Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Tulpar needs to be put into production!!!

With the removal of the swim vane, I think it's starting to look good for heavy IFV.. At least we may see a tender in the future, and fingers crossed a healthy competition.

Attachments

• d (2).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 136

Tsenal

Committed member
Reactions
1 714
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We need to get rid of the aluminum death traps that are the ACV-15's.

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We need to get rid of the aluminum death traps that are the ACV-15's.
If you ever call for an armoured vehicle that must be amphibious, you end up with aluminium armour. This argument have been use in Turkey for a long time to say “I’m buying from FNSS.” as FNSS’s expert with that. Look at Korkut and ATGM carrier deals.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
One of the reasons the turret looks big is that the vehicle is really small. Btw I hope we see this vehicle family in the inventory..

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
TULPAR Armored Combat Vehicle successfully completed the firing tests in Şereflikoçhisar.

The Tulpar needs to be put into production!!!

Problem with Tulpar (which shares most sub systems with Altay), Korhan or Acv-30 / Kaplan-30 is the localization rate I guess and the overall cost. For Tulpar you need a military grade 1000 hp engine just like Fırtına or Altay. Engine power transmission, suspension still not localized.. also until recently armor is also imported. (I don't know if Turkey started production of armor grade steel or not). Building an 1000hp is a thing but fitting it to military standards is another thing. Unfortunately a tractor engine is not a candidate for IFVs but it is a good start point.

Even the gun is a licensed production, business wise if you gather up all these imported different components price would be higher than buying a foreign product. So I don't think cost of each vehicle is less than $5 million (40 Million TL). ACV-15 does not fit modern battleground but it is not an urgent need against asymmetrical threats, Wheeled MRAPS and uavs are priority. I remember reading that ACV-15 modernisation will cost around 900 million TL for 133 Vehicles 6.8 million each which is less than $1 million. I think it is all about priorities. When these IFVs have the reasonable price and all localized subsystems tender could be started depending on requirements. ACV-15 and ACV-300 are just light IFVs or armed APCs and they have no use in anti-terror operations.

I definately love to see both Tulpar and Korhan with APS, anti-tank and anti-uav capabilities for modern battle ground. Also if anyone played C&C Generals, I think each Combat Vehicle should have a cable connected small uav hovering and watching surrounding area just like a periscope

Last edited:

BordoEnes

Committed member
Reactions
2 866
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
To play devils advocate here, vehicles such as ACV-15 definitly have their place and need within our armed forces. The upgrade its slowly starting to grow on me. However we have countless tracked vehicles that are just waiting to enter service which can greatly boost our capabilities but more importantly protection for our soldiers. Lets not kid ourselves, the cause is mostly likely cost related and not a matter of political/military will.

Reviewbrah

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
fnss-hibrit-arac.jpg

8-11 year old concept from Tubitak-FNSS
aselsan korhan_zpsjfvhjhoc.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
tumosan-pusat-8x8.jpg

Tumosan 8x8 IFV - Looks to have much better armor than FNSS PARS and Otokar Arma
bmc-8x8-cgi.jpg

BMC 8x8 IFV - revealed 2018

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Good ol Tumosan. They failed badly with the Altay Engine Development project....
I am a firm believer of slow and steady. I would much rather have companies like Tümosan focus and develop solid engine for ACV, and continue growing until they can deliver something solid that can be used in Tanks.

I get that they may be pressured into developing something beyond their capabilities because the politicians don't get it. But we end up wasting money, unless that trial and error can be used to improve on the current engine projects.

It's good to hear that the development project with FNSS continues as planned.

Brave Janissary

Reactions
5 629
Good İfv but its so far the thruts of modern battlefield. They need ;

+ Aselsan pulat
+ Laser warning system lis
+ yamgöz 360 degree vision system
+ 2x coaxial anti tank missile
+ Extra Commander flir for searching and detecting ucavs and helicopters
+ Min 35 mm cannon and atom ammo for engageing accuaretly againts ucavs and helicopters
+ National powerpack-bonus

From short way they need aselsan korkut zma solution + 2x coaxial atgm.

Brave Janissary

Reactions
5 629
Why not we are just use hisar-a+ for command controling of korkut spaags, they are just have same radar, eo and c&c subsytem. Also he ca give a air defence support to hims.

5dd6958ebf21441b34937cc2

korkut-sistemi-kka.jpg

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom