Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
“We condemn in the strongest terms the unprecedented violation of national sovereignty by two Turkish fighters jets that illegally entered our national airspace and approached Alexandroupolis at a distance of only 2.5 nautical miles.

This action is a very clear escalation of the Turkish provocation.

It is part of Turkey’s effort to promote its neo-Ottoman revisionism, violating all the fundamental rules of international law.

This undermines the cohesion and immediate priorities of NATO, and poses a clear threat to the European Union at a critical juncture, as the port of Alexandroupolis is a key transport hub for strengthening our allies.

By order of Minister Nikos Dendias, the Secretary General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Themistoklis Demiris, made an immediate and intense protest to the Turkish Ambassador in Athens.

Instructions were given to inform our allies and partners, as well as the EU, NATO and the UN.”

Attachments

• Alexandroupolis.jpg
    Alexandroupolis.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 59

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,520
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
“We condemn in the strongest terms the unprecedented violation of national sovereignty by two Turkish fighters jets that illegally entered our national airspace and approached Alexandroupolis at a distance of only 2.5 nautical miles.

This action is a very clear escalation of the Turkish provocation.

It is part of Turkey’s effort to promote its neo-Ottoman revisionism, violating all the fundamental rules of international law.

This undermines the cohesion and immediate priorities of NATO, and poses a clear threat to the European Union at a critical juncture, as the port of Alexandroupolis is a key transport hub for strengthening our allies.

By order of Minister Nikos Dendias, the Secretary General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Themistoklis Demiris, made an immediate and intense protest to the Turkish Ambassador in Athens.

Instructions were given to inform our allies and partners, as well as the EU, NATO and the UN.”

But why are they flying so close to the Greek airspace ? I don’t understand. Or am I missing something ?

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just think about this:

- Ekrem Imamoglu, is the FIRST mayor in the history of the Turkish Republic, who visited Greece after his election victory.

He laughed and chit-chatted with greaseballs like Mitsotakis and Dendias and took pictures together posing in front of a big Pontus-Greece map.

And all his supporters were silent.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,001
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just think about this:

- Ekrem Imamoglu, is the FIRST mayor in the history of the Turkish Republic, who visited Greece after his election victory.

He laughed and chit-chatted with greaseballs like Mitsotakis and Dendias and took pictures together posing in front of a big Pontus-Greece map.

And all his supporters were silent.

Ekremcis are no different than Tayyipcis. You cant critise their god.

Avanti

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
How ridiculous that you have to remind someone to end their arms embargo if they want to join your military alliance. The arrogance & ignorance of these "civilized" Europeans countries knows no end.

I think many of them are truly upset about the fact that Turkey is more powerful, relevant and important geopolitically for NATO than they can ever be. The thought that a (inferior) country like Turkey could reject and not be dictated what to do probably didn't even cross their mind

Sami1234

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
How ridiculous that you have to remind someone to end their arms embargo if they want to join your military alliance. The arrogance & ignorance of these "civilized" Europeans countries knows no end.

I think many of them are truly upset about the fact that Turkey is more powerful, relevant and important geopolitically for NATO than they can ever be. The thought that a (inferior) country like Turkey could reject and not be dictated what to do probably didn't even cross their mind
Let me tell i know these libtards very well, because Turkeiy is a Muslim country.
Muslim = Uncivilized.
Not Muslim = we don't care.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Erdogan is really holding out well till now
Since the enemy isnt the mighty US, it seems that Erdogan is really set up on taking concessions from Finland and Sweden; unlike with the case of Pastor Brunson (or whatever he was called)

Going by social media, Finns seem to be way more reasonable than Swedes. Seem a bit confused by YPG accusations but actually willing to listen and don't try to hurl accusations of Kurdish genocide or defending PKK unlike Swedes who behave like really sanctimonious pricks online for the most part.

Never would've thought that Finns with their cold reputation would end up being the nicer party of the two.

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,520
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Going by social media, Finns seem to be way more reasonable than Swedes. Seem a bit confused by YPG accusations but actually willing to listen and don't try to hurl accusations of Kurdish genocide or defending PKK unlike Swedes who behave like really sanctimonious pricks online for the most part.

Never would've thought that Finns with their cold reputation would end up being the nicer party of the two.

Erdogan should allow Finland and say no to Sweden. They will be pissed off even more lol.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,258
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah. Finland is showing its will to listen and bar an insignificant MP or two, they haven't approached the issue with arrogance like Sweden.
Besides, I really like their PM.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think we should tone down and assign two reviewers/reporters to Sweden and Finland. We should get routine update reports from assigned staff about how Sweden and Finland are addressing our concerns. Of course, this should be a never-ending process like the EU process of Turkiye.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think we should tone down and assign two reviewers/reporters to Sweden and Finland. We should get routine update reports from assigned staff about how Sweden and Finland are addressing our concerns. Of course, this should be a never-ending process like the EU process of Turkiye.

^this but ^this³

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 690
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
Is there going to be a 2nd coup later because Turkey says no? https://tass.com/world/889638?utm_s...m_campaign=google.com&utm_referrer=google.com

Russia warned Turkey of imminent army coup, says Iran’s FNA

The news agency referred to several Arab media outlets quoting diplomats from Ankara

TEHRAN, July 21. /TASS/. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan reportedly received from Russia a warning about an imminent military coup hours before it was initiated, Iranian Fars News Agency (FNA) said on Wednesday.

The news agency referred to several Arab media outlets quoting diplomats from Ankara who said that Turkey’s National Intelligence Organization "received intel from its Russian counterpart that warned of an impending coup".

The warning was basing on data that Russian military in the region received intercepting "highly sensitive army exchanges and encoded radio messages showing that the Turkish army was readying to stage a coup," it went on.

In particular, they reportedly discussed plans to dispatch several army helicopters to the hotel (in Marmaris) where Erdogan stayed to arrest or kill him, it said.

"The diplomats were not sure of the Russian station that had intercepted the exchanges, but said the Russian army intelligence unit deployed in Khmeimim (also called Hmeimim) in Syria's Northern province of Lattakia is reportedly equipped with state-of-the-art electronic and eavesdropping systems to gather highly sensitive information," Fars said.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom