what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,042
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Government funded Intellectual property and R&D should not be given out for free to non government companies. We should not encourage companies to neglect their own R&D. I hope TÜBITAK at least earns some patent / license fees to fund further development in these kinds of deals.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Domestic and national is what it is. There seems to be no foreign partnership as it says the first prototype will be produced in 2023.
good news! How is the semiconductor industry going in turkey btw?

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,731
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Local input rate 100%? or is this made in a partnership with a foreign company?
No foreign companies for design but there is no hundred percent locality, of course. The previous electric train project's prototype, it had 160km/h top speed, had 60% locality rate. And they said with serial production it's going to be 80% local. However, I don't know if any news surfaced about the locality rate of this faster train design.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,042
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
A decade ago or so Hyundai Rotem was supposed to locally Co develop high speeds trains in Turkey. But I guess that deal never sent through.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
We have the tech of 25 years ago and we are looking into moving up to tech of 15 years ago.
Semiconductor industry is an essential part of the ecosystem itself, and turkey is doing well in its military industry so I had an idea that it started earlier than other developing countries. Perhaps you can mention a few of the companies that turkey has a partnership with in the field of the semiconductor industry, and how big it is in turkey.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan

Important statements from the CEO;

1. "Change Turkiye's culture from tech consumers to tech developers"
2. "Focus on transforming Defence tech into Civilian tech"

If successful in this, Turkiye will become an unparalleled power in Europe and Middle East in a few decades.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Semiconductor industry is an essential part of the ecosystem itself, and turkey is doing well in its military industry so I had an idea that it started earlier than other developing countries. Perhaps you can mention a few of the companies that turkey has a partnership with in the field of the semiconductor industry, and how big it is in turkey.
Semiconductor technology in Türkiye only serves the defense sector. There isn't any civilian sector to the best of my knowledge that benefits from domestic production. However there are several companies that can design chips and get them produced abroad. Yital, Yongatek, AB MikroNano, Aselsan, Tubitak Bilgem are some of the keywords in this field. Recently Nero Teknoloji is making a move to make some silicon sensor chips. One of the mentioned companies is working on designing image processor chips to sell to world matket. They have designed single core, quad core and now designing octacore chips. There is 250nm and 120nm production foundries in the country. There is a move by the government to bring foundry technology into the country and Ankara is chosen for the location of an intended foundry. Of the top of my head. Search the keywords for more information.

Last edited:

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,301
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

ther are plan but it is a expensive industy to be realise, SSB head of Ismail Demir did go talk with Malaysia. The outcome was not good, i don't think that we can realize a chip factory. To expensive and Ismail Demir did mentioned that. If we open something like that should not only for defence industry.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In today's speech at the Technofest President Erdoğan mentioned making our own computers and chips in a single sentence. I am thinking that his statement means there is some ongoing intent in this field.

Last edited:

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
In today's speech at the Technofest President Erdoğan mentioned making our own computers and chips in a single sentence. I am thinking that his statement means there is some ongoing intent in this area.
Tubitak is making super computer for TFX, maybe he's referring to that ?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tubitak is making super computer for TFX, maybe he's referring to that ?
A few steps after a chip a computer is a natural follower. With system on a chip approach computers can be made, the example of which is the smart phone. Some people may argue that Çakıl is a RISC CPU but so is Apple's latest chip M1 which is a top performer.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ucaksan is a tiny Startup with big ambitions.

Currently at 12 Employees on LinkedIn they strive to produce a manned Ultra light Aircraft in the backyard of the Bursa Uludag University.

Ucaksan T200

1663406084915.png
1663406901988.png

Engine is a Rotax 914 UL

1663406307185.png
1663406257097.png

Propeller is from Ukraine.
Kiev Prop.

1663406363663.png

I took a look at KievProp and they offer a three blade Propeller for the Rotax 914.

1663406561555.png

1663406596023.png

Interior of the Prototype

1663406784077.png

Could Continue where TAI left of with their VLA

1663407060223.png

I found an ItalianAircraft Producer with a similar Engine which could give us Orientation points.

1663407913234.png

1663408097569.png
1663408069849.png

ICP Ventura vs Ucaksan T200

1663408149067.png
1663408301290.png

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom