AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
Turkey should protect her interests, and political decisions should be pragmatic not based on emotional sentiment.

Nothing positive, they even helped the PKK against us.

I never heard of such palestine did support the pkk , but if that's the case wouldn't be normal since supporting the pkk will protect their interest ?

anyway many countries do support the pkk , the difference is between palestine and isreal that isreal is much capable to harm turkey in many ways . that's why it's logical for me to see turkey good relation to israel

Last edited:

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Not surprised. Akp is a virus.
Hopefully it wont involve selling shares or some bullshit like that; since if it does, then AKP should really be punished sevrely for that and hopefully that wont be the case. I just hope Erdo wont turn out to be a traitor to his nation and destroy a company that he himself kept growing for more than 2 bloody decades. I mean it is one of the Top 100 permanent companies along with TAI for gods sake

Honestly, I believe it will all amount to opening a branch in the UAE or Aslesan itself purchasing stakes in UAE's new defense companies; in order for it to mature quickly

uzaysan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hopefully it wont involve selling shares or some bullshit like that; since if it does, then AKP should really be punished sevrely for that and hopefully that wont be the case. I just hope Erdo wont turn out to be a traitor to his nation and destroy a company that he himself kept growing for more than 2 bloody decades. I mean it is one of the Top 100 permanent companies along with TAI for gods sake

Honestly, I believe it will all amount to opening a branch in the UAE or Aslesan itself purchasing stakes in UAE's new defense companies; in order for it to mature quickly
These guys sold Türk Telekom which is backbone for the communication of entire country. I won't be surprised if they sell another strategic company.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,599
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
UAE can buy %25 of Aselsan from the stock market. %75 belongs to the TSKGV foundation but those shares can be sold via presidency.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
These guys sold Türk Telekom which is backbone for the communication of entire country. I won't be surprised if they sell another strategic company.
Wow!
Are you seriously comparing Turk Telekom with a blessing like Aselsan? At the end of the day, regardless of how profitable it is, Turk Telecom is a telecommunication company! Even if it was sold, creating a new one isnt that difficult for Turkey. However, Aselsan is a different entity, it is a treasure that Turks ought to protect with their lives! I have no problem in Aselsan buying shares of other foreign defense companies but pls no selling of the company's origina shares

I would sell my kidneys before I sell critical companies like Aselsan

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
If people would read Bloomberg and the original article, they would see that there's literally nothing indicating that any Aselsan shares will be sold to anyone.

The UAE delegation met Monday with the government-run Defense Industry Presidency and then held talks with Ankara-based defense companies, including Aselsan, the official said on condition of anonymity. The team also met with representatives of Turkish drone makers the official said. The outcome of the talks was not immediately clear.

UAE is most likely interested in products or local production / join ventures.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,916
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Wow!
Are you seriously comparing Turk Telekom with a blessing like Aselsan? At the end of the day, regardless of how profitable it is, Turk Telecom is a telecommunication company! Even if it was sold, creating a new one isnt that difficult for Turkey. However, Aselsan is a different entity, it is a treasure that Turks ought to protect with their lives! I have no problem in Aselsan buying shares of other foreign defense companies but pls no selling of the company's origina shares

Established telecommunications can't just be established overnight. You buy that, you own an important part of country's infrastructure. These are actually far more important than defense companies, which are relatively easily replaceable.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Wow!

You probably didn't know that Türk Telekom was responsible for laying secure military communication cables and such back when AKP and RTE sold it to KSA.

or

use google translate.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

It all started with Kenan Evrens neo liberalism and Turgut Ozal continued it with by pumping it with steroids. Under Erdogan it continues no surprise.

Sell everything while claiming its all done in the name of free market.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom