TR Foreign Policy & Geopolitics

F-6 enthusiast

Reactions
1 595
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Don't mean to barge into this discussion but i have some questions, what if Sweden and Finland decide not to honour their commitments ( public and not public )
maybe concessions were made (that are not public)
doesn't seem like a smart move

Q: What if the Turkish Parliament rejects this decision ?

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

We got nothing on YPG other than Sweden and Finland ceasing monetary and arms support. Sweden and Finland cleverly won an extremely smart victory. They managed to separate YPG from PKK and accepted different concessions for "two different" entities. According to the two candidate countries, PKK is a terrorist organization YPG is not but since Turkiye is their "ally" now they won't actively support YPG(even though they don't see them as terrorists) as we have a beef with them. This doesn't mean they won't covertly support YPG. By signing this Turkiye also officially accepted that YPG is different from PKK(or those two countries see them differently and we are ok with it) which is an extremely bad outcome for us. Erdo is tricked again.

Last edited:

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,989
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

We got nothing on YPG other than Sweden and Finland ceasing monetary and arms support. Sweden and Finland cleverly won an extremely smart victory. They managed to separate YPG from PKK and accepted different concessions for "two different" entities. According to the two candidate countries, PKK is a terrorist organization YPG is not but since Turkiye is their "ally" now they won't actively support YPG(even though they don't see them as terrorists) as we have a beef with them. This doesn't mean they won't covertly support YPG. By signing this Turkiye also officially accepted that YPG is different from PKK(or those two countries see them differently and we are ok with it) which is an extremely bad outcome for us. Erdo is tricked again.

another diplomatic disaster from erdogan. An exceptionally weak leader.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

Humanitarian aid entails monetary support and that is still continuing apparently.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,001
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

I can safely say NATO is going to transform into the Atlantic-Pacific alliance in the future.

What is interesting is how Turkiye has been helping Georgia, Bosnia even Azerbaijan to join.

B.t.N

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The most basic thing he could have done was had a 2 year good behaviour period. Say to sweden and finland you have supported terrorists for decades against me. I want you to do everything i want now and we watch you over the next two years and provided you stick to your side of the agreements we can re-evaluate your application.

Lets not trivialise this stuff they are supporting extremist left wing marxist terrorists whose whole existence is to brutally murder the Turkish people and anyone else in the region who doesn't submit to them.
And that is exactly what the outcome is! Process will last over a year (easily up to two) before Sweden and Finland’s applications get the final approval. We still can veto…

I do not see any wrong-doing on our part. It does project a far more moderate policy, rather a suitable ground to talk through the differences.

I say we are playing the game by the rules, at least for once!

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,729
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
All turkish leaders are weak since whatever to be done in Turkey's favour will always go against Western interest and the West owns Turkey by the balls

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The problem is they don't accept any other organizations as a terrorist organization other than the PKK. YPG/PYD/SDF all of them are obviously PKK but they will be treated differently. Sweden and Finland won't support them openly(they were literally passing budget laws from the parliament) because they are national security threats of Turkiye but the way is clear for underhanded support via other civilian organizations or intelligence organizations. And they won't be returning any fugitives to us that are members of FETÖ(Gulen movement) or YPG/PYD/SDF because they are not considered terrorists and members of those won't be subject to terror laws and regulations so returning them will be practically impossible. Huge win for the US, Sweden, Finland and also a huge win for Southern Cyrus.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Then you exit. Everything has to have a cost otherwise they will shit on Turkey indefinitely. But they wont kick Turkey out, they kick Turkey out europe is done for and Isreals starts to fear that Turkey allies with Iran and Russia, steps back from Assad.

Turkish people fail to understand the geopolitical significance of Turkish geography.

Erdogan kept bowing down over Syria, the more he does it the more they will take the piss out of Turkey. Its like the coward and the bully. The bully incrementally ups his attacks and the more you act like a coward the more he does to you.
^this

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,989
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Turkey downed a Russian jet when no one had the balls to even look Putin in the face. Our NATO allies removed their air defences from our border, their media demonised Turkey, and various political figures openly said "kick Turkey out of NATO".

Despite this then Turkey escalates to conduct multiple proxy wars against Russia as seen in Libya or Azerbaijan. In Libya we even see the EU siding with Russia against Turkey in backing a warlord CIA terrorist in Haftar.

Turkey arms Ukraine despite threats from germany, france and the USA not to do so. Those same weapons are used to strike the Donbas separatists. And unlike most europeans Turkey was with Ukraine from day one, they didnt wait to see what the war would look like before acting tough.

Meanwhile they portray Turkey as the enemy of NATO, the ally of Russia, the one who cannot be trusted.

Then you get two clown nations in sweden and finland who were happy to stay neutral meaning that anyone Russia attacks anyone they dont care about it. Only when these two cowards realised they could be next they wanted NATO membership. A really selfish and cowardly behaviour and how did the same media that shits on Turkey portray it? They portray it as a great thing, these nations are heroes.

Heroes that didnt care about europe as long as they were not in the line of fire. Once they realised that they could be next they rush for NATO membership. Meanwhile every step of the way they insult Turkey over her PKK concerns.

I would veto their membership indefinitely. If NATO wants to kick us out, then so be it but Europe will lose big time seeing Turkey having to align her interests to accommodate Russia.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,001
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey downed a Russian jet when no one had the balls to even look Putin in the face. Our NATO allies removed their air defences from our border, their media demonised Turkey, and various political figures openly said "kick Turkey out of NATO".

Despite this then Turkey escalates to conduct multiple proxy wars against Russia as seen in Libya or Azerbaijan. In Libya we even see the EU siding with Russia against Turkey in backing a warlord CIA terrorist in Haftar.

Turkey arms Ukraine despite threats from germany, france and the USA not to do so. Those same weapons are used to strike the Donbas separatists. And unlike most europeans Turkey was with Ukraine from day one, they didnt wait to see what the war would look like before acting tough.

Meanwhile they portray Turkey as the enemy of NATO, the ally of Russia, the one who cannot be trusted.

Then you get two clown nations in sweden and finland who were happy to stay neutral meaning that anyone Russia attacks anyone they dont care about it. Only when these two cowards realised they could be next they wanted NATO membership. A really selfish and cowardly behaviour and how did the same media that shits on Turkey portray it? They portray it as a great thing, these nations are heroes.

Heroes that didnt care about europe as long as they were not in the line of fire. Once they realised that they could be next they rush for NATO membership. Meanwhile every step of the way they insult Turkey over her PKK concerns.

I would veto their membership indefinitely. If NATO wants to kick us out, then so be it but Europe will lose big time seeing Turkey having to align her interests to accommodate Russia.

If they kick Turkiye out they can kiss the Middle East, Caucasus and Central Asia goodbye.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,989
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
If they kick Turkiye out they can kiss the Middle East, Caucasus and Central Asia goodbye.

Eastern europe goes to Russia too and the balkans will turn into another Syria. Not to mention that Russians will find it much easier to influence north africa since Turkey won't get in their way.

Turkish politicians dont seem to understand the weight of their geography.

Israel starts to panic too.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

well written, 100% agree with u.

--

prayge-pray.gif

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I dont know what to think about is. Are we fooled so easily or have we made deals in the background about the F-16's and Syria?

I honestly dont know.

Oh - and i was banned because i didnt believe that Jagdflieger was a German, because there is no German in the world with so much knowledge and positivism about China.

And guess what? I still dont believe he is a German. He is a Chinese troll.

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Bit silly getting banned for that when they allow these bad actor propaganda accounts to post their bad faith shit constantly. Wish you didn't see replies to ignored members because its just as tiring seeing people get suckered in to responding

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes he banned me for a week on the Chinese forum because he wrote hundreds pages of positivism about the Chinese Communist Party.

I wrote that he could not be a German. A real German doesnt like China (i know Germans very well) and wont live in Beijing. I never met one German in my life who loved China, totally out of order.

He banned me for this.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I dont know what to think about is. Are we fooled so easily or have we made deals in the background about the F-16's and Syria?

I honestly dont know.

Oh - and i was banned because i didnt believe that Jagdflieger was a German, because there is no German in the world with so much knowledge and positivism about China.

And guess what? I still dont believe he is a German. He is a Chinese troll.
You really believe Erdogan has this much diplomatic capabilities?
I would be happy enough if he made sweden and finland honor their promises.

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1 juli 2022

Erdogan: "We didnt accept their membership, we only accepted their invitation."

Erdogan: "We made very clear what we want. We forged a agreement on paper with them."

Erdogan:"The ball is now in the court of Sweden and Finland. We will follow each step closely. We wont accept their membership if they dont fullfill their promises. Lets just wait and see."

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom