Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Last edited:

Inspector_spacetime

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
You gaved it as an example to increase market share and earn money with after sale from supplying parts etc. The example you gaved, Boeing. A company that does not compete in normal market conditions. They have no competition along with Airbus.

The example is about how companies can earn revenue from aftermarket parts and maintenance and that can be quite significant. Boeing was used as an example of how much revenue can be made from aftermarket parts and maintenence, it is a company that earns more from aftermarket parts and maintenance, then from selling OEM products (if I recall correctly).

Me personally wouldn't care about BMC even with nepotism. If they were not incompetent. They did a terrible getting into military industry despite immense financial and political backing. They used bad excuses. Pricing was never realistic for company without infrastructure. Serial production in 18 months was unrealistic, 18 ay sonra became a meme. more like 56 months at best. Time increased. and with engine embargo, new issue became the engines. Engine was not a justification either as it is was fully government funded. Any company can offer the engines with their platform. During Altay's wait since 2016 until now. They did not improve the tank. The other companies would had improve would and make different variants while waiting for the engine development. Up armored Altay that was displayed wasn't the serial production variant. Leotay moderization was a joke. Probably costs near 3.5 million unrealistic tank price.
Dude, don’t even get me started on meme’s. Off-topic but Meme’s are actually one of the most efficient ways to influence and/or manipulate people. There is this tv show called ‘The Boys’, it depicts a superhero group, but in actuality they are villains but the whole world thinks they are heroes. In season 2, there is a female villain that really knows how to use meme’s etc. to boost her image. This is based on how trolls, governments, etc use meme’s to influence or simply to annoy, flame and trigger people. There are various motivations behind using meme’s, some just do it for entertainment, to be funny and are harmless. Some have a political motivation and some (trolls) just want to see the world burn.
Here is an excellent explanation of how meme’s can be weaponized and used to manipulate:
This is being used all over the world. Even a random dude in some basement can deploy these strategies. If I check my facebook feed, it's full of troll meme’s regarding internal politics.

Anyway, back on topic. I think, based on your last few posts, you are anti-AKP and this extends towards BMC. That is why you are using the nepotism narrative as that is the same narrative as anti-AKP articles, media, etc.
If we are honest with ourselves and if we objectively look at this issue regarding the delay of Altay tank serial production, if it was Otokar or FNSS, it would suffer the same issue. Sure one company could have done it a couple months faster or slower than the other (standard deviation), but eventually the root cause for the delay are engine’s and suspension.

Serial production variant is the one displayed on the top the tank carrier at IDEF. I have difficulty understanding because there was two perfectly capable companies to develop, manufacture Altay with their own infrastructure. No delays other waiting for government funded engine development to finish. Tank maintenance factory had more knowledge in designing tracked vehicles than BMC. Companies like Aselsan, Roketsan which does not manufacture vehicles has more experience in developing modernization. Government and yan sanayi have biggest role in increasing nationalization rate majority of parts. They are given incentives by government not BMC, Otokar, FNSS. Again what BMC offer that is so special to get them the tender? Again they had no capabilities to compete under normal conditions. Why include a company in a tender that has nothing to offer? Not even tank manufacturing capable factory. Otokar and FNSS had it. They required small investment as they had their own grown infrastructure. Qatari investment? for same or less capable infrastructure the two other companies have.
This is all pure speculation. There is nothing out there, no evidence, that would justify what you said about the capabilities of any of these companies. Altay is SSB’s tank, that means SSB has the know-how of the tank. It decided to give the serial production job to BMC. Like I said before, SSB had its reasons for doing so, and no not because of nepotism like you like to claim. It went to make a tender in order to get the best possible deal for serial production. SSB happened to find BMC’s offer as the best value. You want details about it, maybe the details are out there, but I would personally be upset if the details were out there. Some things just need to be a secret, it is a military product after all. SSB has an excellent track record of developing the military industry. You said it yourself “Government and yan sanayi have biggest role in increasing nationalization rate majority of parts.” The government being SSB, SSB is the one that coordinates all these different companies, both major and minor companies like yan sanayi and connects them together. If company A says it is going to import a part for its final product, SSB is the one that says that there is a company that makes that part indigenously and connects both these companies together (Ismail Demir said this in an interview). We are seeing the fruits of what SSB has been doing for years now, yet we still have some ways to go. So no, I am not going to second guess SSB picking BMC for the serial production of Altay and neither should you for the reason I cited here.

You gaved Milgem as example. Have you read Ozden Ornek's story on how much they went through. 3 projects existed before Ada-class and all got canceled one way the other. There wouldn't had been Ada-class today without Ozden Ornek, his book describes rant seekers which use their networks to get try to get tenders in Milgem project and leading to delay Ada-class. Later Ozden Ornek and others got trailed in mock courts. While that was happening pool media close to Erdogan and Feto was posting news supporting the mock trails for political rant. Hehehe no good proof for that too right. Propoganda. Erdogan, AKP has no relations to Kumpas no proof.
I haven’t read Ozden Ornek’s story about Milgem, but it wouldn’t surprise me. What does he say about the cancelled Milgem tender and does he accuse any of the shipyards of anything? By the way, it’s good to read up on stories like this but also remember that this a only one perspective to the story. We are all human, we can misinterpret, misunderstand or simply forget some details about events in our life. Therefore it is important to read up on multiple perspectives on a matter. Don’t get me wrong here, I am not trying to discredit Ozden Ornek as I haven’t read nor am I aware of what he siad, this is just advice for anything in general.

As for this and similar stories have also been told by Selcuk Bayrakar from Baykar and Osman Okyay from Kale. There were more stories that I heard but these are the one’s I remember the most. They also talked about how there were efforts to cancel, or otherwise delay or create (bureaucratic) obstacles, etc. The 90’s was even worse than that. Now before we judge and hate everyone that tried to cancel all these projects, we got to remember that people behind this had various opinions and motivations behind wanting to cancel them. Some are with bad intentions and don’t want the country to be independent, some did it for bribes or other types of materialistic motivations, some for promotions or to prevent the competition from getting a promotion so they sabotage his project. Some were just doing their jobs and didn’t know better like applying the bureaucratic rules and stuff like that. While others want the best product in the hands of our soldiers and their opinion at the time was that the best products were from well known brands from over the world) like (H&K, Lockheed, among others). Etc. etc.

The Milgem project started in the 90’s (feasibility studies), official start was in 2000. But increasing the nationalization rate of military industry and becoming strategically independent started in the 70’s, Cyprus war. This is a flag race, no matter who is at the leadership of the country, the baton of this mission gets passed on. This is why SSB’s role was and is important, and second guessing them or casting doubt towards them like nepotism, corruption, etc. is actually against our national interests.

You mentioned FETO, without derailing the topic. Yes, AKP made a MAJOR mistake pre-2013. The Balyoz trials was FETO trying to oust all the people that stood in their way. Ozden Ornek was within this fake trial with fake accusations because he was someone that was against allowing members of Tarikats in. This goes against FETO’s interest and this would cut FETO’s main source of its power (placing its members into prominent places). So Balyoz happened, but not only that, they went extra hard on people that weren’t FETO and blackmailed, bullied, all these low tactics so that they would quit the military or otherwise act according to FETO’s interest. Appart from a select few people like Hanefi Avci, there weren't many people that knew about what FETO was really about.

Yes, the opposition parties were criticizing FETO at the time including CHP, MHP, etc. But not because they knew FETO was evil, but because they had close ties with AKP, their main political rival at the time. We can easily take this conclusion because after 17/25 aralik (2013), these same opposition parties become closer with FETO and started using the same arguments as FETO and using FETO rooted propaganda, traps and conspiracies, while AKP saw its mistake and their true face and started to oust FETO (called Paralel Devlet Yapisi) at the time. When Zaman newspaper was closed, the opposition claimed censorship and said stuff like press freedom. AKP was the only political party at the time actively fighting FETO until After 15’th of july 2016, then everyone in Turkey properly woke up and saw FETO’s true nature. Then all parties unanimously accepted FETO as an evil group.

Even today FETO is still using the same arguments as some of the arguments the opposition is using. Now I am not accusing the opposition of being FETO here, don’t get me wrong. FETO is just so anti-AKP that they are producing and grasping at all anti-AKP/anti-Erdogan rhetoric they can get their hands on. In other words, none of what they say is objective. It’s all subjective with the goal of ousting Erdogan/AKP. The fact that opposition parties use the same propaganda techniques and mudslinging articles just show the lack of any kind of level in Turkish politics. And AKP responds in kind by mudsling back. It’s just a giant mudslinging contest, not a ‘what’s in the best interest of the people and country’ contest. And this sadly presents an opportunity to our enemies like FETO, etc. that use it against us.

*source: https://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balyoz_(darbe_planı)

This is a warning to those not familiar with FETO:
FETO is an extremely dangerous group and knows how to hide and camouflage well (it’s even more dangerous than a rag tag terrorist group like PKK, ISIS, etc. A terrorist group's biggest weapon is propaganda and sadly FETO is a master at propaganda). Even now in Germany, USA and all other countries they are still active in, are, sorry to say, very effective in deceiving and manipulating people into believing all sorts of lies about Turkey. Even enes kanter, an NBA basketball player gets invited to newsprograms etc to spew his lies about our country. And people that are ill informed or don’t know anything about Turkey will believe everything he says word for word, because there is barely a counter narrative in the USA. Eventually they will look after their own interests and will potentially turn against the countries they are hosted in currently. Because nothing is greater than self-interest, eventually there will be a rift or some sort of political policy that FETO will not be happy about that will be the catalyst for turning against them. In Turkey this was the closure of 'dershaneler', these were tutoring schools. FETO was fiercely opposing this because it was their main source of brainwashing and recruiting people to its cause.

Last edited:

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not up to me or for you to decide.

However, my opinion is that FNSS-ASELSAN ZMA-15 modernisation is still the best value for money option, with a superior weapons/sensor suite.
The only question remains is that the effectiveness of 25mm gun which can be replaced with 30mm in a feasible manner. (Remember armoured IED vehicle attack in Syria)

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The only question remains is that the effectiveness of 25mm gun which can be replaced with 30mm in a feasible manner. (Remember armoured IED vehicle attack in Syria)

I don't think the change would be feasible, given that on penetration both calibres don't have great disparity out to 2000 meters.

30mm Mk268 APFSDS-T25mm M919 APDSFS-T
1626285919472.png
1626285904673.png

I'd like to see larger calibre weapons deployed eventually into Turkish Land forces command, I think we'll definitely see 35mm cannons first.

penet graph.jpg

i. 30mm has ~30% more penetration than 25mm.

ii. 35mm has ~60% more penetration than 25mm.

35mm the way forward
35x228 at hand.jpg

Last edited:

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just the frenchies are adopting the caseless ammo, the bongs after Ajax fiasco, pulled out of the caseless project....a round which really no country uses....and these kind of rounds are not new, the US tried them early 80's, even in 76mm caseless....but no adaption....makes you think!

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't think the change would be feasible, given that on penetration both calibres don't have great disparity out to 2000 meters.

30mm Mk268 APFSDS-T25mm M919 APDSFS-T
View attachment 25759 View attachment 25758

I'd like to see larger calibre weapons deployed eventually into Turkish Land forces command, I think we'll definitely see 35mm cannons first.

View attachment 25760
i. 30mm has ~30% more penetration than 25mm.

ii. 35mm has ~60% more penetration than 25mm.

35mm the way forward
View attachment 25762
25mm can be upgraded into 30mm without changing turret which is not possible with 35mm

E

Era_shield

Just the frenchies are adopting the caseless ammo, the bongs after Ajax fiasco, pulled out of the caseless project....a round which really no country uses....and these kind of rounds are not new, the US tried them early 80's, even in 76mm caseless....but no adaption....makes you think!
Yup, caseless ammo is too unreliable. The French just like to waste money to try to look better, like before WW2 when they built a huge, expensive Maginot defensive line, and then in WW2 the Germans just went around it.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
1626386068919.png
1626386084948.png

1626386105779.png

BMC Tulga has been spotted but this time its the Pickup variant. Notice the Lights on Top.

The Chassis is being made by https://basestudio.com.tr/

1626386500864.png

Attachments

• 1626386464008.png
    1626386464008.png
    1 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
yeah, most probably...why use something from your own country? (yes i know to raise the chances for export, but still...fck them!)

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,850
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
yeah, most probably...why use something from your own country? (yes i know to raise the chances for export, but still...fck them!)

Ah yes fuck a company who obliges the demands of its costumers.
My god are some of you dense.

Also it looks edited. But go on.

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Oh, no ! A koç fan is a little bit sour.......so tell me Mr in this tulpar what is actually built, not assembled, here?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom