to get these refugees go back to Syria.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,003
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have something against low-quality posts.

Nobody cares if eric zemmour wants to pick a fight with Turkey he can feel free to do it.

If he had balls he should have visited Agri Dagi. Then again that mountain is in Turkey 🤣

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hatay became Turkish due to the Turkish people not the Arabs.

Majority of the Arabs voted to be part of Syria. Dont be naive about them being Kemalists.

Dont underestimate race and tribalism as Arabs would easily break Hatay away from Turkey.
1. Pls Don’t call people naive without knowing the true history of the region. Are you from this area? I lived with these people for over 60 years. Since 1959, I went to school with them. I worked with them. They weren’t always this much pro Kemalism. But the newer generations are now brought up as true Kemalists. You can not find one that supports current government. They are not like the Arabs of Urfa and Mardin. Don’t try to be a “know-all” from down under!
2. Arabs of Hatay are mainly Alawites. They were promised a better standing and say in Hatay and they voted for the integration of Hatay Republic that was formed in September 1938 to be part of Turkey in June 1939 at a plebiscite. Alawites were the minority in Syria. (They still are ; 13% to 74%). They did not like the way they were treated by the Sunni Syrian majority. So they went along with the Turkish cause. Many old Hatay residents that were living in other parts of Turkey were also shipped back to Iskenderun to make up the numbers. But without the support of the Alawites it would not have happened. 220,000 inhabitants of Hatay was made up of 46% Arabs (28% Alawites, 10% Sunni, 8% Christians), 39% Turks, 11% Armenians.
3. A lot of the Arabs of Hatay , today, have the notion that they are descendants of Eti Turks who were assimilated by Arabs, as per Ataturk’s theory that Hatay has been a “Turkish land for 40 centuries and can not be left to the enemy”. As per written on the main monument in the centre of Iskenderun. Ataturk brought out a theory that Sumerians and Hittites were proto Turks. There are nearly 500 words in old Sumerian that has Turkic connotations. It may be far fetched and open to a lot of discussions and arguments. But it is nevertheless a point of convergence for the people.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom