Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
German armor companies depend on higher end, higher cost systems sales to mainly EU/NATO market. Germans would need to move a alternative country to curb production costs and local export restrictions.

We offer wider range of armored vehicles, varying in classification, quality, cost. Internal demand along with lower costs + export restrictions gives upper hand.

How many Altay customers would there be? It is a modern MBT with high price. Limited amount of countries can afford it that is in our potential customer base. Korea still did not scored MBT export despite having access far more options.

Our majority of export vehicles have alternative powerpacks in case of wider German embargo. I don't think embargoing MBT powerpack does that much for protecting their armor industry. Not to forget, it encouraged to develop our own powerpacks.

I think it is just German government being German government.
Norway is looking at K2. Also as our Korean mod has pointed out the production cost of K2 is far cheaper than Altay.

Defence Industry Enjoyer

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Norway is looking at K2. Also as our Korean mod has pointed out the production cost of K2 is far cheaper than Altay.

EU/NATO MBT market is dominated by Germany then Korea as an alternative. Most of EU armies probably consider replacing, modernizing by 2030s.

We should rather try to tap into Asia, Africa, South America market with platforms like Kaplan.

Big market for countries that are going to want to replace Soviet/Russian armor but have limited budgets.

Defence Industry Enjoyer

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
if thats the case, shouldnt we try to sell to them as well?

I mean it is EU. TB2 did brake the barrier of exporting major system to an EU country for our industry. But continuation in different areas, depends. Complex issue get EU countries to buy major platforms from Turkey. with the attitude against Turkey to begin with.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I mean it is EU. TB2 did brake the barrier of exporting major system to an EU country for our industry. But continuation in different areas, depends. Complex issue get EU countries to buy major platforms from Turkey. with the attitude against Turkey to begin with.
Defence industry deals with EU countries is connected to tradebalances. Turkey doesn’t have anything of interest to offer to increase the EU countries tradebalance in that regard. This even if it’s more expensive they buy EU stuff or US stuff. We can break into East EU because they’re still new to the union and frontline countries. SK and Japan are of course exceptions for EU.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
10 3,811
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
On the Topic of light tanks for the Land Forces and possible the Marines.

Without our own Turret we will not see any Light Tanks in service. Belgium actively sanctions Turkey as such Cockerill Turrets can not be used. I do not know about the status of Italy in this regard as the HITFACT could be an alternative.

I think the Branches are interest in light tanks to replace the outdated M48 but without a turret they would be driving around in a armored hull.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
On the Topic of light tanks for the Land Forces and possible the Marines.

Without our own Turret we will not see any Light Tanks in service. Belgium actively sanctions Turkey as such Cockerill Turrets can not be used. I do not know about the status of Italy in this regard as the HITFACT could be an alternative.

I think the Branches are interest in light tanks to replace the outdated M48 but without a turret they would be driving around in a armored hull.
I remember someone (maybe it was @Anmdt ) who mentioned that aselsan and fnss were working on a Turret together so I really hope to see 105 and 120 mm coming out in a surprise move and soon.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
10 3,811
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I remember someone (maybe it was @Anmdt ) who mentioned that aselsan and fnss were working on a Turret together so I really hope to see 105 and 120 mm coming out in a surprise move and soon.

I think the best would be to have a company be founded by Aselsan,BMC,Otokar and FNSS which focus solely on developing and producing turrets and ammunition.

Our own cockerill if you will.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think the best would be to have a company be founded by Aselsan,BMC,Otokar and FNSS which focus solely on developing and producing turrets and ammunition.

Our own cockerill if you will.
Waste of ressources I’d say Aselsan and MKE should be able to handle that. What matters is their willigness and other companies willingness to use own/ domestic turret.

handicap/ no battletestet turret so will difficult to export it.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
When does our government understand the situation here?

What do you want the govt to do exactly? Go to the Christian parliamets and beg them not to sell their equipment to Greece against Turkey?

Hypocritical Germans are speeding up Greece's armaments while trying to delay Turkish armaments as much as possible. The only possible way out of this is through indiginisation however that is no easy path

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,600
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When does our government understand the situation here?

What is there to understand here? They invest heavily in armored vehicles against the best UAV force with a completely self-sufficient ATGM production capability. I would instead buy modern short-mid range air-defense systems than armored vehicles.

205 KF41 Lynx costs 2.125 billion $. (10.367 million per unit)

Germany Upgraded 104 Leo2A4 to A7. Upgrades cost 8.2 million each. Let's say the Greeks cut the cost to 7 million. They will pay 1.281 billion $ for the upgrade. The total cost will be 3.406 billion $. They will probably spend around 3.5 billion. We can buy 250 brand new MBTs with that amount which is really expensive, to be honest.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,495
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Cenkcnk

Committed member
Reactions
1 354
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
that's what i am saying. no one (unless they are stupid AF) accept those debts for nothing. some promises must have been given. We must be prepared for any kind of conflicts

fire starter

Reactions
3 435
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
that's what i am saying. no one (unless they are stupid AF) accept those debts for nothing. some promises must have been given. We must be prepared for any kind of conflicts
It all started after s400 purchase if I am not wrong. When everything was going fine what was the need of messing with west unnecessarily.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom