what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Arrest demands at interpol can be very well ignored if the countries want, Turkey has issues many arrest warrants that were not enforced in the countries. It entirely depends on the number of requests you make and your reputation too.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

US equips YPG terror group in Syria with new armored vehicles​

BY DAILY SABAH​

ISTANBUL WAR ON TERROR
OCT 04, 2021 10:34 AM GMT+3
A U.S. soldier walks near a Bradley Fighting Vehicle (BFV) during a patrol in the countryside near al-Malikiyah (Derik) in Hassakeh province, northeastern Syria, Feb. 2, 2021. (AFP Photo)
A U.S. soldier walks near a Bradley Fighting Vehicle (BFV) during a patrol in the countryside near al-Malikiyah (Derik) in Hassakeh province, northeastern Syria, Feb. 2, 2021. (AFP Photo)

Despite its NATO ally Turkey's legitimate security concerns, the United States continues to provide military support to the Syrian offshoot of the PKK terrorist organization, the YPG. Most recently, the YPG shared footage of Bradley armored vehicles supplied to them by Washington.

In addition, the U.S. House of Representatives last month approved the $778 billion 2022 defense budget bill, which envisions providing $177 million in aid to the terrorist YPG/PKK terrorist organization in a move that has triggered many discussions.

This bill covers the salaries paid to terrorists, training, living materials, logistical support and equipment, including missiles, rifles, heavy weapons, mortars and rocket launchers, as well as their maintenance and repair.

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and other senior figures from Turkey have recently highlighted that the country's NATO ally had been increasing its support to the YPG. It was reported that Washington has provided nearly $2 billion in financial support to the terrorist group from its defense budget in the last five years. This figure rises to nearly $3 billion with additional funds provided by Gulf states.

The U.S., which accepts that the PKK is a terrorist group, has said the training, weapons and ammunition support it provides to the YPG is to support the fight against the Daesh terrorist organization. However, the air defense products provided by the U.S. to the YPG contradict that claim as Daesh does not have an air-defense arsenal.

The issue of U.S. support for the YPG/PKK terrorists has become one of the main disputes between Ankara-Washington. The U.S. primarily partnered with the YPG in northeastern Syria to fight Daesh. Turkey strongly opposed the YPG’s presence in northern Syria and the formation of a terror corridor, which has been a major sticking point in strained Turkey-U.S. relations. Under the pretext of fighting Daesh, the U.S. has provided military training and given truckloads of military support to the YPG, despite its NATO ally’s security concerns.

Ankara has long objected to the U.S.’ support of the YPG, a group that poses a threat to Turkey and terrorizes local people, destroying homes and forcing people to flee. While underlining that a country cannot support one terrorist group to fight another, Turkey conducted its own counterterrorism operations, over the course of which it has managed to remove a significant number of terrorists from the region.

The U.S. is currently supporting terrorist organizations far more than expected, President Erdoğan said recently, adding that the two NATO allies should be in a very different position.

"My wish is to have friendly and not hostile relations" with the United States, he said. "But the way things are going between two NATO allies is currently not too auspicious," he added.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,383
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco

BY DAILY SABAH​

ISTANBUL WAR ON TERROR

Despite its NATO ally Turkey's legitimate security concerns, the United States continues to provide military support to the Syrian offshoot of the PKK terrorist organization, the YPG. Most recently, the YPG shared footage of Bradley armored vehicles supplied to them by Washington.

In addition, the U.S. House of Representatives last month approved the $778 billion 2022 defense budget bill, which envisions providing $177 million in aid to the terrorist YPG/PKK terrorist organization in a move that has triggered many discussions.

This bill covers the salaries paid to terrorists, training, living materials, logistical support and equipment, including missiles, rifles, heavy weapons, mortars and rocket launchers, as well as their maintenance and repair.

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and other senior figures from Turkey have recently highlighted that the country's NATO ally had been increasing its support to the YPG. It was reported that Washington has provided nearly $2 billion in financial support to the terrorist group from its defense budget in the last five years. This figure rises to nearly $3 billion with additional funds provided by Gulf states.

The U.S., which accepts that the PKK is a terrorist group, has said the training, weapons and ammunition support it provides to the YPG is to support the fight against the Daesh terrorist organization. However, the air defense products provided by the U.S. to the YPG contradict that claim as Daesh does not have an air-defense arsenal.

The issue of U.S. support for the YPG/PKK terrorists has become one of the main disputes between Ankara-Washington. The U.S. primarily partnered with the YPG in northeastern Syria to fight Daesh. Turkey strongly opposed the YPG’s presence in northern Syria and the formation of a terror corridor, which has been a major sticking point in strained Turkey-U.S. relations. Under the pretext of fighting Daesh, the U.S. has provided military training and given truckloads of military support to the YPG, despite its NATO ally’s security concerns.

Ankara has long objected to the U.S.’ support of the YPG, a group that poses a threat to Turkey and terrorizes local people, destroying homes and forcing people to flee. While underlining that a country cannot support one terrorist group to fight another, Turkey conducted its own counterterrorism operations, over the course of which it has managed to remove a significant number of terrorists from the region.

The U.S. is currently supporting terrorist organizations far more than expected, President Erdoğan said recently, adding that the two NATO allies should be in a very different position.

"My wish is to have friendly and not hostile relations" with the United States, he said. "But the way things are going between two NATO allies is currently not too auspicious," he added.

Bayraktar tb2 made a reputation bombing russian weapon systems. Time for akinci to make a reputation bombing american vehicles?😁

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Bayraktar tb2 made a reputation bombing russian weapon systems. Time for akinci to make a reputation bombing american vehicles?😁
That would probably only happen if YPG uses US vehicles to attack TSK. I am not sure YPG dares do such a thing because as long as US is in the area where they are they can go on with their business as usual.

No Akinci should be ready for A2A and deepstrike capability and wait for it to become necessary to change the gameplay.

nakaFH

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

BY DAILY SABAH​

ISTANBUL WAR ON TERROR

They are preparing qualified prizes for our army in the near future...

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,916
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I like to believe that the US government isn't that colossally stup...oh, who am I kidding, we're totally this stupid.

Good news is that more than half of the US population now hates their government, so if Turkey were any good at international propaganda, you could do some major damage to Biden and company's reputation this way and score some big points with the American public.

(And if you can, please do, these people are killing our industry.)

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I like to believe that the US government isn't that colossally stup...oh, who am I kidding, we're totally this stupid.

Good news is that more than half of the US population now hates their government, so if Turkey were any good at international propaganda, you could do some major damage to Biden and company's reputation this way and score some big points with the American public.

(And if you can, please do, these people are killing our industry.)
From what I see in reddit if there is anything US public likes about their governments, it is the support behind YPG.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
From what I see in reddit if there is anything US public likes about their governments, it is the support behind YPG.

Same problem in Australia everybody supports the pkk/ypg and that the Turks are the evil ones. They are romanticed as "progressive freedom fighters".

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
73 15,919
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have a dream the creation of evil for Australia from Aborigines just like PKK. And to be supporter for them as "freedom fighters" from imperialists...
I am leaving this post so other members see what they must NOT do.

PKK is a terrorist organization and is recognized as such by many countries and international organizations. The debate on who is terrorist and who is a freedom fighter can go forever but I want to clarify something as a moderator. Calling for terrorism and support for it is prohibited on the forum.

Support for armed struggle is justified in rare cases and the phrase "I have a dream the creation of evil for Australia from Aborigines just like PKK" is something that will not be tolerated in the future and we as the team of DefenceHub reassert our opposition to all kinds of terrorism wherever it is. I urge you to reconsider these thoughts or at least don't share them here so we are not forced to take harsher measures and this is not only message to you but also other members. This time you will not face consequences and you are free to use the forum as you wish without any limitation as long as it is within the forum rules. Than you for the attention! :)

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have a dream the creation of evil for Australia from Aborigines just like PKK. And to be supporter for them as "freedom fighters" from imperialists...

Mainstrem media made them heroes and us the villains.

Still the Turks have been the villains in Western/European/Christian conscious for centuries.

Nothing will change at all. They see us as the villains oppressing the "Kurds". When the conflict itself is not black and white and the Kurds are not a monolithic entity.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am leaving this post so other members see what they must NOT do.

PKK is a terrorist organization and is recognized as such by many countries and international organizations. The debate on who is terrorist and who is a freedom fighter can go forever but I want to clarify something as a moderator. Calling for terrorism and support for it is prohibited on the forum.

Support for armed struggle is justified in rare cases and the phrase "I have a dream the creation of evil for Australia from Aborigines just like PKK" is something that will not be tolerated in the future and we as the team of DefenceHub reassert our opposition to all kinds of terrorism wherever it is. I urge you to reconsider these thoughts or at least don't share them here so we are not forced to take harsher measures and this is not only message to you but also other members. This time you will not face consequences and you are free to use the forum as you wish without any limitation as long as it is within the forum rules. Than you for the attention! :)

Maybe he does not mean it to be honest.

I think his assertion is if Westerners or Europeans love supporting pkk how would they feel if they had pkk like groups doing the same thing in their own countries.

Isis and Ypg both fought each other its basically terrorists or proxies fighting each other none of them are good but the narrative is they the pkk are the good side because they are supported by the West. Remember the Afghan Mujahideen.

Taliban and even Al Qaeda are fighting Isis i dont see anybody calling them the "good guys".

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,916
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Reddit is, pardon my French, a s***hole. Literally nothing there should be taken as an indicator of the overall feeling of the average American or European or Asian or whatever. Hell, even the Azerbaijani and Turkish subreddits there are a mess from what I've seen. It's just a festering cesspool of pseudo-intellectualism.

In reality, most Americans couldn't care less about YPG, PKK, KDP, Turkey or whatever. The vast majority don't even know what those acronyms mean. They might hear of it on CNN or Fox News but trust in mainstream media is at an all-time low and alternative media in America, while not exactly completely on Turkey's side, are a hell of a lot more sympathetic and even-handed than you'd get out of the hacks on CNBC or something.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Reddit is, pardon my French, a s***hole. Literally nothing there should be taken as an indicator of the overall feeling of the average American or European or Asian or whatever. Hell, even the Azerbaijani and Turkish subreddits there are a mess from what I've seen. It's just a festering cesspool of pseudo-intellectualism.

In reality, most Americans couldn't care less about YPG, PKK, KDP, Turkey or whatever. The vast majority don't even know what those acronyms mean. They might hear of it on CNN or Fox News but trust in mainstream media is at an all-time low and alternative media in America, while not exactly completely on Turkey's side, are a hell of a lot more sympathetic and even-handed than you'd get out of the hacks on CNBC or something.

R/Turkey and R/Europe needs to get nuked.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom