Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Noting that SAFKAR pursued a strategy of growth in new fields of business drawing upon the strength afforded by its effective R&D center and its powerful after-sales service infrastructure dispersed throughout the world in more than 330 locations, Doruk Aydın explained, “We have created our own design in military applications in addition to the air-conditioning equipment we marketed for tractors and construction machinery.

Our products for military shelters passed with flying colors the tests for the MIL 810 G standard conducted longer than a year in accredited laboratories in the UK. The air-conditioning systems for military equipment for which both Turkey and a number of other NATO nations relied entirely on imports so far are now provided by SAFKAR.” Saying that the present situation had been reached as a result of intensive efforts in line with the Undersecretariat of the Defense Industry’s goal of replacing imported military equipment with their domestic equivalents, Aydın added that solutions designed for armored personnel carriers had also been successfully put into operation in addition to the air-conditioning systems for use in military shelters

11111_auto_x2.jpg

Philips

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands

Demir hailed the progress made by Turkey in the sector and said: “Seven years ago, we had no system we could use with peace in mind. Even our rifles were not completely in mass production.”

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
A company called Alloy Additive in Istanbul is producing 3D printers that can print 1x1x1.5 m blocks with Titanium, Aluminium, Inconel (nickel chromium based supervalloys) and stainless Steel.
Their printers are aimed at serving aerospace, defence, energy, automotive and petrochemical companies.

1625528661361.jpeg

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,736
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

The train station in Salihli is a joke, not ready for anything. But the construction outside the city is continuing.

NEW LINE LINES

The total cost of the high-speed train lines planned by the Ministry of Transport by 2023 is 45 billion dollars. Approximately $ 30 billion of this will be realized with a Chinese loan. The remaining part will be covered by equity capital and European Investment Bank and Islamic Development Bank loans.

With these investments being rushed regardless of the cities being ready for them we won't be able to stabilize the economy.

I understand that you need to make certain investments in order to galvanize a city's growth and such, and people can argue that if there aren't any proper infrastructure then the city can't grow.

Thus when YHT comes to Karaman which is a province, and is pretty decent industrial-wise I am overjoyed. I do hope that freight train capabilities would be improved too.

I imagine that Salihli being close to Izmir etc. is/has big potential because of it's closeness to adalar denizi. When I think of how VW deviated from building a productionline in Salihli that was kinda big blow to the viability of the project. But still the potential is there.

It makes more sense to have railway investments to these cities than airports. I do understand that out in the future we might use up all the capacity, but you need to maintain these investments so they do not stagnate and crack and breakdown. Which is why many governments in responsible economies are looking at sustainable growth.

e.g. A freightline from Black sea to Med. Sea could potentially alleviate the pressure on the Istanbul Strait. Especially if you can close it off with reference to cleaning up. So instead of waiting the companies can pay for having the gods transferred through the freightline.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,736
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

This would have been a very good investment in Turkey, especially considering how many trucks we have as it is pretty much primary vehicle for transportation.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is a very important step for the Defence sector.

ASELSAN Konya Technical Anatolian High School, which was established within the scope of the cooperation protocol signed in June between the Ministry of National Education and ASELSAN Konya in order to contribute to the training of the qualified workforce needed by the defense industry, will start education as of the 2021/2022 Academic Year.

The following statements were included in the promotional video of ASELSAN Konya Vocational and Technical Anatolian High School:
"The project, which is an important part of the value chain in employment, will contribute to the training of the qualified workforce needed by the defense industry.
ASELSAN Konya Technical Anatolian High School will be a valuable resource and an exemplary project in this field in supplying well-equipped personnel with the necessary theoretical and practical infrastructure not only to Konya but also to our country.

The project, which will have an important place in the policies of the Ministry of National Education, which leads the education from secondary school to post-doctoral education in an integrated way, will start education as of the 2021-2022 academic year.

Aselsan Konya Vocational and Technical Anatolian High School has a total area of 12,985 square meters in the sanjak neighborhood of Selçuklu district of Konya.
The school, which has a closed area of 7795 square meters with its ground plus four-storey building, has two workshop buildings of 3340 square meters, and there are 22 workshops in these workshop buildings. Apart from these, there is a conference hall, a gym and 32 classrooms within the school.

Philips

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands

ASELSAN Konya Technical Anatolian High School, which was established within the scope of the cooperation protocol signed in June between the Ministry of National Education and ASELSAN Konya in order to contribute to the training of the qualified workforce needed by the defense industry, will start education as of the 2021/2022 Academic Year.

The following statements were included in the promotional video of ASELSAN Konya Vocational and Technical Anatolian High School:
"The project, which is an important part of the value chain in employment, will contribute to the training of the qualified workforce needed by the defense industry.
ASELSAN Konya Technical Anatolian High School will be a valuable resource and an exemplary project in this field in supplying well-equipped personnel with the necessary theoretical and practical infrastructure not only to Konya but also to our country.

The project, which will have an important place in the policies of the Ministry of National Education, which leads the education from secondary school to post-doctoral education in an integrated way, will start education as of the 2021-2022 academic year.

Aselsan Konya Vocational and Technical Anatolian High School has a total area of 12,985 square meters in the sanjak neighborhood of Selçuklu district of Konya.
The school, which has a closed area of 7795 square meters with its ground plus four-storey building, has two workshop buildings of 3340 square meters, and there are 22 workshops in these workshop buildings. Apart from these, there is a conference hall, a gym and 32 classrooms within the school.

Next step I hope, specialized 'Savunma Sanayi' university

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,050
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
With these investments being rushed regardless of the cities being ready for them we won't be able to stabilize the economy.

I understand that you need to make certain investments in order to galvanize a city's growth and such, and people can argue that if there aren't any proper infrastructure then the city can't grow.

Thus when YHT comes to Karaman which is a province, and is pretty decent industrial-wise I am overjoyed. I do hope that freight train capabilities would be improved too.

I imagine that Salihli being close to Izmir etc. is/has big potential because of it's closeness to adalar denizi. When I think of how VW deviated from building a productionline in Salihli that was kinda big blow to the viability of the project. But still the potential is there.

It makes more sense to have railway investments to these cities than airports. I do understand that out in the future we might use up all the capacity, but you need to maintain these investments so they do not stagnate and crack and breakdown. Which is why many governments in responsible economies are looking at sustainable growth.

e.g. A freightline from Black sea to Med. Sea could potentially alleviate the pressure on the Istanbul Strait. Especially if you can close it off with reference to cleaning up. So instead of waiting the companies can pay for having the gods transferred through the freightline.

That was Manisa not Salihli. But still freight lines would be and need to be expanded.

Freight line or any rail from the Black Sea to anywhere is super expensive, you need to build almost a bridge or tunnel every 1km or so just my guesstimate. While flat areas are cheaper and faster to implement.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,050
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

We need that but hundreds of them spread over the country. I learned basic woodworking, electronics etc in secondary school in Germany for 5 years and then could choose to continue for another three years (did not but could). And add programming to the curriculum if you want the country to be ready for the next decades ahead.

kimov

Committed member
Reactions
1 408
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
Next step I hope, specialized 'Savunma Sanayi' university
That is a bad idea as science and defense are not limited to a specific field. It is better to have an institute like SSB to use the outcome from each field to improve the defense industry.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,736
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

As I understand it this center is going to develop machines that are needed by primary sector, e.g. you need a machine that plows and picks up potatoes. Or you need a machine for picking apples i steqd of hiring 1000 people to do it. This is what has been lacking in Turkey.

@Anmdt wouldn't this be a big step forward compared to current situation. Some may have capability to import such machines, but not all.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom