Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
73 15,919
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Very worrying situation in Idlib. As President Erdogan declared that the international community can not allow 10 more years of war in Syria and that Turkey will not another refugee wave Turkish accounts are rising alerts of high Regime activity and big chance that SAA will launch another offensive at Idlib very soon. Regime and Opposition accounts also raise alarms. At the same time large Turkish convoy entered Idlib and movement of the Turkish Armed Forces is reported on Turkish soil close to the border with Syria.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,837
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
e activity and big chance that SAA will launch another offensive at Idlib very soon. Regime and Opposition accounts also raise alarms. At the same time large Turkish

Erdogan should have thought about all these things before committing Turkey to the war in Syria. He didnt and now he's left begging the world who couldnt care less for syria or Turkey.

I remember when davutoglu said Turkey cant tolerate half a million refugees, then it was a million, then it was 2 million and here we are where most of the world is quite happy seeing Turkey suffer.

The western world will not lift a finger to help Turkey, unless Turkey deals with this themselves no one can do anything for Turkey. To the contrary they are quite happy watching Turkey suffer.

Tonil

Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Qatar
Erdogan should have thought about all these things before committing Turkey to the war in Syria. He didnt and now he's left begging the world who couldnt care less for syria or Turkey.

I remember when davutoglu said Turkey cant tolerate half a million refugees, then it was a million, then it was 2 million and here we are where most of the world is quite happy seeing Turkey suffer.

The western world will not lift a finger to help Turkey, unless Turkey deals with this themselves no one can do anything for Turkey. To the contrary they are quite happy watching Turkey suffer.

I don't think Turkey needs the help of anyone in this regard. Turkey will block any advances into Idlib keeping status quo at all costs and if necessary will expand further carving out more territories out of Syria to resettle more refugees but the goal of Turkey is clear to maintain these areas for resettlement purposes and won't accept refugees pushed towards it at all costs this is Turkish red-line

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Very worrying situation in Idlib. As President Erdogan declared that the international community can not allow 10 more years of war in Syria and that Turkey will not another refugee wave Turkish accounts are rising alerts of high Regime activity and big chance that SAA will launch another offensive at Idlib very soon. Regime and Opposition accounts also raise alarms. At the same time large Turkish convoy entered Idlib and movement of the Turkish Armed Forces is reported on Turkish soil close to the border with Syria.

I think a confrontation at this point will mean the full crippling of the SAA which I dont think was in the interest of the TSK because of the PKK in the NE but if there is no other way from stopping them then this will be the solution.

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think a confrontation at this point will mean the full crippling of the SAA which I dont think was in the interest of the TSK because of the PKK in the NE but if there is no other way from stopping them then this will be the solution.
Turkey forces SAA to cooperate with PKK and Russia by intimidating them with TFSA. SAA considers TFSA a more existential threat therefore cooperates with PKK(and Russia) whom they would normally fight for their territorial integrity. We are pushing Assad to be Putins vassal because he has noone else and Putin made a deal with US to protect PKK in Syria. If Turkey negotiates with Assad, Assad will have another option than Putin. Right now he has noone else so right now he does what Russia tells him to do. Plus, he thinks he cant take both on TFSA and PKK at the same time.
I am sure he wouldnt want to give away autonomy of his land to PKK under normal circumstances.
He also enjoys better relationships with the west by cooperating with PKK as well.

Unfortunately Erdogans priority isnt to fight against PKK, it is to topple down Assad and replace him with an ikhwanist government.

If only we stopped our ambitions of changing Syrian government and cut our support behind TFSA with the precondition of cooperation at destruction of PKK...

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey forces SAA to cooperate with PKK and Russia by intimidating them with TFSA. SAA considers TFSA a more existential threat therefore cooperates with PKK(and Russia) whom they would normally fight for their territorial integrity.
The TFSA isnt intimidating anyone. Assad wants to get rid of everyone who is against him, thats been going on for years now with Daara and idlib the last rebel strongholds he assumes that victory is near, depending on his move on Idlib it might become the event which will jeopardize his years long achievements tho.
We are pushing Assad to be Putins vassal because he has noone else and Putin made a deal with US to protect PKK in Syria.

There is no such a deal and Assad is Putins vassal because that was the price for Putins support.

If Turkey negotiates with Assad, Assad will have another option than Putin. Right now he has noone else so right now he does what Russia tells him to do. Plus, he thinks he cant take both on TFSA and PKK at the same time.
They are already negotiating backdoor because everyone is aware that when the americans leave another vacuum will be created, also u need to remember that the persians are also part of the game and their interest heavily diverge with ours aswell.

I am sure he wouldnt want to give away autonomy of his land to PKK under normal circumstances.
I dont think that the PKK or any type of kurdish rule will exist anyway in the not so distant future in NE Syria, the foundation of such a state was already destroyed in the prior operations.

He also enjoys better relationships with the west by cooperating with PKK as well.
The west is relatively irrelevant now.

Unfortunately Erdogans priority isnt to fight against PKK, it is to topple down Assad and replace him with an ikhwanist government. If only we stopped our ambitions of changing Syrian government and cut our support behind TFSA with the precondition of cooperation at destruction of PKK...
I disagree with this as well, if the toppling of Assad was his primary motivation then he wouldnt have given concessions troughout the years in order to make moves against the PKK, erdo exchanged aleppo for the ES zone and that was the beginning of the end of the gov change policy, from Erdo.

At the end of the day the ball is in Assads court.

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The TFSA isnt intimidating anyone.

Really? All those guns are for the cosplay?

Assad wants to get rid of everyone who is against him

Mustn't be the first geopolitical player at this. They are against him and his regime, so he considers them a threat.

he assumes that victory is near, depending on his move on Idlib it might become the event which will jeopardize his years long achievements tho.

My only wish for Syria is for PKK to end and refugees to go back home. I dont want my countrys soldiers to die for Arab lands so Akp can install a government that matches their ideological islamist views. I dont want the destruction of PKK to be risked because of Erdogans islamist obsessions.

I dont know whether Erdogan would succeed or Putin/Assad but I see no benefit at Turkey going for it.

There is no such a deal and Assad is Putins vassal because that was the price for Putins support.

USA left some control of PKK to Russia when Trump wanted to be out with the precondition of PKK holding onto oil rafinaries and water sources of Syria.

and Assad needed Putins support because literally everyone else and including unfortunately Turkey wanted his head on a spike.

They are already negotiating backdoor because everyone is aware that when the americans leave another vacuum will be created, also u need to remember that the persians are also part of the game and their interest heavily diverge with ours aswell.

Doesnt look like that considering Assad and Putin made it a habit of condemning Turkey with their arms at each other.

I dont think that the PKK or any type of kurdish rule will exist anyway in the not so distant future in NE Syria

It already exists and it is gaining more and more legitimacy as we speak.

President Vladimir Putin to President Bashar al-Assad: "With our joint efforts, we dealt a blow to the terrorists. The Syrian army controls more than 90% of the country's territory, although a number of terrorist hotspots remain."

Source:
They dont even count the PKK controlled area as ''out of control'' anymore.

the foundation of such a state was already destroyed in the prior operations.

We did some good job at cutting their Mediterranian link but that was only half of the job. Perhaps if Erdogan didnt go for the Syrian government and focused on PKK maybe what you said would have been the reality.

The west is relatively irrelevant now.

Hardly.

I disagree with this as well, if the toppling of Assad was his primary motivation then he wouldnt have given concessions troughout the years in order to make moves against the PKK, erdo exchanged aleppo for the ES zone and that was the beginning of the end of the gov change policy, from Erdo.

If his primary motivation was the destruction of PKK, he would have stopped his support for TFSA today with the precondition of cooperation against PKK with Assad today.

At the end of the day the ball is in Assads court.

Hmm, these 5 million Syrians I cant evade to see came from moon then? Also which country was it again that Pkk state-ifying next to our borders has been making terrorist attacks for the past 40 years? Because I recalled it as ours.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
People expecting Assad to end the ypg/pkk when they usually get stomped by them. Lets not fprget they are working together too while at times they clash with each other.

I kid you not a few months ago the ypg and assad army and its militias clashed they got stomped pretty badly.

People dont realise that in 2020 the TSK could have actually crippled Assad's army if they went even more further.

Just for that alone they suffered pretty heavy casualties.

Assad army is nothing more than a bunch of rabble.

They were losing to the fsa, ypg and isis until the Russians came and bailed them out.

Assad actually left northern syria without even firing a bullet and the ypg came and tookover.

You guys expect too much from assad.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Really? All those guns are for the cosplay?

Mustn't be the first geopolitical player at this. They are against him and his regime, so he considers them a threat.

My only wish for Syria is for PKK to end and refugees to go back home. I dont want my countrys soldiers to die for Arab lands so Akp can install a government that matches their ideological islamist views. I dont want the destruction of PKK to be risked because of Erdogans islamist obsessions.

I dont know whether Erdogan would succeed or Putin/Assad but I see no benefit at Turkey going for it.

USA left some control of PKK to Russia when Trump wanted to be out with the precondition of PKK holding onto oil rafinaries and water sources of Syria.

and Assad needed Putins support because literally everyone else and including unfortunately Turkey wanted his head on a spike.

Doesnt look like that considering Assad and Putin made it a habit of condemning Turkey with their arms at each other.

It already exists and it is gaining more and more legitimacy as we speak.

President Vladimir Putin to President Bashar al-Assad: "With our joint efforts, we dealt a blow to the terrorists. The Syrian army controls more than 90% of the country's territory, although a number of terrorist hotspots remain."

Source:
They dont even count the PKK controlled area as ''out of control'' anymore.

We did some good job at cutting their Mediterranian link but that was only half of the job. Perhaps if Erdogan didnt go for the Syrian government and focused on PKK maybe what you said would have been the reality.

Hardly.

If his primary motivation was the destruction of PKK, he would have stopped his support for TFSA today with the precondition of cooperation against PKK with Assad today.

Hmm, these 5 million Syrians I cant evade to see came from moon then? Also which country was it again that Pkk state-ifying next to our borders has been making terrorist attacks for the past 40 years? Because I recalled it as ours.

Arab lands lmaoooo

This is imperialism my friend.

Deal with it. Every land gets fought for an inch.

The times of Turkey staying put in Anatolia is no more. Time to reach out.

For sure the Eastern Med is just all useless seas to you or that Libya is just a box of sand.

Every Great Power and Regional power is engaged in imperialism mixed in with hard and soft power.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

US backs terrorist groups more than expected: Erdoğan​

BY DAILY SABAH​

ISTANBUL DIPLOMACY
SEP 24, 2021 1:53 PM GMT+3

The United States is currently supporting terrorist organizations much more than expected, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said Friday adding that the two NATO allies should be in a very different position.
“We have not experienced such a situation with previous U.S. leaders. Let alone fighting terrorist organizations, the U.S. gives them loads of equipment,” Erdoğan said, answering questions of journalists.
He added that as a NATO country, Turkey must share these things with the world.
Erdoğan said Thursday he felt that relations with his U.S. counterpart Joe Biden had "not gotten off to a good start" since the latter's arrival in the White House.
"My wish is to have friendly and not hostile relations" with the United States, he said.

"But the way things are going between two NATO allies is currently not too auspicious," he said.
He said had "worked well" with previous US presidents, George W. Bush, Barack Obama and Donald Trump.
The U.S. primarily partnered with the YPG in northeastern Syria to fight the Daesh terrorist group. Turkey strongly opposed the terrorist group’s presence in northern Syria and the formation of a terror corridor, which has been a major sticking point in strained Turkey-U.S. relations.
Ankara has long objected to the U.S.' support of the YPG, a group that poses a threat to Turkey and terrorizes local people, destroying homes and forcing people to flee. While underlining that a country cannot support one terrorist group to fight another, Turkey conducted its own counterterrorism operations, over the course of which it has managed to remove a significant number of terrorists from the region.

Sochi visit

Erdoğan also spoke on his upcoming visit to Russia’s Sochi, where he will discuss bilateral relations as well as the situation in Syria with President Vladimir Putin.
“I expect from Mr Putin, actually from Russia, different approaches as a necessity of our solidarity,” he said, underlining that the Bashar Assad regime poses a threat to Turkey’s south.
Turkey has backed opposition groups who sought to topple Assad regime, while Russia has helped shore up Assad after a decade of conflict.
Both sides have complained about violations of a truce they agreed on 18 months ago in the northwestern Idlib region, the last opposition bastion left in Syria, where Ankara says two Turkish troops were killed in an attack on Saturday.
The March 2020 agreement followed weeks of fighting that brought Turkey and Russia close to conflict and displaced nearly a million people.
The Idlib region is home to nearly 3 million people, two-thirds of them displaced from other parts of the country.

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
just finished reading on an arab analyst page on twitter saying that erdogan and putin will have meeting soon discussing turkey pulling out from idlib , incase erdogan refuse putin will enter idlib no matter what army is there resulting in mass massacre in the syrian lifes and in the turkish soldier lifes in case turkey decide to stay and fight .

putin after the Darra deal want to fight the last stand for the resistance in idlib province .

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
just finished reading on an arab analyst page on twitter saying that erdogan and putin will have meeting soon discussing turkey pulling out from idlib , incase erdogan refuse putin will enter idlib no matter what army is there resulting in mass massacre in the syrian lifes and in the turkish soldier lifes in case turkey decide to stay and fight .

putin after the Darra deal want to fight the last stand for the resistance in idlib province .
You do realise that arab analyst is a saudi propaganda page right?
You do realise that they are funded by the same guys who posted a clip from battlefield 3 or 4 in their Alarabiya news channel and called it successful aerial bombing by the Saudi army!

Any gulf funded news outlset is a haven for fake news that they feed it to arab nationals like you

I mean if that is the case then why did Erdo sent a huge military convoy towards the Syrian border 2 days ago for Gods sake
I wonder why do Arabs, after all these events, still not learn from their mistakes
Never listen to gulf funded fqing media!

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,837
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

If it turns into a fight, Turkey must move to remove Assad. We have enough firepower in the region to end the regime and russia positions there. The danger of course is how far this conflict extends.

This is why its important that Turkey has nukes, to keep the battle honest.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

It looks like the Gulf Arabs are cheering the Russians in massacring Syrian Arabs while the Turks are defending them.

Also the TSK is gearing up and is getting ready. Our biggest threat is the Russians.

But will the Russians risk it for their proxy?

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
You do realise that arab analyst is a saudi propaganda page right?
You do realise that they are funded by the same guys who posted a clip from battlefield 3 or 4 in their Alarabiya news channel and called it successful aerial bombing by the Saudi army!

Any gulf funded news outlset is a haven for fake news that they feed it to arab nationals like you

I mean if that is the case then why did Erdo sent a huge military convoy towards the Syrian border 2 days ago for Gods sake
I wonder why do Arabs, after all these events, still not learn from their mistakes
Never listen to gulf funded fqing media!

not it's not a saudi propaganda page and it's not an known arab propagandist account . you could asked me who he is instead of this long embarrassing and pathetic useless reply to me .

this is his acc

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,837
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
It looks like the Gulf Arabs are cheering the Russians in massacring Syrian Arabs while the Turks are defending them.

Also the TSK is gearing up and is getting ready. Our biggest threat is the Russians.

But will the Russians risk it for their proxy?

We can't risk our southern border being controlled by hostile entities, we have to be prepared to go all the way. Because once they control the southern border they will aim to extend the turmoil into Turkey directly.

As for the Arabs cheering the shia terrorists or russians to kill and destroy Arabs, what do we honestly expect from these losers? The arab world for the most part is degenerate and morally bankrupt.

Look at how many Arabs celebrate any harm against Turkey, while Turkey feeds and homes millions of Arabs. When you look at the Muslim world as a whole its no surprise that its been reduced to shit status globally. When men behave with such disgrace and stupidity, then hell comes to them first on earth before it comes eternally to them in the afterlife.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom