Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Altuğ 8x8

The vehicles come to the fore with their superior features in every aspect determined by evaluating the latest user requirements, mission concepts, threats, technology and trends, as well as the capabilities of domestic and foreign vehicles available in this market.

A high domestic rate of up to 80 percent is targeted for the Altuğ 8x8 series vehicles. In addition to the domestic and national axle equipment in all versions of the vehicles, studies are continuing to use domestic engines in the 8x8 and 6x6 versions with 12.7 mm gun turrets.

BMC has manufactured 5 Altug 8x8 Armored Personnel Carriers so far. The vehicles are tested in the toughest field and road conditions.

It is expected that the vehicle will be preferred abroad as well as in the country with its different superstructure and tower systems.
The Altuğ 8x8 Armored Combat Vehicle can operate with a carrying capacity of 3 crew and 9 personnel.
Capable of carrying all kinds of weapons from 7.62 millimeters to 120 millimeters, the Altug 8x8 offers superior protection against mines and hand-made explosives. Altug can carry a payload of up to 8 tons.

Having "multi-tasking capability on a single platform" with its detachable and replaceable roof concept, Altuğ operates with advanced maneuverability thanks to 4-axle steering.

With its large interior volume, Altuğ 8x8 offers high comfort for personnel in all climates and terrain conditions. Altuğ will be used with an infrastructure that is easy to maintain, has high system reliability and has low life cycle costs.

M

Manomed

Altuğ 8x8

The vehicles come to the fore with their superior features in every aspect determined by evaluating the latest user requirements, mission concepts, threats, technology and trends, as well as the capabilities of domestic and foreign vehicles available in this market.

A high domestic rate of up to 80 percent is targeted for the Altuğ 8x8 series vehicles. In addition to the domestic and national axle equipment in all versions of the vehicles, studies are continuing to use domestic engines in the 8x8 and 6x6 versions with 12.7 mm gun turrets.

BMC has manufactured 5 Altug 8x8 Armored Personnel Carriers so far. The vehicles are tested in the toughest field and road conditions.

It is expected that the vehicle will be preferred abroad as well as in the country with its different superstructure and tower systems.
The Altuğ 8x8 Armored Combat Vehicle can operate with a carrying capacity of 3 crew and 9 personnel.
Capable of carrying all kinds of weapons from 7.62 millimeters to 120 millimeters, the Altug 8x8 offers superior protection against mines and hand-made explosives. Altug can carry a payload of up to 8 tons.

Having "multi-tasking capability on a single platform" with its detachable and replaceable roof concept, Altuğ operates with advanced maneuverability thanks to 4-axle steering.

With its large interior volume, Altuğ 8x8 offers high comfort for personnel in all climates and terrain conditions. Altuğ will be used with an infrastructure that is easy to maintain, has high system reliability and has low life cycle costs.

So looks like you gotta be corrupt to get your trash APC get adopted

BordoEnes

Committed member
Reactions
2 866
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Altuğ 8x8

Does anyone know what foreign components or systems the Altug would be using for the other 20%? I always assumed the that the only difference between a mostly Turkish made and 100% Turkish made vehicles was the engines and transmission which in this case is domestically produced. Is it perhaps the chassis? Electro-optics? Hydraulics?

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
Does anyone know what foreign components or systems the Altug would be using for the other 20%? I always assumed the that the only difference between a mostly Turkish made and 100% Turkish made vehicles was the engines and transmission which in this case is domestically produced. Is it perhaps the chassis? Electro-optics? Hydraulics?
The transmission is not yet local .. allison's i think ..

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
FNSS Pars series have been in development for nearly 20 years and Arma is around 10 years, how come this ugly box pops up in couple of years and claim to be better than those. How come not anyone notice that front armor (which is opening!) is so thin that just a bullet from an anti materiel rifle could pierce the engine. This thing needs many more years to mature.. Look PARS IV 6X6 S-Op version, it is a true war machine, well protected and matured. Design wise I always liked the very first version of Arma but nowadays FNSS looks better. This is the ugliest.. And I don't really understand why there is so much internal competition and waste of resources in local defense sector, why everybody trying to develop same things.. BMC should focus on Trucks.. Back in days every company just bring a design from abroad and market it, that was understandable but now all of them are local.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
17 19,906
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do you know how the Altug fares against the new PARS by FNSS?

Advantage of PARS is its many years of experience. The PARS I-II-III series has been perfected by feedbacks. We do not have enough feedback about ALTUG yet. If I had a choice, I would definitely choose PARS. My choice would be because of years of experience and feedback rather than political reasons. I guss ALTUG still has a long way to run.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom