TR Foreign Policy & Geopolitics

Cow's Milk

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Erdogan’s wilcard, and his opposition to Nato membership of the two Scandinavian countries (harboring terror groups) are already top news on international media!

International media only runs stories of Turks slaughtering Kurds over this. Its covered in a way to show Turks as devils and the PKK as heroes fighting for freedom. This should have been resolved behind doors away from the media.

In England you pull a gun out anywhere they will destroy you and call you a terrorists, meanwhile the PKK who have committed literally thousands of terrorists attacks in Turkey are called rebels fighting for freedom, "marxists" fighting for freedom lol.

Hate to say it but this inability to understand the enemy and how they operate keeps causing Turkey to lose.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,924
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
International media only runs stories of Turks slaughtering Kurds over this. Its covered in a way to show Turks as devils and the PKK as heroes fighting for freedom. This should have been resolved behind doors away from the media.

In England you pull a gun out anywhere they will destroy you and call you a terrorists, meanwhile the PKK who have committed literally thousands of terrorists attacks in Turkey are called rebels fighting for freedom, "marxists" fighting for freedom lol.

Hate to say it but this inability to understand the enemy and how they operate keeps causing Turkey to lose.

Same bs story of how Ottomans were slaughtering Armenians and Bulgarians.

Western Media basically made us the enemies which allowed Russia to declare the 93 harbi.

Ottoman soldiers did not kill innocent Bulgarians but rebels but the Media during the 1800s span it around made it as if we went and killed innocent civilians.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,925
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
For someone who lives in England that was a dumb move. You basically made it easy for greeks and armenians as well as kurds to demonise Turks further to the English.

The best thing to have done was reopen it as a orthodox church. Positive press, increased tourism revenues, while Muslims are seen as less fanatical and intolerant.

Changing it to mosque benefited erdogans domestic image, but little else.

I'm not arguing with you people about how these nations behave, they behave as hostile enemies, but we cannot keep falling into their traps, we have to be smarter, wiser then them.

As for the west losing its dominance, yes the world is opening up but as it stands and it will stand for at least another hundred years the west will be the side that matters. The Russians fooled themselves into thinking the west was weak and backward, as a result they ended with the Ukrainian disaster and they are not even fighting a NATO nation.
I think that the Hagia Sophia should've been left as a museum but the reaction of the Western powers to it was admittedly hilarious.

I've had people give me a list of reasons why Erdogan is an authoritarian (he is) but when they start listing "converting Hagia Sophia to a mosque", I immediately know that they are not arguing in good faith. And I repeatedly ask them how Turkey converting a building that belongs to them for whichever purpose it suits them is the mark of an Islamist authoritarian. Each time, they have no proper response because this is an idiotic claim.

You can argue that converting the Hagia Sophia to a mosque was not diplomatically wise, insensitive to Orthodox Christians and just scoring some domestic points. You can't argue that doing it was somehow the action of an Islamic authoritarian state.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,925
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
About Sweden and Finland.

Well Turkiye has never been hostile to either country. But guess what Sweden and Finland has ways been hostile to us by allowing.

-pkk terrorists live freely
-allowing its own citizens to join pkk
-government officials meeting with pkk scumbags
-supporting embargos and sanctions against Turkiye
-falsely accusing Turkiye of genocide
-turning a blind eye to pkk terrorist attacks even justifying it
-swedish weapons being used by pkk i wonder where the At4's come from?
With all due respect, AT4s are an incredibly common weapon. ISIS had them, Taliban had them, Al-Qaeda had them. It's not necessarily Sweden that provided them.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,924
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
With all due respect, AT4s are an incredibly common weapon. ISIS had them, Taliban had them, Al-Qaeda had them. It's not necessarily Sweden that provided them.

Sweden never gave a shit where their weapons went.

Hence why Sweden never ever sold at4 or carl gustaf to the Turkish army.

Says everything about them.

M

Manomed

We should show evidence and do counter propaganda but our goverment is too retarded for that.

We don't fight against disinformation

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,924
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
We should show evidence and do counter propaganda but our goverment is too retarded for that.

We don't fight against disinformation

We have always been shit at propaganda.

Propaganda should be done by the military.

Government and the opposition are clueless because they are busy with partisan politics.

Turkish news is always dominated by erdogan ranting about kilictaroglu and the same thing with kemal.

All our news channels peddle party propaganda.

I would ban ahaber and halk tv.

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
We have always been shit at propaganda.

Propaganda should be done by the military.

Government and the opposition are clueless because they are busy with partisan politics.

Turkish news is always dominated by erdogan ranting about kilictaroglu and the same thing with kemal.

All our news channels peddle party propaganda.

I would ban ahaber and halk tv.
I had hope for TRT World a few years ago. Now 90% of what they share is about Islam. Islamaphobia this Islamaphobia that. They don't do anything to make Turkey's image better.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,924
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I had hope for TRT World a few years ago. Now 90% of what they share is about Islam. Islamaphobia this Islamaphobia that. They don't do anything to make Turkey's image better.

Trt world has been doing retarded sjw and woke articles I kid you not.

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,550
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
From what I see on social medias 80% of TRT World's audience are mostly Pakistanis and to a lesser extent people from other parts of South Asia and the Muslim World. Most of their staff is not even Turkish too so nobody cares about Turkey or the potential Western audience that should be targeted.

Better close down the whole TRT media corporation because it is a big waste of Turkish tax payers' money anyway.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,924
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
From what I see on social medias 80% of TRT World's audience are mostly Pakistanis and to a lesser extent people from other parts of South Asia and the Muslim World. Most of their staff is not even Turkish too so nobody cares about Turkey or the potential Western audience that should be targeted.

Better close down the whole TRT media corporation because it is a big waste of Turkish tax payers' money anyway.

Comment sections are full of Pakistanis and Indians 🤣🤣🤣

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,924
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
TRT world always show woman with headscarf cringe

Whats bad about that?

A lot of their staff of trt world are mostly non turks.

If I remember there is a spanish woman called Maria ramos.

Trt Turkish and world really seem to be different.

M

Manomed

Whats bad about that?

A lot of their staff of trt world are mostly non turks.

If I remember there is a spanish woman called Maria ramos.

Trt Turkish and world really seem to be different.
People are talking shit against us for not letting sweeden we should let them know that they can join before political stuff happened between 2 countries comes to an end.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

ur naive thats the problem, u assume that better pr would magically cease the support against the PKK it would not, its also very unrealistic to expect better pr from nations that have been running a bad pr scheme against u for centuries.

The only way to remind them is that actions come with consequences like now, what the avg man thinks is irrelevant, it will be the task of their gov to inform them why, if they falsely inform them then they will again have to face the consequences of that lel

something the Swedes have very badly calculated in if they truly think that they can have the biggest pkk farm in europe and get away with it and as such will be vetoed til infinity. I just dont see that nation joining NATO, in fact if that nations joins we should be the ones leaving but we should be leaving anyway with the way thinks develop in europe, as the current conflict shows, a neutral status suits Turkey much better.

--

with regards to trt world, i think they are doing a good job expanding not everything needs to be western oriented, the western press itself largely serves the western audience (see ukraine conflict)

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Let's hold a referandum on the membership of Sweden and Finland (2 different papers for the approval of each) and see the result.

Most probably we will have a pro European and much more denocratic government in 2023, and i am sure most of their voters (including Kurdish ones) will vote against swedish membership.

West don't have any idea and do'nt want to have a clear idea based on facts about Turkey's sociology.

Last edited by a moderator:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom