Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
ASELSAN

Thanks to these experiences gained in vehicle projects, is in the TAF's inventory.
Main Contractor in the Project started for the Modernization of Armored Combat Vehicles (ACV)
was appointed as. In the project in question; ASELSAN, original for armored combat vehicles
will also offer the NEFER 25mm Weapon System, which it has developed, to the use of our Infantry Class.
In addition, within the scope of the M60 FIRAT Project, which was developed especially within the scope of ALTAY Project,
With ASELSAN systems integrated into tanks, armor, protection lining, mines belonging to other stakeholders
protection, Automatic Fire Extinguishing System, Chemical-Biological-Radiological-Nuclear System,
Sub-systems such as air conditioners are also under the responsibility of the main contractor and as the responsible of the whole system.
will integrate. Within the scope of the project, unmanned ground vehicle application and PULAT Active
Self-source technology demonstration studies on the integration of the Protection System
will be executed. ZMA Modernization project for all armored vehicles of ASELSAN
It has a special place as it is responsible for the management of activities.

1620261080577.png

> I am surprised that AKKOR PULAT was not integrated into the 133 Modernization Vehicles FNSS ACV 15

1620261413978.png

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tests of armor package solutions have been completed within the scope of increasing the protection level of Leopard2A4 tanks against anti-tank threats. In this context, the first batch of tanks were put into use by the Turkish Armed Forces.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Akkor project is in the closing phase. Aselsan is offering Akkor as a ready product for Korhan, Altay and Leo2A4 modernization projects. Akkor provides 360-degree protection including top attack.

akrepon

Reactions
Nation of residence
Belgium
Akkor project is in the closing phase. Aselsan is offering Akkor as a ready product for Korhan, Altay and Leo2A4 modernization projects. Akkor provides 360-degree protection including top attack.
I really like to see the test videos of akkor. i was waiting for this project to be finished for a long time. Very exciting news. This will be great against ATGMs.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,144
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Akkor should be used on vehicles other than the tanks too if it won't cost an arm and a leg.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
That tweet says KAMA sounds like a Trophy equivalent but the description says it's designed for minimal risk to surroundings, which means its definitely not like Trophy.
I don't think it is like Trophy either, Trophy is pretty bulky and heavy. Look as an example at the Leopard 2A7A1 or the M1A2 equipped with Trophy.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I found out something while scrolling through the Internet.

As Everybody knows BMC Vuran is a Israeli made Vehicle and the License has been bought from Carmor.

1620534777005.png

1620534868985.png

> I wasn't aware that OTOKAR COBRA 2 was following the same path.

"Designs have been drawn up for a radically enhanced version of the Otokar Cobra armoured patrol vehicle, based on AM General's XM1211 ECV II evolutionary concept vehicle, a growth version of the US Army's High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV). The US Army has ordered 15 examples of the ECV II, which it is due to start testing at Aberdeen Proving Ground in January 2008."

The base of the car was the XM1211 Expanded Capacity Vehicle II (ECV II) chassis manufactured by AM General - an improved version of the one used in the HMMWV. The main differences of the new chassis:

• increased ground clearance;
  • removable parabolic armor plate under the bottom of the fighting compartment to increase mine protection;
  • semi-active suspension with the ability to adjust the clearance (it can be reduced for loading into a transport aircraft);
  • increased double bottom of the fighting compartment for increased mine resistance.

> AM General's XM1211 ECV II

1620535244305.png

> Otokar Cobra II

1620535433613.png

> This site is in Russian but after auto Translation its fine.

S

Sinan

I found out something while scrolling through the Internet.

As Everybody knows BMC Vuran is a Israeli made Vehicle and the License has been bought from Carmor.

View attachment 20551
View attachment 20553

> I wasn't aware that OTOKAR COBRA 2 was following the same path.

"Designs have been drawn up for a radically enhanced version of the Otokar Cobra armoured patrol vehicle, based on AM General's XM1211 ECV II evolutionary concept vehicle, a growth version of the US Army's High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV). The US Army has ordered 15 examples of the ECV II, which it is due to start testing at Aberdeen Proving Ground in January 2008."

The base of the car was the XM1211 Expanded Capacity Vehicle II (ECV II) chassis manufactured by AM General - an improved version of the one used in the HMMWV. The main differences of the new chassis:

• increased ground clearance;
  • removable parabolic armor plate under the bottom of the fighting compartment to increase mine protection;
  • semi-active suspension with the ability to adjust the clearance (it can be reduced for loading into a transport aircraft);
  • increased double bottom of the fighting compartment for increased mine resistance.

> AM General's XM1211 ECV II

View attachment 20554

> Otokar Cobra II

View attachment 20555

> This site is in Russian but after auto Translation its fine.

Not important, i think.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,532
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Design of Otokar Cobra II is solely from Otokar itself.

The base (chassis) is from AM General (I think licensed)

Top Bottom