Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
That was not the case until 2013. After 2013, journalists get arrested (150 in jail now, Turkey is no:1 in the world). Erdogan begin not obeying laws, hundreds of AKP lawyers become judges over a night, some of the media closed, some got bought by Erdogans friends, they even begin to arrest twitter users whom opposed themselves, nowadays AKP is attacking twiitch users, opposition figures begin to being assaulted, journalists begin to being assaulted. Mafia is out and threating opposition with the death.

It's not like AKP vs CHP as some users try to define, it is the regime vs Turkish citizens. There are regime supporters here, who lie 7/24 because obviously they benefit from this mafia regime or their relatives benefit. I have not come across a sane Turkish citizen who are supporting AKP nowadays.
Yeah, its ridiculous to make this about CHP vs. AKP...
In fact its AKP and their lap dog Bahceli vs. CHP, IYI, half of old MHP supporters, HDP and all the rest of the country.

A

Akhtar

Supported, they played a critical hand in bringing AK party to power. Played a critical role in attacking the Turkish military and arresting and jailing Turkish loyalists. Both worked hand in hand to free the PKK and push for a Kurdistan within Turkey.

The exact reason they fell out with each other is not certain, but crooks, cheats and criminals always end up cheating each other and falling out. Corrupt men are never moral loyalists.

More than that. Erdogan is a real opportunist. He's gone from Gulen cult, the HDP opening to the grey wolves MHP to shore up his base. From the arrests of the Turkish loyalists to ensure his powerbase, then the corruption probe being killed and Erdogan allying with MHP. Erdogan doesn't arrest gulenists because they are a danger to Turkey, he persecutes them because they are a danger to Erdogan.

It is the same with his foreign policy. Erdogan cares about his image and legacy. In Syria, earlier in the war he assured Assad that he would help Assad suppress the rebellion in return for the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood, that were in exile in Turey, gaining ministry positions. Part of his islamic vision with him at the centre. Didn't work out so well.

Bulut Gurpinar - "Turkey and the Muslim Brotherhood: Crossing Roads in Syria"

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,681
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
More than that. Erdogan is a real opportunist. He's gone from Gulen cult, the HDP opening to the grey wolves MHP to shore up his base. From the arrests of the Turkish loyalists to ensure his powerbase, then the corruption probe being killed and Erdogan allying with MHP. Erdogan doesn't arrest gulenists because they are a danger to Turkey, he persecutes them because they are a danger to Erdogan.

It is the same with his foreign policy. Erdogan cares about his image and legacy. In Syria, earlier in the war he assured Assad that he would help Assad suppress the rebellion in return for the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood, that were in exile in Turey, gaining ministry positions. Part of his islamic vision with him at the centre. Didn't work out so well.

Bulut Gurpinar - "Turkey and the Muslim Brotherhood: Crossing Roads in Syria"

Gulenist detected. Hands-up! Put your "maklube" on the ground and stop reading "Sızıntı".

Independent of whether Gulenists are a threat to Erdogan or not, first and foremost Gulenists are a threat to the Turkish Republic. AKPs collaboration or feud with Gulenists in the past/today/future doesn't justify the Gulenist terrorism.

If I have to choose between the two evils I will always choose AKP over Gulenists. Gulenists have no place in Turkiye. Gulenist people think when AKP era is over. They will be accepted in the country again. It doesn't matter who governs the country Gulenists will be hunted down. When they die they will be buried abroad. I know some people who are runaways. If they ever come over here I will pay a visit to them. There are millions like me.

Last edited:
A

Akhtar

Gulenist detected. Hands-up! Put your "maklube" on the ground and stop reading "Sızıntı".

Independent of whether Gulenists are a threat to Erdogan or not, first and foremost Gulenists are a threat to the Turkish Republic. AKPs collaboration or feud with Gulenists in the past/today/future doesn't justify the Gulenist terrorism.

If I have to choose between the two evils I will always choose AKP over Gulenists. Gulenists have no place in Turkiye. Gulenist people think when AKP era is over. They will be accepted in the country again. It doesn't matter who governs the country Gulenists will be hunted down. When they die they will be buried abroad. I know some people who are runaways. If they ever come over here I will pay a visit to them. There are millions like me.

Erdogan enabled them, this doesn't discard my point. Erdogan now enables a different group, as long as it keeps him in power.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,707
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

1624945569746.png

Last edited:

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,927
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Iran desperately needs a good kick in the ass.

And no, I'm not just saying that because it's in my personal interests for Iran's influence be heavily lessened.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,707
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

The YPG/SDF/PKK held territories have so much US influence and weapons that RU can't do anything about it. But it's more difficult to protect a civilian area with quite a large population.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,962
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom