Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
As everybody else pointed out already nothing changes as those are just promises, there is nothing that forces those countries to stop the support to Turkeys enemies.
Not only is the NATo bargainin chip is also worth nothing but now there are two new hostile countries in the alliance.

Erdo is on fast track in ruining the country from inside and out.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,149
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
there is nothing that forces those countries to stop the support to Turkeys enemies.
If we promised them something, they promised us something.
If they won't stand by their promises, we don't have to keep our promises. Remember, they are still not NATO members. And in order for them to become a member, our approval must pass through the Turkish Grand National Assembly.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,962
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
If they won't stand by their promises, we don't have to keep our promises. Remember, they are still not NATO members. And in order for them to become a member, our approval must pass through the Turkish Grand National Assembly.

So lets say within the next month they join NATO, what do you do 3 months down the line when its clear they are still supporting terrorists against you? The Turkish grand national assembly will mean nothing and erdogan will claim again "I was deceived". Already this nonsense agreement shows you the signs of things to come, that neither finland or sweden are taking Turkish concerns seriously.

So while they need us to let them in, they dont care about our concerns, once they are in they are going shit on Turkey and laugh about it to your faces. They are going to continue to financially support and arm extreme left wing Marxist terrorist to kill the Turkish people in all sorts of terror related attacks, meanwhile they are going to belittle Turkey about not being democratic and human rights abuses.

The terrorist they arm that destroy the livelihood of humans is not important to them, meanwhile they care about human rights abuses in Turkey. They only care about it so long as it can be used as tool against Turkey and her people.

Remember there is already NATO nations within the alliance that support the same terrorists against Turkey like France, there is nothing you can do to remove them from NATO. Instead what happens the French try to use NATO to harm and pressure Turkey from within.

If you constantly act like an idiot and a coward, then your getting screwed that is the law of nature. No amount of Allah worship will change that. This is why the Palestinians today scream for Allah as the Isrealis crush them over and humiliate them. Palestine is pretty much finished, its maybe 50 years from not existing. You can go back and trace the dumb moves the Ottomans made and the dumb moves the Arabs made that sealed their fate today.

You play stupid games you always win stupid prizes.

Don't ever think what is happening the Palestinians or the Uyghurs cannot come to Turkey directly one day, it takes a long line of silly geopolitical moves and before you know you know it you are being trampled on and humilated.

This is why i keep saying, only results matter in politics. Stop being brainwashed by ideologies and rhetoric, they are there to win, to perform and no less. Pay no attention to Kuran waving or the flag waving, everything has to be about results.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
its really naive to assume they change their course, i just lurked inside their subreddits and it seems they are already looking for ways to ignore the requests for pkk fighters lel

https://www.reddit.com/r/sweden/comments/vnc38j
hopefully this will be similar to türkiyes eu membership where we will just refuse to ratify their membership.

Also the TSK needs to start sooner rather then later the operations now.

B.t.N

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
So lets say within the next month they join NATO, what do you do 3 months down the line when its clear they are still supporting terrorists against you? The Turkish grand national assembly will mean nothing and erdogan will claim again "I was deceived". Already this nonsense agreement shows you the signs of things to come, that neither finland or sweden are taking Turkish concerns seriously.

So while they need us to let them in, they dont care about our concerns, once they are in they are going shit on Turkey and laugh about it to your faces. They are going to continue to financially support and arm extreme left wing Marxist terrorist to kill the Turkish people in all sorts of terror related attacks, meanwhile they are going to belittle Turkey about not being democratic and human rights abuses.

The terrorist they arm that destroy the livelihood of humans is not important to them, meanwhile they care about human rights abuses in Turkey. They only care about it so long as it can be used as tool against Turkey and her people.

Remember there is already NATO nations within the alliance that support the same terrorists against Turkey like France, there is nothing you can do to remove them from NATO. Instead what happens the French try to use NATO to harm and pressure Turkey from within.

If you constantly act like an idiot and a coward, then your getting screwed that is the law of nature. No amount of Allah worship will change that. This is why the Palestinians today scream for Allah as the Isrealis crush them over and humiliate them. Palestine is pretty much finished, its maybe 50 years from not existing. You can go back and trace the dumb moves the Ottomans made and the dumb moves the Arabs made that sealed their fate today.

You play stupid games you always win stupid prizes.

Don't ever think what is happening the Palestinians or the Uyghurs cannot come to Turkey directly one day, it takes a long line of silly geopolitical moves and before you know you know it you are being trampled on and humilated.

This is why i keep saying, only results matter in politics. Stop being brainwashed by ideologies and rhetoric, they are there to win, to perform and no less. Pay no attention to Kuran waving or the flag waving, everything has to be about results.
Your words are loud and clear, however, it is too soon to come up with conclusions as we know very little about the talks/bargains behind closed doors! I‘d like to know where you stand, so do you have ideas (or suggestions) on how this issue could be handled for a more instrumental outcome, and in our favor?

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
And whats the plan for the time after they become NATO members?
Are there any guarantees apart from a memorandum which is basically just a promise.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,733
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Your words are loud and clear, however, it is too soon to come up with conclusions as we know very little about the talks/bargains behind closed doors! I‘d like to know where you stand, so do you have ideas (or suggestions) on how this issue could be handled for a more instrumental outcome, and in our favor?
Maybe it was about the Vipers we've been longing for. But I don't know what kind of mechanisms could be put in place to ensure we receive the aircrafts after the entrance of the nordic countries to NATO.
I'm just looking for a reasonable explanation. Why would they give in so early after all those "WE WON'T LET YOU IN!" talks? I'm just hoping that they got some backdoor deal from the US or what.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,968
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

B.t.N

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Remember when they join nato they want us to die for this.

I said this before somebody needs to make communication with alexander dugin about this.
No, and they are not coming to fight for us;

“Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty states:

The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them . . . shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognised by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking . . . such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.”

This language is relatively flexible. It permits each NATO member to decide for itself what action should be taken to address an armed attack on a NATO ally. It does not require any member to respond with military force, although it permits such responses as a matter of international law. A member may decide that instead of responding with force, it will send military equipment to NATO allies or impose sanctions on the aggressor.

B.t.N

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That says Ukraine could have been a Nato ally, but Nato’s response, most probably, would not be much different. However, we would not have the freedom to wiggle between Ukraine and Russia!

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,733
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You can't keep them out of NATO forever because they tend to support terrorists. You will then be told to exit NATO.
They're already supporting terrorists and they'd have to be mind-numbingly stupid to tell us to leave NATO, which wouldn't matter to us at all.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,962
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
You can't keep them out of NATO forever because they tend to support terrorists. You will then be told to exit NATO.

Then you exit. Everything has to have a cost otherwise they will shit on Turkey indefinitely. But they wont kick Turkey out, they kick Turkey out europe is done for and Isreals starts to fear that Turkey allies with Iran and Russia, steps back from Assad.

Turkish people fail to understand the geopolitical significance of Turkish geography.

Erdogan kept bowing down over Syria, the more he does it the more they will take the piss out of Turkey. Its like the coward and the bully. The bully incrementally ups his attacks and the more you act like a coward the more he does to you.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,962
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

The most basic thing he could have done was had a 2 year good behaviour period. Say to sweden and finland you have supported terrorists for decades against me. I want you to do everything i want now and we watch you over the next two years and provided you stick to your side of the agreements we can re-evaluate your application.

Lets not trivialise this stuff they are supporting extremist left wing marxist terrorists whose whole existence is to brutally murder the Turkish people and anyone else in the region who doesn't submit to them.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,042
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
An alliance is build on trust, so lets give those two countries the benefit of doubt and see if they will do something or not. I have my doubts, but lets see.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom